It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Violently Dragged Off Plane After United Airlines Overbooks Flight

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: subfab

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: subfab

So you don't have a problem with this dude being dragged off the plane?

no i don't.

the time to plead your case is in court. resisting an order from a law enforcement officer is not a good idea.

ha.
wow man. you suck

in other airline news. a turkish airline crew deliver baby mid air

www.huffingtonpost.com...

post an article showing a person who argues with or ignores an order from a law enforcement officer where the civilian gets exactly what he wanted without a physical altercation.

the place to plead your case is in court.

I used to teach LE in CIT....Crisis intervention training...those goons wanted to power trip and rough that guy up. Evidenced by the video. They could have spent 5 more min. talking to the guy but they didn't want to. Off duty LE just picking up a little extra "security" money. I know how it works.

if you taught law enforcement then you should know more than most that the place to plead your case is in court.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: greydaze
Yeah just bend over,and take it huh? people like you make Me sick...

bend over and take it?

no

lawyer up and take your case to court.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

no i don't.

the time to plead your case is in court. resisting an order from a law enforcement officer is not a good idea.

ha.
wow man. you suck

post an article showing a person who argues with or ignores an order from a law enforcement officer where the civilian gets exactly what he wanted without a physical altercation.

I used to teach LE in CIT....Crisis intervention training...those goons wanted to power trip and rough that guy up. Evidenced by the video. They could have spent 5 more min. talking to the guy but they didn't want to. Off duty LE just picking up a little extra "security" money. I know how it works.

if you taught law enforcement then you should know more than most that the place to plead your case is in court.

And you should know that the courts invariably favor the LE over complaints by citizens.

Even the DA and attorneys are afraid of law enforcement.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

no i don't.

ha.
wow man. you suck

And you should know that the courts invariably favor the LE over complaints by citizens.

Even the DA and attorneys are afraid of law enforcement.

i agree with you here.

but in this case, with all the video capture devices, the passenger would have had a very good chance of doing well in court.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I think you are what's wrong. Roll over and get treated like a dog....then come out of your pocket to lawyer up. Then miss who knows how much work. In 6-8 months it might be resolved.
People don't deserve to get treated like that. Cops can be thugs my friend. Clearly.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Now the ceo of united air is trying to reach out to the passenger to try and work something out with him.

I bet they are.

If i were e this man id ask 8 figures.

United has the money. They are at record profits this year. This wasnt about the passengers or customers it was about airline greed. But it looks like it may backfire on them.

Hey any LEOs here know what the consequences (probably none im betting) of security or police issuing or complying or assisting in unlawful orders that are a violation of the airlines contract with the customer. They had no legal right to force him off the plane without violating their own contract with the passenger. What are the penelties for the bonehead security? Can they be sued? Can they sue the airline for putting them in a bad position or misinforming them and commiting fraud. Can the security officer that unlawfully assulted the passenger get arrested and thrown in jail? I hope so.
edit on 10-4-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

You gonna address the time and money issue? Takes both to fight # out in court. A doc can afford a lawyer but I wouldn't be able to lawyer up and I damn well shouldn't have to.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
Now the ceo of united air is trying to reach outto the passenger to try and work sonething out with him.

I bet they are.

If i wete this man id ask 8 figures.

Yeah. I'd be looking for a lot myself. UA better offer a GOOD amount to settle out of court (which is what they'll be attempting here to avoid admitting responsibility and that they did something wrong)
edit on 10-4-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I think you are what's wrong. Roll over and get treated like a dog....then come out of your pocket to lawyer up. Then miss who knows how much work. In 6-8 months it might be resolved.
People don't deserve to get treated like that. Cops can be thugs my friend. Clearly.

if following the law of the land is wrong....... i don't see how i'm what's wrong.
cops can also be good people.
standing up for your rights in court is not the same as rolling over and being treated like a dog. it's using your constitutional rights in the way it is designed to.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

youve addressed nothing i brought up.
i know cops can be good. my point was they are not all good. some are piles of # like the ones in this vid.

so again...you say fight it out in court.

what about the people that can not afford a lawyer? what about the people that can not afford to miss work while it plays out?
what are those people supposed to do?

tough # on them if they cant afford a lawyer?
id like to know what you think about that....

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

i know cops can be good. my point was they are not all good. some are piles of # like the ones in this vid.

what about the people that can not afford a lawyer? what about the people that can not afford to miss work while it plays out?

The first thing is to not willingly put yourself in a position to fight with state sponsored goons. I've said this before whether it is a young black teen or a asian doc on a plane, you STFU and do what is being asked. There is a time and a place to fight and it isn't on the side of the road or an airplane. YOU WILL LOSE THE ARGUMENT. It will not end well for you in most cases.

I think United and the cops were out of line, but at the same time the Doc should have just got off the plane as instructed. Any idiot knows TSA and airlines are not playing when it comes to security. Just do what they ask and complain after the fact. There are processes in place for these situations.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

standing up for your rights in court is not the same as rolling over and being treated like a dog. it's using your constitutional rights in the way it is designed to.

Either you are very young or very naive to think the "little guy" has any constitutional rights left. The system is stacked against private citizens unless you are very wealthy and part of the connected elite. Even the shrinking middle class is at a distinct disadvantage.

Must be nice there in Mayberry....
edit on 10-4-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

What if the guy really is a doctor. Who knows maybe he was supposed to be giving a heart transplant tomorrow and now some dudes life is threatened cause united screwed to pooch.

United needs to pay. They are in the wrong. They were in the wrong for calling security. Security was in the wrong for listening blindly to bad council (united ) and complying. Which in the process left a man injured and rights violated.

Somebody needs to get sued the crap out of. Punitive damages to the max.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

The first thing is to not willingly put yourself in a position to fight with state sponsored goons. I've said this before whether it is a young black teen or a asian doc on a plane, you STFU and do what is being asked. There is a time and a place to fight and it isn't on the side of the road or an airplane. YOU WILL LOSE THE ARGUMENT. It will not end well for you in most cases.

I think United and the cops were out of line, but at the same time the Doc should have just got off the plane as instructed. Any idiot knows TSA and airlines are not playing when it comes to security. Just do what they ask and complain after the fact. There are processes in place for these situations.

how many times do i have to ask?
what about the people that can not afford to stfu and lawyer up?
those people do exist.

i will say this. yes this man most definitely lost the argument but he will win in the end. believe that.
so he could have shut his hole and lawyered up and had results in a half a years time.

or decide to not to roll over, take a lump on the had and wait for that big ass check

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

What if the guy really is a doctor. Who knows maybe he was supposed to be giving a heart transplant tomorrow and now some dudes life is threatened cause united screwed to pooch.

United needs to pay. They are in the wrong. They were in the wrong for calling security. Security was in the wrong for listening blindly to bad council (united ) and complying. Which in the process left a man injured and rights violated.

im with you man.
dude was not loud or violent. not threatening. just wanted to take the flight he paid for.
not his fault they #ed up.

sometimes it is best to stand your ground

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: greydaze
Yeah just bend over,and take it huh? people like you make Me sick...

Realistically, bending over and taking it is your only option. And I can make the case for you, that it's the right thing to do.

The police are not judges or juries. Their job is to get people to court, where those things actually exist. That is their job, and for the sake of having an actual justice system, that is the only thing that can be their job. It is wrong when the police decide arbitrarily who is guilty and should be brought through the courts, therefore everyone should go through them, and let the courts decide who is right and who is wrong.

Furthermore, the police must always be able to escalate the use of force to the point where they're in control of the situation. If we were to allow sufficient force to make the police back off, then every criminal who is violent enough could evade the police.

I'm not saying that what United did was right here, but this man chose the wrong time and place to make his stand. Once the police come, you have lost. Accept that, move on, and call a lawyer... there are many who would take the case, and represent you in the state so that you don't have to miss work.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

how many times do i have to ask? what about the people that can not afford to stfu and lawyer up? those people do exist.

With a case like this one, he won't have to worry about affording a lawyer because they will be lining up outside his door.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Chicago department of aviation says this is deplorable uncondoned and not in accordance to their rules. The officer that struck the victim is now on leave pending an investigation.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Apparently he wasn't as we haven't heard anything else about it. Given the press this has gotten, I'm sure we'd know if some kid was on his death bed as a result. If it was truly a life or death situation, other arrangements would have been made to get him there like a chartered private plane.

Again, not justifying United or security. However, the situation could have been avoided.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: TinySickTears

how many times do i have to ask? what about the people that can not afford to stfu and lawyer up? those people do exist.

With a case like this one, he won't have to worry about affording a lawyer because they will be lining up outside his door.

yeah youre probably right....
one thing is for sure....this dude is about to be paid

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join