It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Violently Dragged Off Plane After United Airlines Overbooks Flight

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

Training only comes after huge lawsuits remove 1,000,000's of dollars from the companies coffers.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

In the videos posted you can see a line of cameras/phones out all recording this for Youtube. The authorities had to realize what was going to happen after they got the guy off the plane while they were doing this.
edit on 10-4-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: intrptr

I'd like to hear what UA's definition of the word "voluntary" is.

Once they call the attack dogs its "out of their hands".

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Perhaps they will take the phones, and destroy any more evidence before it get out? After all you have no rights when flying.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
The other thing that is annoying is that these airlines purposely overbook flights knowing there will be no shows then they expect the paying customers to be inconvenienced because their statistical model didn't work out. If you want to overbook a flight to maximize revenue on a fixed asset then fine, but they need to be prepared to pay whatever it takes for people to give up seats.

Personally, I think the FAA should mandate they can only offer cash, not vouchers. They typically offer vouchers as they know often times you will never get around to using it and then usually those vouchers are the lowest class available.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Too late for that.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I'm sure there has to be some consulting opportunities for PR firms to help these companies implement policies and understand how crappy this stuff looks in this age of videos. Even in situations where an employee may be following policy or protocol, often times the optics may not look good from a PR perspective.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Sorry f#cking disgusting,

I hope he sues the sh1t out of them, lost for words and a situation that I have never heard of happening before.. Name pulled out of a hat to give up a seat when already boarded to make way for a airline f#ck up!!, sorry but who do they think they are??..

If that was on the street without cause he could name his price for compensation, I think getting that crew to the destination will cost them a heap more than $800...

Put someone in your family in that situation and see how you feel about it, also really poor show regarding the Police, I have seen videos where airline staff have tried to "use" Police and they where having non of it.. Name and shame the bastards, so you get sexually molested by TSA before you board and then beaten to f#ck when on the plane, what is this some sick S&M club??.

RA
edit on 10-4-2017 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

After all you have no rights when flying.

The other thing that always amazes me is the kind of people argue with authority figures, on a dark stretch of road, in jail, on a plane.

Okay carry your protest to a certain point, once the badge shows up though its game over. Just comply, your well being, your life is more valuable to you than to them.

The other point should be made is the flight attendant could have changed out from the good doctor to someone else, before calling security.

Next time...

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz
Video of the incident

The airlines have become the terrorists.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: seasonal

After all you have no rights when flying.

The other thing that always amazes me is the kind of people argue with authority figures, on a dark stretch of road, in jail, on a plane.

Okay carry your protest to a certain point, once the badge shows up though its game over. Just comply, your well being, your life is more valuable to you than to them.

The other point should be made is the flight attendant could have changed out from the good doctor to someone else, before calling security.

Next time...

Following your view black people would be riding back of the bus and giving up seats to whites.

Who is more important airline personal or Dr
""He told the police and the United employees he had to be at the hospital in the morning to see patients,"
Clearly our world has gone to hell any older person would tell us there was a time customers were RESPECTED!
edit on 10-4-2017 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Society needs to sink it's teeth into ToS agreements. As it is, you have to read years of those things just to proceed normally through life. Many of them are abusive toward consumers.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Wow, dare I say only in the USA, at least he didnt get shot for resisting

I hope the man involved takes them to the proverbial cleaners for a payout

I can not recall a similar approach taken to an innocent civilian for A long time, Oh and he had to pay for the privilege

I think one of the scariest parts is the fact a computer selected at random, who was in the firing line

Maybe this movie is not so far fetched after all, stay safe my American friends

www.imdb.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a bit of a disgrace. not cool.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Following your view black people would be riding back of the bus and giving up seats to whites.

You missed my point of view entirely.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I prefer Delta myself. Southwest is ok, not very comfortable... but they're cheap. United has always struck me as being similar to Southwest.

Honestly, I think this is just yet another example of how bad air travel in the US has gotten. Other countries do it at a similar price point, or even less and their flights are much more comfortable, and without all the overbooking BS.

Our airline industry went to # post 9/11, and they never bothered trying to recover.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Krazysh0t

I don't understand the purpose of dragging him off. Another video and some commentary shows he is allowed to get back on the plane again. So, other than a possible law suit and some bad press...what did they gain?

(at the end of this video he is shown back on the plane)

In another video, the man runs back onto the plane, his clothes still mussed from his forcible ejection, frantically repeating: “I have to go home. I have to go home.” “He was kind of dazed and confused,” Bridges said.
From the OP's link

Thanks,
blend57

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
voluntary
ˈvɒlənt(ə)ri/Submit
adjective
done, given, or acting of one's own free will

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Next time...

If the route is so busy, maybe they should have flown multiple planes to that destination.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Protect and serve.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join