It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus view on homosexuality and civil law

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1
a reply to: Raggedyman

You are wrong on so many counts.
You are obviously trolling and, I'm not taking your bait.

Insightful post.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: Logarock

"Some Pharisees came to him to test him. They asked, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any and every reason?” - Matthew 19:3
Pretty clear.

Ok it doesn't negate the truth of His pointing to the original condition though. You haven't really made a point or proved your point. Just trying to convince those who don't know enough that you know what you are talking about here by pissing on my leg.

So are you saying Jesus gave a trick answer to a trick question?

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

And it's reasonable precaution against a risk because you JUDGED the person and decided they are a risk.

Hmmm. Since your hypothetical presented this person as a known pedophile, that would not be judgment -- it would be fact. So wouldn't I actually be judging the deed and its consequences? And therefore judging myself and my reaction to that deed? Which would, of course, be subjective. And, since I would be projecting my subjective judgment on the child by assuming that they would be harmed by that deed, wouldn't I also be judging the child -- not the pedophile?

It's ok, it's normal, it's actually healthy and proper.

I agree -- taking reasonable precautions for known risks is a healthy and appropriate response. But it doesn't require judging anyone else, even the pedophile.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

a reply to: Boadicea

That's a weird word to call the homosexuals. I would think it would refer to men who are born unable to have sex or without "stuff".

I thought it odd the first time I heard it too! But I guess that's how they thought in those days. Apparently trying to put people in boxes with labels isn't a new thing...

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

The point is Jesus never directly talked about divorce. He was simply answering their questions. He never talked about sex same marriage or homosexuality.
Pretty simple.

edit on 4/9/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

If someone is living in sin, is it not love that commands you to tell them as much?

Did Jesus ever condemn anyone?
But you do?

There is a big difference in condemnation and reproof. We all know of at least one person in our lives we would take correction from without feeling condemned? Many do condemn. Most of us know the difference when we are being condemned without love rather than reproved with love.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Please do not put words into my mouth.

If someone is hurting others you have the right to stop that.

So then you are the arbiter of when you can and can not tell someone what they are doing is wrong? mighty important job you gave yourself.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

On marriage, it's not a christians buisness to decide for another individual what is right or wrong
Jesus taught us to love others, irrespective

For God so loved the world

Strange you would say that because He did say about divorce, the idea and the legal judgment had no place at the beginning and was clear that man and woman were involved in the edict of marriage. If you are suggesting that christians cannot comment on ideas out side of these definitions you are simply not looking at what He said.

God hates divorce, it is written, because divorce is so horrific for those who go through it
Jesus never commented on civil law, please prove me wrong
Not because I disagree, because I need to know

And supposedly according to Christian zealots, God hates abortion. Although it is never mentioned in the Bible. In fact, there are methods in the Bible to induce abortion.

The Bible says nothing whatsoever about abortion. It never mentions the subject, not once, neither in the Old Testament nor the New. This isn't because abortion was unknown in the ancient world. Much to the contrary, the ancient Greeks and Romans were well-acquainted with the idea. Surviving writings from these cultures recommend the use of herbs like pennyroyal, silphium and hellebore to induce abortion; others advise vigorous physical activity to cause a miscarriage, and some even discuss surgical methods.

www.alternet.org...

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

The point is Jesus never directly talked about divorce. He was simply answering their questions. He never talked about sex same marriage or homosexuality.
Pretty simple.

What are you talking about? He did talk about divorce, how it came about under Moses and the original condition of the man/woman union at the beginning.

When He talked to the woman at the well He talked about the condition of divorce......i.e. 5 husbands....not married.....did not recognize others.

He talked about divorce when He said that a man that marries a divorced woman causes her to commit adultery. That divorce was not really a clean break spiritually.

link   

My comments where to addressed christians, christians are to love others

And to you, love is letting someone continue wrong and sinful behavior without trying to help them?

Please never 'love' me.
edit on 9-4-2017 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

link   

It's pretty obvious that hurting others is wrong, don't you think?

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Of course. But we are not allowed to tell them as much according to you. Need I quote you again?

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Ok point to me in the Bible where he talked about divorce directly.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Of course. But we are not allowed to tell them as much according to you. Need I quote you again?

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Romans 16:17-18

I appeal to you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and create obstacles contrary to the doctrine that you have been taught; avoid them. For such persons do not serve our Lord Christ, but their own appetites, and by smooth talk and flattery they deceive the hearts of the naive.

2 John 1:10-11
If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house or give him any greeting, for whoever greets him takes part in his wicked works.

Colossians 2:8

See to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Ok point to me in the Bible where he talked about divorce directly.

Liken the scribes and Pharisees used to ask Jesus to "tell them directly" ect lol.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Proves further that Christians are Paulians.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Perhaps you should read the part where the Pharisees questioned Jesus about divorce. He clearly defined marriage, reiterating what God said it was in the Old Testament and backing that up in the new.

If sex outside of marriage is sinful for anyone, and marriage is only blessed between a man and woman, then it follows that relations taking place beyond the bonds of marriage are sinful for anyone. And if God only blesses a marriage between a man and a woman, then there is no marriage for gays and lesbians, except to a partner of the opposite sex.

To defy that and continue on in any other way is to continue in sin.

Now, it is also true that all of us sin each and every day and that we may all be forgiven, but it is not OK to openly defy God and live in unrepentant sin.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Hmmm. Since your hypothetical presented this person as a known pedophile, that would not be judgment -- it would be fact.

the judgement is that they are a risk to your child. since that has not happened, it's not a fact.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

The point is talking about divorce, marriage and homosexuality, is it not? As I have stated few times the Pharisees tried to trick Jesus, thinking that they were going to stump him and Jesus was being clever.

If Jesus wanted to talk about marriage and homosexuality, he would have done so already to his disciples.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join