It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus view on homosexuality and civil law

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: Raggedyman

Well said -- and thank you for saying it

I don't really have anything to add. Jesus gave us one commandment -- to love one another as He loved -- and that says it all, and you already said it.

Thankyou, that's all I wanted to say, Jesus taught love
I wish christians could understand that message

Love you could see and accept it so easily

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

If someone is living in sin, is it not love that commands you to tell them as much?

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

If someone is living in sin, is it not love that commands you to tell them as much?

Are you without sin?

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Did Jesus ever condemn anyone?
But you do?

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

If you name a specific "sin" and telling them they're wrong for it, that's judging.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

But you do?

Notice he has not replied to me because I noted the OT law applies to the Hebrews Specifically,and the NT applies to Gentiles specifically.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
In Acts 10, we have the story of Peter seeing a vision of all sorts of "unclean" animals being offered to him to eat.

Three times Peter exclaims that he has never eaten anything unclean.

Three times the Voice answers "Don't call that which I have cleaned unclean."

Jesus said that he came to show us the way back to the Father. He said it was THROUGH him which many take to mean through following his example.

He didn't say that anyone had to join a church or make a confession or be baptized or any of that rot.

That's man speaking; that's religion.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

But you do?

Sorry, telling someone something is wrong is not condemning, thank you for proving my point, where any statement that something is 'wrong' can't be done.

Is a pedophile wrong? Are you condemning them by saying it is?

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

If you name a specific "sin" and telling them they're wrong for it, that's judging.

Hahaha, so when some white dude is raping black women because he hates black people, you aren't allowed to tell them it's wrong?

What sick world do you live in?

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Uh I never implied that. That action hurts women. We are supposed to help them and prevent them from being victims.
You are going overboard with this. Is it judging if we tell children not to play with fire?

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

But you do?

Notice he has not replied to me because I noted the OT law applies to the Hebrews Specifically,and the NT applies to Gentiles specifically.

Notice you didn't answer my question, only stated another question

I answered yours by stating a christian asking you to define yours, yours seems Jewish

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Uh I never implied that.

No, what you did was flat out say it.

Sounds like you are beginning to see how silly your stance is. Of course we should tell the person what they are doing is wrong.

Is it judging if we tell children not to play with fire?

I have no idea what that question has to do with anything. Is it judging if we tell children to stop bullying other children because it's wrong?

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Jesus did not address homosexuality which would have been apparent all around him in the Roman army (and apparently really REALLY bothered the Pharisees and their emphasis on purity ... cf. Paul's letters).

In fact, the only commentary he possibly made on it was when he healed the pais of the Centurion.

I may be wrong about this -- I haven't had a chance to consult Jesus personally (yet
) -- but I think Jesus did speak further about homosexuality, only His words/message were not understood (as He also said!).

“Not everyone can accept this teaching, but only those to whom it is given. For there are eunuchs who have been so from birth, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others, and there are eunuchs who have made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. Let anyone accept this who can.” (Matthew 19:11-12)

In keeping with the three-fold definition of "eunuch" at that time, the eunuchs "from birth" (or "from their mother's womb" as other translations phrase it) would refer to homosexuals.

Elsewhere Jesus lamented that if the Apostles could not understand earthly things, how could they understand Heavenly things?

I often wonder what else Jesus said -- not just about homosexuality -- that was not understood by the Apostles and others who "spread the good word." What I do know is that if Jesus had condemned homosexuality, we would know -- that would have been quoted extensively by His Apostles and disciples! But it's not.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Hahaha, so when some white dude is raping black women because he hates black people, you aren't allowed to tell them it's wrong?

What sick world do you live in?

My comments where to addressed christians, christians are to love others
You would do well to read who my post was addressed to

Your comments are out of context
Common sense dictates common sense, you are not playing common sense because it is beyond your reasoning, seemingly

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Please do not put words into my mouth.

If someone is hurting others you have the right to stop that.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

That's a weird word to call the homosexuals. I would think it would refer to men who are born unable to have sex or without "stuff".

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

You are wrong on so many counts.
You are obviously trolling and, I'm not taking your bait.

link   

As I stated, if you believe that Jesus is God or the son of God and you accept the bible as the word of God just have a read through it, he judges a lot, men sleeping with men is wrong (judgement) but the ultimate judgement God judges those who do not follow his rules and send them to a fire pit after they die, that's a huge judgement. Though I'm not attacking the religion just read some of the rules in the bible and you will see that it taught judgement all the time check out the rules

link   

a reply to: Logarock

Well, please show me where in the bible you get that from...

There are many case from Jesus. How about were He told His followers to do what the Pharisees said but don't do like they do because they are fake people. The preach to do right but don't really do it themselves. Jesus was saying here that even right spoken by a hypocrite was still right.

link   

www.christiancourier.com...

“They that are in health have no need of a physician; but they that are sick. I am not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance” (Luke 5:31-32).

Some of the Lord’s remarks about sin have been misapplied. For example, when a woman was taken in the act of adultery, she was brought to Jesus for judgment. He dispersed the multitude by stating, “He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her” (John 8:7). The verse is loved by many who hope that its recitation, at just the right moment, will inoculate them against “judging.”

Note the following: First, Christians should judge one another (1 Corinthians 5:12-13; John 7:24).

Second, the Lord did not condone this woman’s sin. He commanded her to “go thy way; from henceforth sin no more”(John 8:11).

Third, Jesus revealed the hypocrisy of the accusers who were more interested in ensnaring the Lord than preserving holiness in their community (cf. Mark 7:1-13).

Fourth, Jesus respected the Mosaic law that prohibited adultery and the punishment that the law prescribed. He also regarded the laws of accusation and testimony, which may not have been satisfied in this case.

Fifth, the Son of God had the right to forgive sins (cf. Mark 2:10). The response to this situation by Jesus, the Son of God, was not designed to insulate wicked and impenitent individuals from rebuke or discipline in the Christian Age.

edit on 9-4-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join