It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus view on homosexuality and civil law

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Jesus only taught Christians one message
Love
Not judgement
Not civil unrest, not anti homosexuality
Jesus and the apostles never fought against civil law, never fought slavery, never fought against Rome.
Christians are not moralisers, not the oppressors, not judges.
Christ taught Christians to love, even those we disagree with us.

If someone chooses to live a life contrary to christianity then that's their choice, free will, a gift from God

On marriage, it's not a christians buisness to decide for another individual what is right or wrong
Jesus taught us to love others, irrespective

For God so loved the world

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

i think it is true god loved the world. it is very normal you like something you make. like your kids for instance.

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

This isnt true. I cant understand where these ideas come from. Even an objective neutral observer can see that Jesus taught a lot of judgment and made comments that did not support a moral relativism.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
It really is a shame that more "christians" aren't all that christ-like.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

I'm not all that sure about your claim that Jesus taught nothing but love and to be honest and this is coming from a child of proper religious people who live their lives by the very word of the bible, there is a lot said in the bible about gay people including things like "Man shall not lie with Man as he would a woman" etc. So for those who believe Jesus is God and the bible is apparently the word of God it sort of isn't correct although I may be wrong.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

not a religious scholar but im thinking youre wrong

link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Jesus only taught Christians one message
Love
Not judgement
Not civil unrest, not anti homosexuality
Jesus and the apostles never fought against civil law, never fought slavery, never fought against Rome.
Christians are not moralisers, not the oppressors, not judges.
Christ taught Christians to love, even those we disagree with us.

If someone chooses to live a life contrary to christianity then that's their choice, free will, a gift from God

On marriage, it's not a christians buisness to decide for another individual what is right or wrong

Some questions,

Do you believe that the bible is the divinely inspired words of god?

Do you believe that jesus is god? Or that he speaks for god in a divinely inspired way?

link   
a reply to: Dwoodward85

you are right too. because he should have thought something else too for them to feel the diference.

can you see the profile pictures of others? I was trying to post mine and now i cant post others'.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Strange you would say that because He did say about divorce, the idea and the legal judgment had no place at the beginning and was clear that man and woman were involved in the edict of marriage. If you are suggesting that christians cannot comment on ideas out side of these definitions you are simply not looking at what He said.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

This isnt true. I cant understand where these ideas come from. Even an objective neutral observer can see that Jesus taught a lot of judgment and made comments that did not support a moral relativism.

IIRC I read many passages that seem to have these words in them. "If you do this, thou shall "surely" die" "This" meaning a number of things. Not just homosexuality.
edit on 9-4-2017 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Please give examples. Even Jesus himself said not to judge others or you will be judged.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody
It really is a shame that more "christians" aren't all that christ-like.

Yep. Ghandi said the same thing.

I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
― Mahatma Gandhi

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Oh that was Jesus' answer to a trick question. Please try to read the context.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

I never heard that from ghandi before, very cool.

That sentiment in general is what pulled me away from all things "religious" and/or "spiritual".

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

I think the problem between christians and skeptics of christianity is that christians try to disconnect jesus from the old testament books. Either jesus is god or he is just some guy who got some credit for being nice and spreading budhist ideologies to barbaric jews.

If he is god, then he is the same guy who tells people to kill gays and unruly children. If he was just some guy, then he still supported the killing of people because he clearly states that he is not here to change the old laws. Which were mostly to kill people.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Next time you try to explain Jesus' views it might be nice to use His actual words.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Next time you try to explain Jesus' views it might be nice to use His actual words.
Or hell, why not bring him here and have him tell us.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

Correct for he also said I did not come to abolish the law but to fulfill it.

When Mary Magdelene was about to be stoned for adultrey Jesus did not stop them but simply said he who is without sin cast the first stone.....

Watch the love our King does when he returns....to his Father's enemies.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Oh that was Jesus' answer to a trick question. Please try to read the context.

Not really. He was demonstrating the superiority of the original over the law of Moses that His questioners were into. He did that many time on many issues. The law being such a big deal to these guys Jesus often went to original intent and the thought was the deed, that a legal line was not superior. Pissed them off.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

"Some Pharisees came to him to test him. They asked, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any and every reason?” - Matthew 19:3
Pretty clear.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join