It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How North Korea could kill 90 percent of Americans

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
NK scares me just as much a box full of puppies. (if they had rabies it would be a different story) They crave for the attention and the MSM gives them exactly that. Now ignoring them might make them freak out and cause a scene. NK reminds of that kid in school that antagonizes everyone until another kid gets tired of his # and whoops is #. You know what happens to that kid after a beating. He shuts the hell up. Maybe NK needs a spanking.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Especially with all this mumbling about a possible preemptive strike. I can see the rationale of using it as long as you can maintain plausible denialability and keep the MSM in the dark. My fear is that the tech will be too shiny to ignore in the scenario of a US preemptive strike. And once that cat is out of the bag...

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

I don't quite understand how 90% of Americans would have to die from losing power.

Sensationalism Anyone?.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner
a reply to: mobiusmale

I don't quite understand how 90% of Americans would have to die from losing power.

Sensationalism Anyone?.

You'd understand if you went back and read the posts in this op...no power?? No gasoline , food delivered ,water, flushing toilets, heat, etc.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
a reply to: proteus33

Not really, a cascading failure that left a good portion of the US dark from Ohio to NY was accomplished by a single squirrel that liked chewing on power lines until he was fried. Automation of the plants failed to divert the load fast enough and crashed, placing more load on neighboring stations. Rinse and repeat...

I am a rather competent individual that could almost take the challenge of being stripped naked and dropped anywhere east of the Mississippi and told to avoid contact or rescue for 30 days and make it. But even I know my limitations. Mother Nature is a very harsh chic and prolonged survival situation of one or more years...I put my odds at 40% if I choose to be optimistic. 20-25% if pessimistic. And that is with other human contact sharing resources of food and material.

90% death toll is on the high end, 75-85% is my guess depending on variables of successful shelter in place versus open ranged hunt and gather/scavenging. Not to be political, but look at the county by county map of the 2016 election. Those blue ones are the big cities and hold about 55% of the total population. About 65% of the land mass is inhospitable or of limited resources to sizable populations. Yes, you can walk for coast to coast with just the clothes on your back and thing you pick up along the way but odds are you will die trying. Most people will not cross the Great Plains to die in the desert as you might think.

Total system failure for one or more years would be it. Recovery would be complicated by lack of labor to build new infrastructure as most people would go into survival mode and not future planning mode. Making the task harder.

75-85% death toll is my guess, with a 25-35% recovery to modernized standards in five years. Some places with have more tech than others. I would set the country as a whole to the 1930's after five years with pockets of telephone and indoor plumbing returned or still absent depending on the area.

Id offer you shelter... as long as youre naked with JUST that hat with the hangy balls.. and dance, boy, dance! Id add you to my harem of secksy men to entertain me during the apocalypse.

This is a no brainer.. no survival situation in the US needed. Just tactical bomb his palace, the mil installations on teh border or aimed at it, have some mercy on his starving scrawny so-called "mil" and let china and SK dice it up. China can deal with it, but just doesnt want the refugees.. dont blame them. They also dont want a radioactive wasteland.. dont blame em. Doesnt take a nuke or ground troops to take out the fat kid. Get rid of nutty Kim and his people might get more food in their bellies.. theyll roll on that psycho in a heartbeat.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner
Have we learned nothing from the Hollywood primers?

First step. Have Daryl on speed dial.

Second step. Learn to Morse Code - Need a Redneck.

Third step. Learn that "Watch this!" means duck and seek cover.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
iSN'T North Korea just like China's scary minder ? What are China / NK relations , get on ok do they ?

Like in Crocodile Dundee , when the skinny bushman is asked by a bad gangster , "Don't you have a gun ?"
And the bushman turns round and says , " Nahh...I don't need a gun mate, I've got a Donk" .
A seven foot Donk appears , and wacks the surprised baddie on the head .

When you've got a dog , you don't do the barking .. etc . Trump has got the Chinese president coming to visit , and he's talking about North Korea ? It's a sensible idea , to have a friendly face at home , and an unfriendly unpredictable minder who lives just next door . When China turns up , so does NK , is how it could be in reality . Someone tell me I'm wrong and why.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracytheoristIAM

dealt with that several times...

You people depend on the system too much, that's why it's breakdown terrifies you so much.

The terrorists are between your ears.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I don't watch TV since around 1999.

The news and movies I choose to watch, I take with a grain of salt.

I can see from my personal perspective how people's reactions and thoughts are molded by the BS they watch on their dumb phones and computers and the boob tube by the references to TV and other horse# they say when they try to explain a meaning of some other nonsense they are trying to say.

Google "Eskimos", they have lived in the cold for thousands of yours.

edit on ? by MyHappyDogShiner because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ZIPMATT

China is NK's scary minder.

When China got into the fray back in the 50's is when we called an armistice or a truce and stepped back.

Our dumb president needs to leave China alone By The Way.

China is the danger.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

EMP nuke?? Nah, Can't happen from DRPK. But they have other stuff. Remember how KJU's half-brother was killed? VX nerve gas.

I posted this the other day on ATS: Noth Korea Watch 2017.

NK has biological, chemical, and "dirty bomb" material ready to be delivered as payload on a fleet of 1,000 drones. That is more of a threat than an EMP. Add on top of that a "little help from his friends" to take out 'Merica... who knows?

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
there is no way with the nukes the norks have that one weapon would produce a EMP pulse large enough to take out the entire US.
for the size of weapons the norks could lunch it would take at least 5 warheads fired in just the right places over the US to take down all of the US but Alaska and Hawaii.

regular nukes will not create the energy for taking out the US.
look at the Starfish Prime test where the US did there first high-altitude test.
en.wikipedia.org...

This test electrical damage in Hawaii, about 1,445 kilometres (898 mi) away from the detonation point, knocking out about 300 streetlights, setting off numerous burglar alarms and damaging a telephone company microwave link. The EMP damage to the microwave link shut down telephone calls from Kauai to the other Hawaiian islands.

But did no major damage on Johnston Island under the detonation.

And if a EMP nuke was detonated over say Denver most of the EMP pulse would hit in a north south band about 250 miles on each side and 1000s on miles long.
This would take out the US power grid but cars on the east and west coast would be unaffected along with non grid electronics.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
NK weapons are outdated he doesnt have the power or popularity or the respect from other countries to get new weapons. Nor the missile power how many times did it fail to fire in our direction? Too many failures hes all talk.
edit on 5-4-2017 by Dawn81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dawn81
NK weapons are outdated he doesnt have the power or popularity or the respect from other countries to get new weapons. Nor the missile power how many times did it fail to fire in our direction? Too many failures hes all talk.
He is not alone in this fight and there is more countries who not hate them than you realize. Then there is also that little thing about the enemy of my enemy is my friend. you yanks made a poopload of enimies far and wide. They wait for their chance. There is a fine line between brave and stupid

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

I'm not feeding the "mental masturbation war with NK" conversation here so much...But a small EMP could very well black out a great portion of the country if one were to hit certain parts of the grid.

And if enough of those sections of the grid were hit with small EMP's there may be substantial damage to the power generation plants, which operate on demand and would be quickly overwhelmed if usage were abruptly cut off.

It would be a much more cost effective plan to run stolen semis into power-line gantries in critical points in the U.S. if that was what one were after.

Nobody's gonna use frickin nukes.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
An EMP from NK would not have to destroy the entire country. It would only need to strike a large part. A fourth lets say. Have you seen people without power for two days after a Hurricane? Well, imagine six months. Trucking. Air Travel. Computers. Cell. Medical supplies....it would be catastrophic and there would be millions dead. Then there is disease. It would take the US a few years to recover and that is if we were not invaded.

It would pave the way for a larger nation to then move in area not in the US. If the USis in crisis then the world police are gone. Russia, China and ME countries are suddenly able to do what they want where they want and when they want. If the NE is hit you think Russia would not park subs off the coast and China would not do the same out west?

If we strike back we would push for a larger war. To me, an attack from a rogue state like NK is the worst case scenario for us as a country.

A war needs a catalyst to start and it can be anything.

Kwangmyongsong-4 was launched in 2016 and was twice the size of its last one sent up.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I would guess the 90% would be in the winter. If an EMP event solar or otherwise happened you would be stranded wherever you happened to be at the time. If it was big enough or mulitple events you would have no car, phones (cell or landlines) no electricity, no banking - most would have to money, many would not have heat. And it could take years to fix an area of the country. I think you would run out of food and water pretty fast even if you were one of the lucky ones to be stranded at home and not hiking your way back home.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tajlakz
And once that cat is out of the bag...

Like one of the guys said later that night when everyone was sitting around staring at each other - "Do you think our kids will grow up?"

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
This is like a video game. Ooohh boy!

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
90%...does that mean they can launch a few 100 20 mega warheads

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join