It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How North Korea could kill 90 percent of Americans

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I"m with you on that.

Carpet bomb the DMZ on their side, take out all that artillery they have pointed at Seoul, destroy all their military bases as well.

Could get the whole thing done in 3 days I bet.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

It is one of the few war theaters in which I don't believe civilian casualties benefit the western effort. The people of NK are beaten down to the point that they really do need a liberating force to step in. If the short list of possible leaders can be eradicated, I believe an international peace keeping force would see success in righting that nation, especially if South Korea takes the lead in the process after the military action is completed.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I don't even think you'd need to have much civilian causalities. NK is a powder keg and I bet you they would actually greet coalition forces as 'liberators'.

I image trying to find targets would be easy, since regimes like that would clump together in a Presidential Palace or something and well, that's an easy target.

You could make quick work of that regime and it would be one of the only places that exporting democracy would be welcomed and beneficial to the region. Another democracy south of China, bordering China would no doubt be good.

Although It would not surprise me if China tried to annex the land lol

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: SprocketUK

They use radar and optical tracking of satellites as they go overhead to determine their possible mission.

I have no doubt North Korea is more of a threat than most people think they are, but I trust the intelligence community about as far as I can throw my truck when it's fully loaded.

Yep but as the egg heads are looking up.... N. Korea retrofits a couple of old freighters or some other type boat/ship and sails within a comfortable range of Guam, Japan, and the USA ... Does a coordinated launch with their supposedly inferior missiles and boom.. Fade to Black ..

That would be suicide for North Korea (our BOOMERS would be unaffected) but it would also be death to millions in the USA and Japan.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

They're looking at a lot more than just up. To take out the entire US with an EMP would require pretty precise high altitude targeting. Far more precise than we've seen evidence they're capable of.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

It won't be govt, at least not totally.

Others will step up, just like they always do. Neighbors helping neighbors. Depending upon the time of year, gardens would be planted, and cared for.

Pigeon, chicken, duck coops would spring up. ...and those who would take, rather than help, would be given short shrift.

Ninety percent is way overblown. Lots? Yes. Over 200 million? No.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

Extremely unlikely. There are others who watch.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
Military vehicles are survivable as well as alot of civilian vehicles according to testing.

Weirdly enough, class B FCC certification gets you a lot of the way there.

We have done a lot of RF susceptibility tests on equipment both commercial and military, and a lot of commercial gear did just fine.

EMP effects are spotty and tough to predict. Most military gear will not fail. The critical stuff is all hardened against RF, except, of course, things with big antennas.

It helps a lot that EMP from a high altitude nuclear detonation has most of its energy below 30MHz, and techniques for defending against it are old school. Hell, as someone mentioned upthread, the power distribution could be safed against most of it, if they'd pony up the money, and it would save them from CMEs, too.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
A third or more of the population running around in circles in mindless despair.

I know this will sound like a CSB, but as they say in the Army "This ain't no #..." -

Was in Bakersfield last year, the cell tower dropped and left a blank zone where I was at in a store. They didn't have wifi.

There was this late 20-ish guy who had a full-on panic attack when his phone went to 'no signal'. Went from pacing to hyperventilating and screaming about what if there's an emergency and then he escalated to what looked like claustrophobia and ran out of the store.

I know most wouldn't, but the concept of freaking out to the point of a case of the hoorahs because you were surprised by your phone dropping mid-text just baffles me.

Can't imagine the reaction when it sets in that there won't be any more reality TV, microwave popcorn, smutty pop stars, talentless rappers, Tinder, Bumble or facebook for ten years.

Whilst they're weeping and wailing, I'll pull out a deck of cards, grin and say "Spades. Let me teach it to you"

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I HATE seeing threads like this. The Intelligence community is taking billions of our taxpayer dollars just to find out how dangerous North Korea is?

My God...take some of those fancy CIA-NSA-FBI technologies and have Kim Jung's life terminated!

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

From what little I know of it I'm not sure 20 miles one way or other makes much difference in accuracy altough altitude does.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Others will step up, just like they always do. Neighbors helping neighbors. Depending upon the time of year, gardens would be planted, and cared for.

Pigeon, chicken, duck coops would spring up. ...and those who would take, rather than help, would be given short shrift.

Actually incorrect. 50% of the US would be dead within 90 days. Estimated 90% within 12 months due to disease, starvation, and violence.

The EMP report to congress covers it in detail. Dysentery would run rampant, no food, no distribution, and 95 % of the population doesn't even have 2 weeks of food for themselves.

www.investors.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

The EMP report to congress covers it in detail.

Pry is often quite incorrect in basic details. He also gets income on the side for pushing the idea as a sort of horror story.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I played many a game of spades or rummy on the landing pads when I was 19

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
I played many a game of spades or rummy on the landing pads when I was 19

It's a basic survival skill in the field. That and Hearts. Or Rook. Or Bourre.

eta: Then, one day, Dad sent me "Juggling for the Complete Klutz", within a week we were fighting over it, then everyone in my little group had one, you couldn't walk around the briefing room without getting pelted with little bean bags. We looked like the Flying Karamazovs for a while.
edit on 30-3-2017 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Out in the country in rural America sure.

In the cities nah, they would tare each other apart.

You think a 400lb welfare queen and her 10 sprogs will become self sufficient? Nah she will starve after her EBT cards refused or she cant get her diabetic medication.

You tgink the ganbangers will help there fellowman? Hell no.

Every US city will look like detriot but with the welfare removed .

They riot, they will loot, they will kill each other and when all the foods been eaten and stolen they will starve to death. Thats the best case scenario. Worst case is they realize the foods outside the city and you get hords of these barbarians coming down on rural communities like packs of wolfs.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

Hopefully when Trump becomes president (and he WILL become president no way is King Obama going to win another term unless their's a congressional coupe) he will make no bones about going in with a team of navy SEAL's to eliminate there dear Little Kim. The man is a threat to the world and I'm tired of all these rouge nations that the Libs are sereneledipitiously supporting. Enough already!

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Nah she will starve after her EBT cards refused or she cant get her diabetic medication.

Lack of potable water will put an end to most of them a lot more quickly. The ones that drink polluted river water will die a little bit more slowly, but poison and disease will still do the job faster than starvation. You can go a long time on stored fat.

Worst case is they realize the foods outside the city and you get hords of these barbarians coming down on rural communities like packs of wolfs.

I think they might pose a hazard to the 'burbs, but you get into the country, these guys aren't really up to finding food, water and shelter in the woods. Not to mention that holding a sidearm sideways and punching it at the person you'd like to shoot is going to go through your three or four rounds pretty quickly. You probably won't get many rounds off before the good ol' boys just mow you down, and your little dog too.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

...and so many govt. reports are totally accurate. I've my doubts.

Yes, a lot will die, of that there seems little doubt, as all too many haven't even the vaguest notion of how to survive.

Turning contaminated water into potable isn't rocket science, but many don't know how. So, diseases. But it only takes one person, myself as an example, to show many how to do just that. Then they show others, and viola, many of those who might die, might not.

Planting a garden, and protecting it from bugs, and birds and other pests... It's hard work, but again, extraordinarily learnable, not to mention teachable. Preservation, either through drying, canning, salting...hard work, but not hard to learn. I know all these things, and I'll bet I could teach a bunch of you how to do it.

Hunting. Trapping. Fishing. Teachable, though it requires time and practice...but hunger is a marvelous teacher, that and having hungry kids. Your average city park has all sorts of huntable, and trappable critters. Ponds full of carp, and ducks. With a little care, there are all sorts of exploitable resources.

If you survive the short term, long term is very doable.

Of course, I have a bit more faith in my fellow humans, not in mobs, mind you, but individuals/family units...

But, humanity has a habit of disappointing me...so y'all may be right.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Turning contaminated water into potable isn't rocket science, but many don't know how. So, diseases. But it only takes one person, myself as an example, to show many how to do just that. Then they show others, and viola, many of those who might die, might not.

Planting a garden, and protecting it from bugs, and birds and other pests... It's hard work, but again, extraordinarily learnable, not to mention teachable. Preservation, either through drying, canning, salting...hard work, but not hard to learn. I know all these things, and I'll bet I could teach a bunch of you how to do it.

And I would like to do the same and would if people are willing to learn.

Call me sceptical of humanity but......... Many people are these people, especially the welfare class and my own snowflake generation don’t want to learn, they want easy quick fixes there and then. Instead of learning they will likely just kill me and you and steal the food and fresh water we do have without thinking of long term and the fact they will still run out of water and food.
edit on 30-3-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join