It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When did inequality start?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

People who commit war are responsible for war.

It doesn't matter which comic book they read beforehand.
But this topic is about the idea of equality.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Inequality has always existed, and that's not a problem, it provides something to work towards. The problem is that when inequality gets too large the ordinary person ceases to have any economic and by extension political power. The bottom 50% of the US owns 0.2% of the wealth. That also means they have 0.2% of the representation. That's why it's important to keep inequality down. If we're going to live in a republic, those who aren't wealthy also need a say in national policy.

Did you know that in the middle ages the gap between a king and a peasant was smaller than the gap between someone in the middle class and a billionaire today?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

originally posted by: veracity
Instead of hate/disgust and impatience towards those who are less fortunate...practice compassion and know that ~~~NO ONE IS BETTER THAN ANYONE~~~

You're absolutely right, you are so much better than the racists because you understand that.

Not sure what you are saying, i said NO ONE IS BETTER THAN ANYONE, but the racist do separate themselves out in a different category of scum.

Their lives are still just as important bc everyone has free will to change...just going thru a rough patch i guess.

I was just saying that you see yourself as better than that category of scum.
I do as well.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

well, even the scum are important (bc of free will)

I used to be scum, i like myself much better now.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

People who commit war are responsible for war.

It doesn't matter which comic book they read beforehand.
But this topic is about the idea of equality.

lofl

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
inequality does not exist in real life bc everyone is equal.

To fit your head around that statement is hard.

However, the inequality that exists today and always has and always will is bc of people who have to feel better than others in order to feel important. It will change...who is the minority...from age to age...but it will always be there as long as people are idiots.

just my opinion

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

When the first single-celled organism split from its parent and wasn't exactly like the original.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Are you suggesting that we should reset occasionally and dismiss the previous work done?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

No. I'm suggesting that all things in moderation is a pretty good principal. Some inequality is good, if you have too little things stagnate and collapse but if you have too much things also stagnate and collapse.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Inequality has always existed, and that's not a problem, it provides something to work towards. The problem is that when inequality gets too large the ordinary person ceases to have any economic and by extension political power. The bottom 50% of the US owns 0.2% of the wealth. That also means they have 0.2% of the representation. That's why it's important to keep inequality down. If we're going to live in a republic, those who aren't wealthy also need a say in national policy.

Did you know that in the middle ages the gap between a king and a peasant was smaller than the gap between someone in the middle class and a billionaire today?

"Did you know that in the middle ages the gap between a king and a peasant was smaller than the gap between someone in the middle class and a billionaire today?" - Aazadan

I totally believe this

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Doesn''t Ghengis Kahn have a recognisable DNA history now?

Where is the DNA history of the guy who made his breakfast?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Are you familiar with Barnum statements?

That's what the answer feels like to me.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
It starts with greed, so since we evolved to homo sapiens. We all know that, and pretend its not that simple. To justify our actions. Tricking our brains, so to speak. My observation for 60 decades.

ETA oops that should be 6 decades, but feels like 60.
edit on 28-3-2017 by MOMof3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
It starts with greed, so since we evolved to homo sapiens. We all know that, and pretend its not that simple. To justify our actions. Tricking our brains, so to speak. My observation for 60 decades.

Wow, you are sixty decades old? And I thought I was old being over six decades old.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Doesn''t Ghengis Kahn have a recognisable DNA history now?

Where is the DNA history of the guy who made his breakfast?

interesting topics but WTF

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

My 35 years disagrees.

Greed started somewhere.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I'm trying to dispute that the difference between king and peasant was worse then. Not better now.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I think it's part of evolution?

Find what gives you a unique advantage in survival - seen by others as inequality.
Obviously very different in human terms though - money, race, previously disadvantaged etc.

But seems to be abundant everywhere survival is tough, when surviving is easy no one needs a boost.
I know I'm simplifying things a lot, don't feel like typing a paragraph regarding the origins of inequality.

I don't care, find what makes you special and use it.
edit on 28-3-2017 by GreenGunther because: Doesn't matter how many times I proof read...

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

The king would have to visit his people (peasants) to figure out how to solve problems, sicknesses, grievenances. He would hold weekly/monthly meetings in the castle with people who had issues. (much like town hall meetings today with congressmen)

It is comparable to congressmen and other political offices but...

When was the last time Bill Gates, Michael Bloomberg, Charles and David Kock visited you or invited you into their homes?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

So did religion, with us. And what took over religion, greed, us again.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join