It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When did inequality start?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

can there be inequality if there is no understanding what inequality is? most in the animal kingdom don't live their life worrying about their predators being faster, or stronger or having sharp teeth, they just have their instincts ruling them and run like heck when it tells them to. they don't decide the pain they feel in childbirth is so bad that they fight it, and they seem to have much easier, less painfull childbirth because of it. and they don't make stupid judgements as to what is good/what is bad, what is strong/what is weak, ect and proceed to make stupid rules based on faulty judgements that do more harm than good.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
“Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.”

---Vince Lombardi

I liken the quest for equality to that quote. However, we must make sure we never overstep ourselves and assign more than equal status.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

I can't argue with that.

I really wanna pretend to be smart and wrap it all up with something clever.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

can there be inequality if there is no understanding what inequality is?

Yes, in fact most of inequal thoughts are due to lack of understanding.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Do you think you are better than a nazi?

I do.

And with that statement I project my self importance like everyone else does.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Inequality IS hard to define...

to me...inequality is not predator vs prey for they are both important and equal...they both serve a purpose.

Inequality, to me and talking about humans now, is 1 person believing they are better and deserve more legal rights than minorities.

Or perhaps simply a person that believes they are better than another person and deserved better treatment, more $, more friends, more girls swooning over them...and so on

Its easier to talk about the legality of inequality bc there are so many examples.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

You are the smartest creature on the planet. Maybe the universe. Wisdom is earned and the ONLY gift of old age.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

But what is really amazing is not when it started. But how people's perception of it is so off from the reality:

www.youtube.com...

A six minute video will blow you mind. Assuming of course you actually give a Shiite and are not some partisan fanatic.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Emily Pankhurst who died under a horse in protest at race track in UK

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

For people to start this in 1913 they would need to have established inequality earlier.

I don't deny the problem, I'm asking for the starting point and I think you're a few millennia off.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

but we humans, thought it was bad to be the prey, so we built weapons to kill the predators, we discovered fire to scare them away, and we found light is better than darkness, and in the process we probably burnt a few forests down, wiped a few species out of existence and quite frankly ravaged the earth, because we were so much above our animal friends!!

stupider is probably a better word... if we were still allowing the darkness to control it's share of the day, we'd be getting more than the four hours of sleep many of us are trying to live on.

it's like you said, everything has a purpose, everyone has a purpose... with all of our intelligence, our superiority over the other critters of the earth... we still can't come to the realization of just how our world would fit together so perfectly if we would only stop with all the judgement calls.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

You are the smartest creature on the planet. Maybe the universe. Wisdom is earned and the ONLY gift of old age.

I don't buy that.

How many people of your age are dumb as f...?

You'e got 20yrs on me and will destroy me in an argument, but that's not due to age.
It's about education.

Editing to ruin my position....
It's experience not education.
edit on 28-3-2017 by Krahzeef_Ukhar because: editing is fun

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

but we humans, thought it was bad to be the prey, so we built weapons to kill the predators, we discovered fire to scare them away, and we found light is better than darkness, and in the process we probably burnt a few forests down, wiped a few species out of existence and quite frankly ravaged the earth, because we were so much above our animal friends!!

stupider is probably a better word... if we were still allowing the darkness to control it's share of the day, we'd be getting more than the four hours of sleep many of us are trying to live on.

it's like you said, everything has a purpose, everyone has a purpose... with all of our intelligence, our superiority over the other critters of the earth... we still can't come to the realization of just how our world would fit together so perfectly if we would only stop with all the judgement calls.

I wholeheartedly believe that humans are dumber (as a whole) than animals bc of that reason...they dont judge.

They just do what is practical to survive with no judgement.

If building a fire helps you to survive...then its practical.

Judging someone to feel more confident is NOT practical
edit on 28-3-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

That is only true if intelligence is a measure of practicality. Humans are by far smarter than animals even if we do many irrational things. In FACT, a defining point of our intelligence is our ability to buck instinct in favor of whatever argument we have in our heads.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Humans have the ability of taking credit for the factors we don't understand.

Apes kick our asses at certain tests.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
yeah, i guess i was measuring by practicallity. I sure can cook better than my dog and hopscotch better than my cat.

Being practical is an important skill tho that animals blow humans out of the water with.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

So an ape can out think us for certain tests. Guess what? We have to either capture or breed said ape to even test it to begin with. Something an ape has no chance of ever doing. Ever see an ape do algebra? What about play a musical instrument? In summary, just because an ape can outclass in some aspects doesn't mean our intelligence is in doubt. We out class literally EVERY living thing on the planet with our intelligence and pretending otherwise is just naive.

I don't see any apes or dolphins or rats standing up to our invasion of the forests and oceans. I don't see them stopping our climate change. Sure it's easy to ignore ALL the other brilliant things humans do (because you consider them mundane) when making these comparisons, but it isn't honest.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I'm talking about spacial awareness. Proper IQ level tests that we can't compete at compared to the "lesser" apes.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

So an ape can out think us for certain tests. Guess what? We have to either capture or breed said ape to even test it to begin with.

We don't have to breed with them to test them.

No judgments here.

But ants are better at teamwork, bees don't beat their wives and X likes X...

Humans aren't winning the world. We've just established reasons to think we are.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I can agree with that. Animals follow instincts to get by. They don't question them. Instinct says to jump here, JUMP! Instincts have been built up and hones over millions of years so there is a reason that they have them and why they use them all the time.

Humans on the other hand are more liable to look at instinct as an appeal to tradition. Just because our instincts tell us to run and hide from that giant thing in front of us doesn't mean we have to listen. On the other hand, humans discover more practical answers to many problems that animals will solve with instincts by bucking those very instincts and thinking for themselves.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join