It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When did inequality start?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You are right tho.

If you capture a being to test it, regardless of the result you win.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Apes kick our asses at certain tests.

So an ape can out think us for certain tests. Guess what? We have to either capture or breed said ape to even test it to begin with.

We don't have to breed with them to test them.

No judgments here.

But ants are better at teamwork, bees don't beat their wives and X likes X...

Just because animals can do certain things better than us doesn't mean anything. As it stands, rational thinking is by FAR the most superior evolution any living organism has gained in the billions of years of life on the planet.

Humans aren't winning the world. We've just established reasons to think we are.

Humans are causing the 6th great extinction and no animal has been able to fully conquer our technology yet (because we always invent better versions of it). I'd say that if we aren't winning the world, we are clearly in 1st place for the contest.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

There will never be literal equality. People are of different intelligence levels, different socio-economic status, different levels of physical or mental health, different genders (which each have their own strengths and weaknesses), different cultures and belief systems, different levels of education, different amounts of common sense, different levels of drive and determination, different amounts of physical strength, different skillsets, etc. All of these factors and more make each person as individual and unique as a snowflake or a grain of sand. The only way for there to be true equality is if each and every human being on the planet were exact carbon copies of each other- and that would make for an extremely boring existence!

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Well, you are smart enough to question my premise and argument. Sort of.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Yep.
I wanna fight the rambo turkey, but I can't.

So you don't believe there was ever a "big bang" point of equality?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

Well, you are smart enough to question my premise and argument. Sort of.

Thank you.

Sort of.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

There is no such thing as "equality" in this state we call Nature between people, animals, plants and even little specks swimming in pond water. The substances of life are purely physical, due to the simple physics of that which consists of that matter. We may want to base "equality" in the physical realm, but it cannot be unbiasedly done. To attempt to extrapolate to a thoughtful argument is always going to be subjective and fall short of a valid, objective interpretation.

The Source of life from which all of these things exist is pure consciousness. Even viruses draw from the Source. Everything taps into the Source via its own abilities for its thread of life, be it tenuous or robust, complex or simple.

Across any one field of life there are vast variations, divisions of unshakable "inequalities" that must remain to some extent in the life host no matter how vigorous the attempted banishment. That gave us evolution, pure and simple. In advanced life forms, where complex instincts vie with studied though, even those of compassion, awareness and some understanding, there is competition and struggle for the purer connection to Source. Some it comes out twisted. Few are the times it cuts to the core.

"Mirror, mirror on the wall whom is purest of them all."
Without reflection, the answer almost always is "ME," a lie.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Yep.
I wanna fight the rambo turkey, but I can't.

So you don't believe there was ever a "big bang" point of equality?

Nope! Never has been, never will be.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

ya, I'll admit there is no other animal that could build tall skyscrapers and such, but I also don't think that there are any animals that would be stupid enough to come up with the idea of attaching those tall skyscrapers to asteroids revolving around the earth either....

www.dailymail.co.uk...

my idea of creating a semi-alternate universe through vibrations to create more room on the earth sounds safer!

oh, ya, we wouldn't need more room is we were to just accept that we're only given a limited amount of time on our planet and then die... but no, we have to fight death too... it's bad!!!

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

"So you don't believe there was ever a "big bang" point of equality?"

What life experience made you come to this conclusion, that inequality is inevitable?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
"Mirror, mirror on the wall whom is purest of them all."
Without reflection, the answer almost always is "ME," a lie.

Of course it's a lie, the answer should be "ME".

But it had to start somewhere.

Do we give credit to the first person to flick that domino, or do we cry that we weren't the one to flick it?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

So inequality just appeared out of nowhere?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

"So you don't believe there was ever a "big bang" point of equality?"

What life experience made you come to this conclusion, that inequality is inevitable?

The answer to that question is probably that I'm white trash who should have achieved my dreams by now.
In one word... insecurity.

In another word... reality.

edit to add...
My social standing has nothing to do with it.
My preferring to enjoy a cone than dig a hole is the problem.
edit on 28-3-2017 by Krahzeef_Ukhar because: editing is fun

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Was there ever a point when people were equal?

When they are born and at deaths door.

As far as better thans and holier than thous, yes the world is always had those too.

Ever since the first time someone became jealous, full of envy.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

but, you wouldn't be feeling so insecure if it wasn't for the realization that your cupboard is empty and being hungry makes you feel bad, would you? maybe we watched the squirrels as they gathered their nuts in the wintertime and thought, hey that is a good idea!!! bring in as much food as I can before the cold sets in and the vegetation dies off.. don't know.. but now we have funny little pieces of metal that we can take to funny places called stores and buy food with... and some just haven't learned when enough is enough, they've gathered enough coins to feed a nation and have them stashed in their nests while you, although you can see the food, I mean it's right there, ready to be taken, have bought the idea that you shouldn't be allowed to have it without one of those pretty coins... nope no coins, well you can resort to go dumpster diving for it after the store throws it away because the people with the large stash or pretty coins, who could buy the food didn't because, well, there's just so much that they can eat.

edit on 28-3-2017 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

So is jealousy the problem?

Or are people the problem?

If it's people then inequality is earned and justified.
If jealousy is the problem then humans are magically encouraged.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

a reply to: intrptr

So is jealousy the problem?

Or are people the problem?

If it's people then inequality is earned and justified.
If jealousy is the problem then humans are magically encouraged.

Parents that don't teach their kids sharing and fair play are part the problem. Second to that is the state, they teach us all early on the notion of class, dividing us and making us compete against one another in school, sports, politics, religion...

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

No, we are not born equal from the beginning. Even "identical" twins are not completely equal, one is just a bit smarter, one is just a bit stronger, etc. It is in our building blocks (DNA). Take two children and raise them in an identical fashion under identical circumstances and one may become a neuroscientist while the other becomes a trash collector. One becomes a priest while the other becomes a seriel killer. Or maybe they do grow up to become the same thing but one is more successful due to having more drive and determination than the other. We are all different, and that is all.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I'm secure in my insecurity.

As the great sage P. opeye said....

"I am's who I am's"

Empty cupboards don't make a man any less than full cupboards makes a man full.
edit on 28-3-2017 by Krahzeef_Ukhar because: editing is fun

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

No, we are not born equal from the beginning.

Of course we aren't.
Some are born into privilege their ancestors raped and pillaged for.

Some are born into lack of privilege of which their ancestors were raped and pillaged for.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join