It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO reported by workers on Off Shore Oil Rig Supply Vessel in the Gulf of Mexico 21 March, 2017

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries
a reply to: Phage
I remember that in my early years (80's)a official of the BND . . .

Germany's equivalent of the CIA?

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
If there where 40 something witnesses then surely someone must have pulled out their phone and filmed it. If it was a car crash and someone was splattered all over the road at least 30 would have had it on video and it would be on liveleak by now.

Oil rig workers and sailors are not known for spending large amounts of their working time taking selfies and generally following a photography hobby at work mate...besides, the environment they find themselves in, isn't great combined with sensitive and flimsy consumer electronics.

Walking along a sidewalk in a city as you say, isn't as challenging or damaging to the equipment.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Well that's better but still not good enough because it's More or less the same flying implies aerial.

And an phenomenon is :
a fact, occurrence, or circumstance observed or observable:

Also if I can't identify a plane it's a UAP.....??? Do UAP's exists yes ! but what does that mean ?

I would say a 'Event created by non-human intelligent beings.' ... ECBNHIB that includes uso's and is more specific don't you think ?

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

Within a split second the craft disappeared at a 30 degree angle into the sky. Speed appeared to faster than speed of a light turning on in a room. Within seconds it had disappeared completely.

That bit seemed contradictory. split second.. disappeared. Within seconds.. disappeared. But.. speed of light. What?

I noticed that too. I think he was trying to say it happened faster than we perceive a light turning on after flipping the switch...it happened so fast that he is struggling to find a comparison. Maybe the reference to seconds, plural, at the end was the approximate duration of the entire event? I'm not sure he's actually contradicting himself...it just reads more like he's trying to be as factual as possible and still trying to wrap his grey matter around what he saw.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thorsen
My first thought is, why would the craft need to slowly rise out of the sea, to then speed off to wherever it was going? Why not speed off right out of the water?

My guess would be that whatever energy field it was utilizing to keep from coming into contact with the water ( no water was dripping off the craft ) had to be turned off and probably the energy that was utilized for it had to be redirected to the propulsion/drive system.

ETA...Tigertatzen....also made an excellent point about the craft having to rise slowly in order not to capsized surrounding vessels....

edit on 26-3-2017 by HarryJoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Here is the link for the sighting posted on NUFORC website. Nothing mentioned about pic or video.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Springer

Was there any MiB sighting afterwards?

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Springer

This one was reported from the same night, about an hour later. She describes it as being both triangular and teardrop shaped...that could easily translate to an ovular type shape, depending on the angle.

here

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   

My first thought is, why would the craft need to slowly rise out of the sea, to then speed off to wherever it was going? Why not speed off right out of the water?

Good question, but who knows? Maybe if we knew exactly what the aliens were up to then we could make more sense out of what they did, but I wouldn't discount it as credible on that basis.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

Oil rig workers and sailors are not known for spending large amounts of their working time taking selfies and generally following a photography hobby at work mate

When i was a sailor, i always carried a camera or had it near by, i have hundreds of pictures from my travels around the globe, no UFO pic's though.

I also took a lot of selfies

edit on 26-3-2017 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Here's another one from the same date, on MUFON. This report is also on an oval craft over water, only seen around midnight and lit up. Very well written by the witness. Could be related, could be unrelated....but check out the description of how the sighting ended:

The way it dematerialized was shocking, stark. It did not disappear gradually. The best way I can describe is that it blinked out as if a light blub turned off. It was there and in the smallest possible observable instant it was not there.

I can't figure out how to get a link to the long description of this sighting as it pops up in a weird little window, so I'm linking the page...sorry about that.

Niagra Falls, NY

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mark1456

Good question, but who knows? Maybe if we knew exactly what the aliens were up to then we could make more sense out of what they did, but I wouldn't discount it as credible on that basis.

Just curious...why would you automatically assume it was an alien craft?

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Thanks for the post. Now I have an obsession for the week. I can play at work. a reply to: Springer

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

well i have FPS pro reaction times, by the time i would have lifted my jaw off the floor and put the eyes back in my head, the ufo would be a distant memory....

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
the UFO that was spotted outside the ISS last week, made me think usually that would have been edited out..........
dont want to get my hopes up, but drip drip could become a tsunami of.... no way! WTF!

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Springer
This one is interesting and recent from Tuesday 21 March, 2017...

gcaptain.com...

Reported to NUFORC here: www.nuforc.org...

Per the report:

A crew member of an offshore supply vessel in the Gulf of Mexico claims he saw a UFO ‘fives times’ the size of his vessel and UFO trackers are now looking for more witnesses to come forward with any information possibly related to the sighting.

The UFO sighting reportedly occurred on Tuesday in the Gulf of Mexico approximately 80 miles southeast of New Orleans.

There isn't much to go on but I'll ask anyway...

So, ATS, what can we dig up about this one?

In today's world, I'm sure everyone has a camera phone. Why isn't there a single shot of this so called UFO? The report seems fishy to me.

In a nutshell: Pic or bust! Period!

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
If there where 40 something witnesses then surely someone must have pulled out their phone and filmed it. If it was a car crash and someone was splattered all over the road at least 30 would have had it on video and it would be on liveleak by now.

Oil rig workers and sailors are not known for spending large amounts of their working time taking selfies and generally following a photography hobby at work mate...besides, the environment they find themselves in, isn't great combined with sensitive and flimsy consumer electronics.

Walking along a sidewalk in a city as you say, isn't as challenging or damaging to the equipment.

Who said anything about taking selfies and following a photography hobby. I would hazard a guess and state that if 40 oil rig workers saw something..? over 90% of those involved would have a smart phone with them...

Unless you are suggesting oil rigs workers dont follow normal human patterns of behaviour.
edit on 26-3-2017 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I would imagine that the there is a no cell phone rule on the deck of a ship. I'm almost positive that there are no phones allowed on the deck of an oil rig. You don't want a guy checking his Facebook, or texting his girlfriend, and not paying attention to the multitude of things that can kill him on deck. Also, I'm not sure if there is any cell service at all 80 miles out in the middle of the Gulf.

So the no pic/video thing probably checks out in this case.
edit on 26-3-2017 by PokeyJoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

originally posted by: Mark1456

Just curious...why would you automatically assume it was an alien craft?

Are you suggesting a 1200' silent faster than the speed of ligh craft was manufactured by humans on earth. If this was the case the military,and NASA wouldn't be wasting trillions of dollars on conventional means of propulsion. They would have flew over Afghanistan and Iraq, farted in Osama's and Saddam's corn flakes and be gone before they knew who to blame.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join