It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO reported by workers on Off Shore Oil Rig Supply Vessel in the Gulf of Mexico 21 March, 2017

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: homers1226

excellent question homers!...so...I am going to throw this here....on the subject of why no pics...here is my story...driving on the freeway....I see this box shaped thing..way up in the sky...I can't get my phone camera out because I am the driver.... and there is no where for me to stop...my son in law is in the back,, I ask do you see that??? he says yes...I told him get his phone and take a pic..

he looks down for a sec to get his phone camera and looks back up to shoot...it is GONE!! I did a good check in the newspapers and such over the next several days.....turned out we weren't the only ones to see it!

but no pics....sometimes it doesn't happen even when you want to take a pic!
edit on 26-3-2017 by research100 because: spelling added sentence

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

Why no pics? Because there is a high probability that the offshore rig was unoccupied. Many of them are. I'm just saying that the probability is higher than one would assume. Offshore rig occupancy is not what it was 2 years ago. And I have not seen anyone name the rig yet so.
edit on 26-3-2017 by csimon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ypperst

originally posted by: Spacespider
80% of all people have phones with cameras...

And a estimate of 50 people saw this incident...

and not one single picture or movie clip.

Having a hard time believing this story until some footage shows up

People working off shore aint allowed cellphones on the Vessel.

What? When did that happen...? A

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
80% of all people have phones with cameras...

And a estimate of 50 people saw this incident...

and not one single picture or movie clip.

Having a hard time believing this story until some footage shows up

c'mon...when you are working on a ship or a drill rig, I don't think workers on either, walk around with their own cellphones ready to whip them out and take a pic...first, if it's in your pocket it could get damaged by almost any job required on those 2 jobs, and second, I don't think a captain or a boss would allow some worker to take pictures on company time. and finally, they are 80 miles out, nothing to take a picture of other than water.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: csimon
a reply to: research100

Why no pics? Because there is a high probability that the offshore rig was unoccupied. Many of them are. I'm just saying that the probability is higher than one would assume. Offshore rig occupancy is not what it was 2 years ago. And I have not seen anyone name the rig yet so.

yes I totally get what you are saying..them not allowed to have phones out on deck when working...I posted my little story to say that even when we WANT to take pics.,,,it doesn't always wok out,,,hence my story

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
As far as the radar.

The chief would deal with propulsion and related systems.

The radar would most likely be under control of the captain and mates. I would think those others might cooperate unless the captain sees it as bad publicity.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Some good thoughts and discussion here for sure, I'm glad to see interest in something non political!

I'd like to remind those who would seek to drag other UFO stories/reports into this that the topic of this thread is the recent sighting report in the Gulf of Mexico.

Let's stick to this topic, there's plenty yet to figure out...

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Other witnesses are reporting in:

My cousins and I were on the cruise ship Carnival Triumph out of New Orleans. Made the trip to Cozamel and Progresso. We left Progresso Tuesday evening. I was out on the Balcony when I saw the flash of light. I said to Charlotte, wow did you see that? Went in to get my binoculars to see wher it came from we saw the rig. Two as a matter of fact. One rig closer to us than the other. With the exact boats circling the rig. I knew right away what took place. Your story said it was gone. It didn’t leave. The triangular ship was still in the sky. It was SE by then with the tip of the triangle facing NW. There is no star pattern in that part of the sky that shape. There was also a smaller ship more East from it. Not as disguised. Typical red green lights. We left the room to go eat. Read More: We're Looking For Additional Witnesses Of Reported UFO Sighting From Offshore Supply Vessel | 973thedawg.com...

Hi. Saw News Post. Around same time and day a whole town near Morgan City, La. Town is called Bayou L Ourse heard and felt a loud boom. May have been a Sonic Boom. No explanation. Still to today we still have no idea what happen. Read More: We're Looking For Additional Witnesses Of Reported UFO Sighting From Offshore Supply Vessel | 973thedawg.com...

973thedawg.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: LiberateEarth

originally posted by: face23785
I am not. And admittedly some of my observations about this gentleman's testimony could turn out to be off base. Those were just my initial reactions as I watched the video to things that made me suspicious, I paused and jotted down as I went. I'm a natural skeptic. I didn't do any extensive research on it. Most of it was either from personal experience or quick google searches.

I appreciate your honest answer and look forward to your future posts, because I'm learning things of importance, such as your technical expertise expressed here:

In the Air Force, we weren't supposed to bring our phones out on the flightline, one to cut down on unauthorized photos and two to keep people being productive, doing their job, and safe. There's the distraction that could lead you to not pay attention and get yourself or someone else killed, and also they're not intrinsically safe, and can cause arcing, sparks or fire. Not wise in an environment with flammable materials around. Other professions in hazardous environments tend to have similar rules.

I always try to be honest. Have nothing to gain by misleading people. I'm not sure I shared much technical expertise though? I thought it would seem pretty evident to anyone with expertise or not that staring at your phone while working around aircraft, or working on an industrial boat or oil rig, is not very safe.

originally posted by: homers1226
what if a craft that size ,taking off a that speed ,,186,000 mph per sec

hit a bird migrating ,would that be something like reverse kinetic energy ?

I think a pebble would destroy the space station in earth orbit and that's only like 18,000mph ?

In Star Trek they use a navigational deflector that basically projects a field in front of the ship that moves little debris like that out of the way so it doesn't damage the ship. Seems pretty reasonable, albeit I'm not a physicist and I couldn't even venture a guess as to how this could be done in the real world, if it even could. Obviously it's way beyond our technology but if they solved interstellar travel, maybe they solved that too. Assuming the sighting is legit in the first place.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

The NUFORC has even highlighted the sighting as being of particular interest among the 246 reports of UFOs received in March alone. And after speaking with the witness by phone, the NUFORC said the report seems legit and has urged more witnesses to come forward.

“We spoke via telephone with this witness, and he seemed to us to be unusually sober-minded,” NUFORC wrote in a note added to the original report. “We suspect that he is a very capable, and very reliable, witness. He estimates that upwards of perhaps 50 people, who were aboard nearby vessels, may have witnessed the event, as well. We would urge those other witnesses to submit reports of what they had witnessed.”

So, did you see a UFO in the Gulf of Mexico earlier this week?

gcaptain.com...

So many people! Perhaps somebody did take a picture and it has yet to surface. (pun intended)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: ypperst

People working off shore aint allowed cellphones on the Vessel.

What? Why not?

Well they are allowed at their rooms, but thats pretty much it. My neighbour is working on oil vessels and he wont even bother taking his phone with him when he is going off shore

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I always try to be honest. Have nothing to gain by misleading people. I'm not sure I shared much technical expertise though? I thought it would seem pretty evident to anyone with expertise or not that staring at your phone while working around aircraft, or working on an industrial boat or oil rig, is not very safe.

Well, I think for the layman, which I assume most members on ATS are, it was very valuable, because most of us don’t know what the repercussions might be for using a phone around an oil rig.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Well, I think for the layman, which I assume most members on ATS are, it was very valuable, because most of us don’t know what the repercussions might be for using a phone around an oil rig.

This has been explained extensively throughout the thread. It is a hazard because gas is flammable. It has nothing to do with the dangers of staring at a phone while working...rather, someone taking a quick selfie could result in the deaths of everyone on board

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen
It has nothing to do with the dangers of staring at a phone while working.:

I surmise that the dangers of staring at a phone while working applies across the board.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
As far as the radar.

The chief would deal with propulsion and related systems.

The radar would most likely be under control of the captain and mates. I would think those others might cooperate unless the captain sees it as bad publicity.

Or maybe such a vessel would not even be detectable via radar. It can repel (for lack of a better term) water, so perhaps it has stealth functions as well that prevent detection? I'd think an advanced amphibious vessel would be outfitted for conditions under the ocean...up to and including tech that would make it difficult to detect by ordinary measures.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Could be. Radar seems to be an uncertainty with sightings.

I was mainly pointing out he might not have direct access to the recordings if they exist.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen
It has nothing to do with the dangers of staring at a phone while working.:

I surmise that the dangers of staring at a phone while working applies across the board.

Well, obviously that is true of any job that requires a person's full attention. However, it is important when considering the fact that this thing chose to emerge from the water in full view of dozens of possible witnesses, including anyone on shore, that it did so in a work environment where electronics are known to be expressly forbidden. No one would have had a camera on their person out there, period.

That is not obscure knowledge unavailable to laypersons either...pretty sure a google search will net plenty of info about the use of electronics in the vicinity of an oil drilling operation. It hints at deliberation, as was discussed a couple pages back. You're talking about what should be simple common sense on any job site; I'm talking about a possible motive for popping up where and when they did, where no one would have been able to take a photo or vid, even if they felt inclined to do so.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Obviously never worked offshore....you can have Cell phones and it's not 3rd world.

Really people?

Mg

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Oh yes, I agree with you totally about that possibility. It just occurred to me, reading your post, that maybe this thing wouldn't have even been detectable by radar at all. Alternate possibility for the lack of evidence that people are using to dismiss it entirely.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join