It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO reported by workers on Off Shore Oil Rig Supply Vessel in the Gulf of Mexico 21 March, 2017

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: PokeyJoe
I would imagine that the there is a no cell phone rule on the deck of a ship. I'm almost positive that there are no phones allowed on the deck of an oil rig. You don't want a guy checking his Facebook, or texting his girlfriend, and not paying attention to the multitude of things that can kill him on deck. Also, I'm not sure if there is any cell service at all 80 miles out in the middle of the Gulf.

So the no pic/video thing probably checks out in this case.

You can still take pics right?
edit on 26-3-2017 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

How do you take a pic when you leave your phone in your bunk or whatever? I would imagine that is the rule. You can't even have the available to you while you are working.

You know, no distractions while performing a potentially deadly job and all that.
edit on 26-3-2017 by PokeyJoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

What I'm curious about is...if it's an intelligently operated craft, why show itself at all?? Whomever was piloting it would surely have known that people were going to see the damned thing, right?? Do they just count on the claim being dismissed outright then? They know most people won't believe it? That really irks me...always has.

Self preservation is my suggestion for not caring who was watching.

Perhaps the "craft" was being hunted underwater by say; a submarine. Water is just a very dense atmosphere, it would follow that the "craft" would shift to a less dense atmosphere to escape persuers, torpedoes, or other weapons limited to moving in water.

edit on 26-3-2017 by Whatsthisthen because: bb code fix

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

I would imagine that the there is a no cell phone rule on the deck of a ship. I'm almost positive that there are no phones allowed on the deck of an oil rig. You don't want a guy checking his Facebook, or texting his girlfriend, and not paying attention to the multitude of things that can kill him on deck. Also, I'm not sure if there is any cell service at all 80 miles out in the middle of the Gulf.

Not on an oil rig you can't. No electronics allowed outside of the crew living quarters...especially smart phones. It's a hazard, big time. You can get special permission to take photos with a regular camera, but no one will be walking around with one on a routine basis.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whatsthisthen

What I'm curious about is...if it's an intelligently operated craft, why show itself at all?? Whomever was piloting it would surely have known that people were going to see the damned thing, right?? Do they just count on the claim being dismissed outright then? They know most people won't believe it? That really irks me...always has.

Self preservation is my suggestion for not caring who was watching.

Perhaps the "craft" was being hunted underwater by say; a submarine. Water is just a very dense atmosphere, it would follow that the "craft" would shift to a less dense atmosphere to escape persuers, torpedoes, or other weapons limited to moving in water.

I suppose that could be a possible scenario, but something tells me that such a vessel wouldn't have the need to escape from anyone. It can slowly rise out of the water without so much as a drip and completely silent, then accelerate in less than a second's time fast enough to disappear entirely from view, but it has to run away from subs or torpedoes?

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

Not on an oil rig you can't. No electronics allowed outside of the crew living quarters...especially smart phones. It's a hazard, big time. You can get special permission to take photos with a regular camera, but no one will be walking around with one on a routine basis.

other than it could be a distraction why would using a mobile phone on a rig be hazardous.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

other than it could be a distraction why would using a mobile phone on a rig be hazardous.

Because there is gas coming up from that well shaft and one spark could blow up the entire rig and kill everyone on board. It's a hot zone. Photo shoots, etc. done on rigs have to be shot with explosive-proof equipment which has to be approved in advance. So all their electronics would have been stowed in their living quarters. Even if one of the four witnesses could have made it to their bunk and back in time to snap a pic, they'd never have been allowed on deck with their phone. They don't play around when it comes to that.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   

I suppose that could be a possible scenario, but something tells me that such a vessel wouldn't have the need to escape from anyone. It can slowly rise out of the water without so much as a drip and completely silent, then accelerate in less than a second's time fast enough to disappear entirely from view, but it has to run away from subs or torpedoes?

Perhaps they have limitations in very dense atmospheres such as an ocean.

Another thought is they might be afraid of getting hurt. Humans are capable of scarry things. Now if the craft were a conscious, aware, sentient being in it's own right, well if I were one I would not like to have a human sub chasing me or get hit by a weapon.

Personally I often think that these craft have limitations and the occupants are not all that all powerful. Everything I have read about the tactics or movements of these craft and how the occupants interact with humans suggests they are very cautious which implies they have vulnerabilities.

Edit below.

All this flying saucer business seems to have started when humanity started making atomic weapons back in the second world war. So why suddenly appear with technology superior to humanity? Timing suggests they were afraid of atomics and decided it was time to make deals.

Atomics do a great deal of damage electromagnetically, so if their craft use the electromagnetic fields in some way then it follows they would be worried. Especially if they need electromagnetics to remain hidden from view.

One might also suggest they do not have great numbers here, perhaps they are marooned here because of the vast distances between the stars. They may be technologically superior, but if they are few in number then a single loss is a big loss.

Call it a hunch, I think in many ways humanity is a greater threat to them then they are to us.

edit on 26-3-2017 by Whatsthisthen because: added quote and edit for clarity

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

If the sighting is legit as it appears to be, clearly whoever was controlling the craft fully INTENDED to be witnessed and reported, yet probably not photographed or filmed. Here's hoping it was part of the alleged "gradual awareness" policy of the (apparent) ETs /nonhumans and not something malevolent or outright deceptive.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thorsen
My first thought is, why would the craft need to slowly rise out of the sea, to then speed off to wherever it was going? Why not speed off right out of the water?

I think they were being considerate of us, even with a force field on and no friction with the water it still needs to displace the water to let the object go through, if they made an escape velocity from under the water I imagine it would create a big tsunami from all the water that needs to be displaced, and it would definitely draw unwanted attention to them...

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Sorry just tuning in and haven't read the entire thread.
The supply vessel most likely a typical crew-boat.
Didn't reference the GOM block but possibly Viosca Knoll or Mississippi Canyon.
Possibly deep water and more than likely located in dead zone.
I'll read through a little more in the meantime as things unfold.
The rig may possibly be abandoned.
edit on 26-3-2017 by csimon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Springer
gcaptain.com...

It is interesting to me that the oil rig captain who is the founder of gcaptain.com is a co-author of the 2011 book about the Deepwater Horizon explosion of 2010 Fire on the Horizon: The Untold Story of the Gulf Oil Disaster.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons
If the ship propels itself by creating an envelope of normal space around the hull but warping space/gravity outside that envelope like Bob Lazar's sport model or the proposed Alcubierre drive, that envelope would probably also provide a natural barrier against water making contact with the hull.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
This is interesting.

Lets cut the whole Pics or it didn't happen BS. Thanks, this is a conspiracy website for discussion, you won't get a black or white answer that easy.

USO's, for the most part, are observed by witnesses as having slowly emerge from the water, direct contrast to seeing them enter in which it looks like a dive. This implies intelligent control on actions of entering and exiting.

The sea or any body of water is a great place to hide and also who knows, maybe the technology is synonymous with water?

When I read the report, it made think of the Hollow Earth theory, HUGE SUBSCRIBER TO THAT THEORY, not to be taken literal, it would be in a sense of super large caverns and such for cities to exist in. Not a literal hollowed out earth...but again, who knows?

"Beings more beautiful and stronger than us, having a lifetime much longer than ours. Beings may well be called gods. It reminds us of something" (Abzu Hollow Earth et.Al).

Interesting to note about the Gulf of Mexico,

"The Mayans are supposed to be the keeper of undergrounds dug millennia ago by unknown machines. These tunnels pass through Latin America, extending their ramifications from the Gulf of Mexico to the Antarctic" (Abzu Hollow Earth et.AL)

I'm going to go with, this was an actual event witnessed by people. Something that incredible, I can imagine many of them just too stunned at this prospect, considering 40 secs, you'll definitely miss your chance at snapshotting something.

Great thread Springer. When you post it, that tells me you felt something about it, strongly enough to the point that you went to share it with the rest of us. Thank you.

References:
eden-saga.com...
edit on 26-3-2017 by Arnie123 because: added cites

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
80% of all people have phones with cameras...

And a estimate of 50 people saw this incident...

and not one single picture or movie clip.

Having a hard time believing this story until some footage shows up

Most offshore worker use radios not cell phones, as cell towers are out of range at way less than 80 mile offshore.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Groot

you see a deer,
i see swamp gas.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Whatsthisthen

Well, if you're assuming that this is an ET craft, here's why I have to disagree with you on some things. For starters, their technology would be advanced enough to travel through space to get here in the first place...lots of potential life threatening hazards exist out there. And unless these hypothetical pilots are the only life form in the universe other than us, they have to have some type of weaponry on board in case they're attacked in space, right? I just don't see them running scared...not from us, anyway.

I'm sure ET craft would have its limitations too...but again, we're talking about a vessel that can travel through space faster than light speed and is capable of withstanding anything that might hit it on the way. I would think the pressure and density of the ocean would not be an issue for these people either, after all that. It was able to rise up slowly from the water, without making a sound or even dripping sea water...so that would indicate that the liquid itself would not create too much of a challenge for it. And the fact that it was not reported to have come up out of the water at speed tends to rule out the idea that it was being chased by someone/something. So if it was leaving, it makes more sense that it was not in any particular hurry.

I think if ETs are deliberately cautious about interaction with people, it is more likely that they practice this because they don't want to cause a panic. Maybe they have some kind of Prime Directive that does not allow them to violate our free will by showing themselves overtly...a la "the butterfly effect". Anything is possible. I am sure you're right about them having limitations just like anyone does, but I don't think they have any reason to fear us with the type of technology that we're talking about them being in possession of to even have been able to arrive here in the first place.

What makes you think it was an ET vessel? Why not one of ours?

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: southernlight

Well, you wouldn't have to go that far. Hydophobic material is breaking into our lives in various markets.

www.livescience.com...

Here is an interesting article on using lasers to etch on the surfaces of titanium, platinum and copper. It repels water with ease and can be used for self cleaning toilets and ice build up on places. This tech can be theoretically applied to the hull of ships, in a way that is beyond me.

Food for thought. Could future and advance applications mimic what was described?

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: LiberateEarth

originally posted by: Springer
gcaptain.com...

It is interesting to me that the oil rig captain who is the founder of gcaptain.com is a co-author of the 2011 book about the Deepwater Horizon explosion of 2010 Fire on the Horizon: The Untold Story of the Gulf Oil Disaster.

Now we are getting to the bottom of this.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
When I read the report, it made think of the Hollow Earth theory, HUGE SUBSCRIBER TO THAT THEORY, not to be taken literal, it would be in a sense of super large caverns and such for cities to exist in. Not a literal hollowed out earth...but again, who knows?

Secret space program whistleblower William Tompkins uses the words "almost a honeycomb" to describe it:

. . . The Earth itself is almost a honeycomb. It has millions of massive caverns. . .

spherebeingalliance.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join