It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO reported by workers on Off Shore Oil Rig Supply Vessel in the Gulf of Mexico 21 March, 2017

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries
a reply to: Phage

Well indeed...

Nothing new there. So what's the point the whole UFO 'business' is an endless tug of war. After decades of ' researching' still nothing. There is no officials scientific (Western) approach whatsoever when it comes to UFO's.
Which is very very wierd because if there is an 'alien' army in the sky isn't it the duty of a government to protect their people ?

The military HAS looked into it, for the exact reason you're saying they should, because it could've potentially impacted national security. Project Bluebook. Everyone thinks that's just a cover up, but it's possible it was the military doing their due diligence and making sure whatever people were seeing wasn't a threat, whether from another country or another world. In the end, they concluded the vast majority of sightings were misidentifications and a very small percentage were truly unexplainable, but not enough to warrant more investigation. That's the official story (more or less). Now it could be they did discover some of these are real alien visitations, and they decided to keep that secret, and they're either secretly trying to develop technology to defend against them or they are in league with them in some way (which seems very doubtful to me, beings with the technology to travel to our planet wouldn't need help from our military or government to accomplish any sort of practical goals here, in my opinion).

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: frenchfries

UAP

Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon

PAS = Possible Alien Ship

Also, holy hell, a LOT of people apparently don't actually read before they comment (I've been guilty of this a few times, but usually on when the thread was like 70 pages long). The no cell phone thing has been explained numerous times already, and people are still posting asking why no pictures? In the Air Force, we weren't supposed to bring our phones out on the flightline, one to cut down on unauthorized photos and two to keep people being productive, doing their job, and safe. There's the distraction that could lead you to not pay attention and get yourself or someone else killed, and also they're not intrinsically safe, and can cause arcing, sparks or fire. Not wise in an environment with flammable materials around. Other professions in hazardous environments tend to have similar rules. This isn't complicated folks. Let's focus on real questions here, instead of things that are easily explainable.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Also, as long as I'm trying to help out, I encourage everyone to print this official guide and carry it with you in case you ever find yourself in a similar situation to these sailors.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Lightworth

Now that is an interesting perspective indeed. Come up out of the ocean in full view of oil riggers at the edge of dusk, knowing no one who could witness it would have access to a camera or phone or any other electronics on deck because they're strictly prohibited, and make sure they get a good long look before casually speeding out of sight. That does make sense...accidentally showing up right in front of a rig does not.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I blame the Russians.. because i guess that seems to be the new trend...

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
The military HAS looked into it, for the exact reason you're saying they should, because it could've potentially impacted national security. Project Bluebook.

People may be interested in this interview from the Citizen Hearing on Disclosure:

Published on May 3, 2013

The anonymous whistle blower video that was presented at the Citizen Hearing, Truth Embargo Friday morning session.

Citizen Hearing On Disclosure citizenhearing.org...
April 29 To May 3, 2013 -- Washington, DC

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
When are people going to learn to have a camera shortcut on their lock screens??
Nice find

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: OpenEars123
When are people going to learn to have a camera shortcut on their lock screens??
Nice find

What good would that do in an area where electronics are prohibited in the first place?

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: LiberateEarth

The military HAS looked into it, for the exact reason you're saying they should, because it could've potentially impacted national security. Project Bluebook.

People may be interested in this interview from the Citizen Hearing on Disclosure:

Published on May 3, 2013

The anonymous whistle blower video that was presented at the Citizen Hearing, Truth Embargo Friday morning session.

Citizen Hearing On Disclosure citizenhearing.org...
April 29 To May 3, 2013 -- Washington, DC

www.youtube.com...

Pretty interesting, with a real lot of stuff wrong with it.

Let's start with the spooky "undisclosed location" tag, and in the very first shot of him walking into the building there's a sticker on the door that allows you to find out where they are in about 4 seconds on Google.

He mentions that he had a Q clearance, which is a DOE clearance associated with nuclear programs. What exactly does that have to do with Bluebook? The Wikipedia page on Q clearances also says it's primarily issued to non-military personnel, and he says he was still Army at this time, not CIA. Primarily indicates it is occasionally issued to military personnel, so that's not exactly hard evidence it's bogus, but still doesn't help his case especially when it doesn't really fit into his story to get that type of clearance for what he says he was tasked to do.

He says MJ-12 never reported back to Eisenhower, but a quick google search reveals there are declassified reports from MJ-12 to Eisenhower on the UFO phenomenon. Later the guy says Eisenhower didn't know there were actual aliens at A51 until he and his boss reported back after this supposed trip. If that's the case, how did Eisenhower know these reports he got from MJ-12 weren't the whole story and knew to push the issue by sending these 2 guys out there in the first place?

Also, if Eisenhower wanted to know about the aliens, and MJ-12 was supposedly stonewalling him according to this guy, indicating they didn't even want the president to know because it was considering so sensitive. If that's the case, does it really make sense that when Eisenhower gave them an ultimatum, instead of sending a report to Eisenhower like he wanted, they let this guy and his boss in to see everything? Wouldn't that expose this extremely sensitive information that they didn't even want the president to know to more people, increasing the risk of it getting out? Anyone whose ever dealt with classified knows that makes no sense.

And wait, they sent them out there in the president's plane? Gee, I guess we just hope the president doesn't have to go anywhere until they get back. You could always put him in a regular military flight, but if that's good enough for the president why the hell are these guys using the president's plane?

He talks about not showing his face and remaining anonymous? So why isn't his face blacked out and his voice disguised? Ok he's dying, maybe he doesn't care, so then what is the point of not identifying him by name and filming in a completely disclosed "undisclosed location", but showing his face and not altering his voice?

A lot of this just doesn't add up.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Well indeed...

Nothing new there. So what's the point the whole UFO 'business' is an endless tug of war. After decades of ' researching' still nothing. There is no officials scientific (Western) approach whatsoever when it comes to UFO's.
Which is very very wierd because if there is an 'alien' army in the sky isn't it the duty of a government to protect their people ?

The military HAS looked into it, for the exact reason you're saying they should, because it could've potentially impacted national security. Project Bluebook. Everyone thinks that's just a cover up, but it's possible it was the military doing their due diligence and making sure whatever people were seeing wasn't a threat, whether from another country or another world. In the end, they concluded the vast majority of sightings were misidentifications and a very small percentage were truly unexplainable, but not enough to warrant more investigation. That's the official story (more or less). Now it could be they did discover some of these are real alien visitations, and they decided to keep that secret, and they're either secretly trying to develop technology to defend against them or they are in league with them in some way (which seems very doubtful to me, beings with the technology to travel to our planet wouldn't need help from our military or government to accomplish any sort of practical goals here, in my opinion).

UAP

Also, holy hell, a LOT of people apparently don't actually read before they comment (I've been guilty of this a few times, but usually on when the thread was like 70 pages long). The no cell phone thing has been explained numerous times already, and people are still posting asking why no pictures? In the Air Force, we weren't supposed to bring our phones out on the flightline, one to cut down on unauthorized photos and two to keep people being productive, doing their job, and safe. There's the distraction that could lead you to not pay attention and get yourself or someone else killed, and also they're not intrinsically safe, and can cause arcing, sparks or fire. Not wise in an environment with flammable materials around. Other professions in hazardous environments tend to have similar rules. This isn't complicated folks. Let's focus on real questions here, instead of things that are easily explainable.

UFO reports that were suspected to be a threat to national security were never a part of the Blue book system, they were sent to other agencies. Just an FYI

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Thanks for your post.

I'll work on getting some answers.

Meanwhile, are you familiar with Richard Dolan's work by chance?

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: LiberateEarth

I'm speculating...that it would be hard to see water dripping from an object that is 1/4 of a mile away.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thorsen
My first thought is, why would the craft need to slowly rise out of the sea, to then speed off to wherever it was going? Why not speed off right out of the water?

Well youd probably have to ask the aliens that, as none of us understand how that level of tech operates.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86
a reply to: LiberateEarth

I'm speculating...that it would be hard to see water dripping from an object that is 1/4 of a mile away.

If it was as big as reported it should have dragged a huge amount of water with it as it rose out of the water, so it should have been easy to see, only they reported none was seen. This isn't the first time military spectators have witnessed and reported the same phenomenon as well.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

Well indeed...

UAP

UFO reports that were suspected to be a threat to national security were never a part of the Blue book system, they were sent to other agencies. Just an FYI

Yes that is true, when enough evidence was available that suggested a particular sighting was possibly a foreign aircraft, it was shunted off to be dealt with appropriately. This still happens today. The overall point of Bluebook was still to scientifically study the phenomenon as a whole, studying many specific cases, with the main goal of finding out if the military need be concerned.

originally posted by: LiberateEarth
a reply to: face23785

Thanks for your post.

I'll work on getting some answers.

Meanwhile, are you familiar with Richard Dolan's work by chance?

I am not. And admittedly some of my observations about this gentleman's testimony could turn out to be off base. Those were just my initial reactions as I watched the video to things that made me suspicious, I paused and jotted down as I went. I'm a natural skeptic. I didn't do any extensive research on it. Most of it was either from personal experience or quick google searches.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I am not. And admittedly some of my observations about this gentleman's testimony could turn out to be off base. Those were just my initial reactions as I watched the video to things that made me suspicious, I paused and jotted down as I went. I'm a natural skeptic. I didn't do any extensive research on it. Most of it was either from personal experience or quick google searches.

I appreciate your honest answer and look forward to your future posts, because I'm learning things of importance, such as your technical expertise expressed here:

In the Air Force, we weren't supposed to bring our phones out on the flightline, one to cut down on unauthorized photos and two to keep people being productive, doing their job, and safe. There's the distraction that could lead you to not pay attention and get yourself or someone else killed, and also they're not intrinsically safe, and can cause arcing, sparks or fire. Not wise in an environment with flammable materials around. Other professions in hazardous environments tend to have similar rules.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

I'll be honest. I saw something once and the confirmation was so enthralling (read: terrifying) that I couldn't move. It felt like I was literally glued to the ground. I didn't think about grabbing my phone in the maybe 30 seconds I had to do it, it made me reevaluate life, bro. Like, 30 seconds of philosophy on the meaning of life, my purpose...Just everything. I couldn't tear my eyes from it.

It isn't like casually talking about the subject on a web site where you have as much time as you need to make your point. When it happened, I don't think I was capable of making that choice, tbh. It blew my # mind. So, I understand why they don't have proof. I'm not attempting to sway you one way or the other. I am saying if you haven't had an up and personal view of something like this, it's harder for me to properly describe the sensation of it to you.

Mine was a black cube in a cloud in SE OH, btw.
edit on 26-3-2017 by PRSpinster because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
80% of all people have phones with cameras...

And a estimate of 50 people saw this incident...

and not one single picture or movie clip.

Having a hard time believing this story until some footage shows up

How about some radar data? He was the chief engineer, the radar would have been on and sweeping at the time.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

Snapping a pic of a deer is one thing. We've got deer where I'm at in Canada standing in our front yard at all hours of the day/night. There's not much of a "startled" or "Wow" factor there.

But shaking yourself out of a WTH!! moment to grab your camera and manage to get a pic while you can is something totally different. I'm fairly certain if I saw something like a UFO, the first thing on my mind is not going to be worrying about getting a picture. I don't own a phone with a camera anyway.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
When I saw the the 1999 cigar over Dallas Love Field, I'm a pilot too, I was getting my first dose of they were in my inner monologue And was more focused on staring for details as it cruised, coming toward me, 4000 AGL.......I had to make sure I captured that first sighting by eye, feelings go numb maybe?!!

Edit more detail....it was when I went looking for the flight deck glass on the cigar.....i zeroed in and Bahmm,saw no glass but I got yes here we are....a reply to: Subrosabelow

edit on 26-3-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
what if a craft that size ,taking off a that speed ,,186,000 mph per sec

hit a bird migrating ,would that be something like reverse kinetic energy ?

I think a pebble would destroy the space station in earth orbit and that's only like 18,000mph ?

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join