It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Full Earth view from ISS Cupola Impossible 100 percent Fake

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: samara11278

To use my analogy from earlier: Hold a basketball close enough to your face that you cannot see anything but the ball when looking straight ahead. Then turn your head left/right/up/down/diagonally. You will see an edge of the ball (that will look round because it is) as well as your surroundings, in this case, space.

Again, the pics I posted are looking straight ahead through the center of the cupola. The surface should fill up the entire thing. Space is not right next to the area that should be visible, looking straight at it. More surface is next to it.....

Showing a portion of the Earth as a perfect sphere with space all around it, while looking straight ahead, is impossible.
edit on 25-3-2017 by WaxingGibbons because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: WaxingGibbons

To use my analogy from earlier: Hold a basketball close enough to your face that you cannot see anything but the ball when looking straight ahead. Then turn your head left/right/up/down/diagonally. You will see an edge of the ball (that will look round because it is) as well as your surroundings, in this case, space.

Again, the pics I posted are looking straight ahead through the center of the cupola. The surface should fill up the entire thing. Space is not right next to the area that should be visible, looking straight at it. More surface is next to it.....

Showing a portion of the Earth as a perfect sphere with space all around it, while looking straight ahead, is impossible.

The photo is NOT looking straight ahead. A specialized lens is taking data from side windows and causing an illusion that it is only straight ahead. You are looking out of 7 different windows all facing 7 different directions.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

a reply to: MacK80

The issue is that you can't see the entire Earth from 450 km, regardless of lenses, fantasy, drivel and wishful thinking.

Can you look around corners with wide angle lenses? No? Then you can't look past the horizon either. From 450 km the horizon is at 2625 km in both directions. You can't see the full diameter of 12,700 km, no matter how ACME your lens is.

This video clearly shows that your assumptions are incorrect and that it is indeed possible to see around the edges of the Earth from 450km when the window is directly facing the Earth. Heck, it's possible from 400km even. It's even possible from 12km up on an airplane, just look out the window.
www.youtube.com...

I'm posting this for the second time... Not sure why I even bother. Apparently the only evidence you will accept it your own, so I'm struggling to realize why you even posted in this forum. It seems like you are stuck in some sort of two dimensional thinking that cannot comprehend things like geometry, optics, light refraction, and physics itself. Rather than giving a reasonable counter argument to people's comments, you simply repeat the same invalidated arguments over and over as if they are fact. It's like you are a religious fanatic and we are just supposed to take what you say "on faith".

Show us that we are wrong. Give us something reasonable to work with instead of smart ass remarks about how all our ideas are irrelevant. Until then, I declare you a irrational troll who treats scientific evidence as optional.
edit on 25-3-2017 by DrWily because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-3-2017 by DrWily because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: chrismir
a reply to: WaxingGibbons

Not fake, just a fisheye lens. In that picture the middle window and the surrounding windows look flat, while in reality they are side windows

Fisheye lens would be my initial assumption, yes. not sure why ops didn't consider this the second he seen it.
I guess its more cooler to think we are living on some sort of dish that some gigantic deity keeps on his dresser in his mind.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Ahaha, wait while I get the pics to destroy your BS claims.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Because it doesn't ACTUALLY make ANY more area available to the image you couldn't see from an already available angle, it just MAKES IT ROUND.(From a central angle only, at that)

Also if the Space Station wasn't completely level, it would fail in the illusion to make it round also.
edit on 25-3-2017 by MacK80 because: (no reason given)

link   

Ahaha, wait while I get the pics to destroy your BS claims.

Okay!

link   

a reply to: smurfy

So if that shows a portion of Earth, why do we see space curved around it? We shouldn't see space at all then, the surface would fill up the entire window to the frame.

It's still what the camera sees, just the same as what you see is the curvature of your horizon a fish eye lens just exaggerates the effect.

Have a look at the pictures in this link, you can see both lens exaggeration as a man jumps from high altitude, and also an ISS view from a straightforward shot, even then there is a very slight curve visible. Note also the sea level picture squished up to show a curve not even noticeable in the normal shot.

www.quora.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Hey there.

So I read through all of it. I'm also a photographer.

Both EartOccupant and bobs_uruncle gave you valuable information. The information doesn't equate to the same thing, but both reveal the possibilities.

No one here said that you can see past a horizon. That's why you can only see a small portion of the earth within the sphere which is processed through the optics.

I considered deeply whether your argument was right or not.

I consider that your argument is correct:

NASA lied when they said they could not take pictures of the earth from low-orbit....

Or did they?

Do you think NASA should consider a distorted image of the earth in the form of a circle which shows a meager aspect of the planet as a real image of the earth?

Hmm. Well, you know it's not a full image of one side of the earth. It would seem that the argument that you use from then only proves that they think like you - that's not a real representation of one half of the globe.

It would appear you're in agreement with them and you're not realizing it.

If they say they haven't gotten a human's eye view of the earth in many years, maybe they mean it?

I have gone over their composite images and their additions of clouds and what-not myself. Why they are so foolish as to clone aspects into the image, I don't know.

What I do know, as a photographer, is that the shot that you're claiming is not possible is definitely possible using a 35mm on full frame for composite or 8mm on full frame for global distortion.

The image with the solar panel clearly shows wide angle distorting... And the distortion was even clearly repaired, as I've performed the repairs myself on raw images.

So, I feel your pain, but you're wrong in this case friend. The image, whether fake or not, is indeed possible.

Get a full frame camera and a rokinon 8mm lens. Set it up with a butterfly lens hood only 1mm away from a basketball. You'll see what people have been trying to show you.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: samara11278

The photo is NOT looking straight ahead. A specialized lens is taking data from side windows and causing an illusion that it is only straight ahead. You are looking out of 7 different windows all facing 7 different directions.

Here's a pic from the cupola

Here's GE,

Clearly, nothing is being distorted by the different windows. Only in this shot from the cupola we don't see any space visible around the surface for some reason.

But but the windows, the distortion......the BS.
edit on 25-3-2017 by WaxingGibbons because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

You're the one that's claiming NASA is lying, why would I contact them for you?

What argument? I didn't argue anything in that comment. You're the one saying that NASA said something and is lying about it, why wouldn't you ask them to defend it? People have asked the government about 9/11, after all.

Your shrill response seems to be trying to push the idea that I'm attempting to shut down debate when it's quite the opposite: I'm attempting to broaden it by encouraging you to ask the source directly.

You're the one that's making excuses to not.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TarzanBeta

You don't explain how a pic of a portion of the Earth can look like a sphere with space all around it.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
The images was never meant to be taken as a full image of the earth. Why would NASA fake it? Tons of explanations in the thread as why it looks as it does and can't you understand it by now , I'm afraid you never will.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: samara11278

Here's a pic from the cupola

Here's GE,

Clearly, nothing is being distorted by the different windows. Only in this shot from the cupola we don't see any space visible around the surface for some reason.

But but the windows, the distortion......the BS.

I never said that the distortion was from the windows. Clearly this is a different type of camera lens at a different angle. If they were to get down near that side window and look out to the left, they would see the horizon.

We have explained several times how you can see round edges with space. You don't bother to try and understand, you just deny.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: chrismir

Not fake, just a fisheye lens. In that picture the middle window and the surrounding windows look flat, while in reality they are side windows

Fisheye lens would be my initial assumption, yes. not sure why ops didn't consider this the second he seen it.
I guess its more cooler to think we are living on some sort of dish that some gigantic deity keeps on his dresser in his mind.

Because you simply can't see more than about 4700 km of the surface from 450 km. That's why. No lense can look around corners, or an horizon, not even by one degree.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Yes he did. In fact, he gave the only substantial evidence for your case so far.

The image with the solar panel clearly shows wide angle distorting... And the distortion was even clearly repaired, as I've performed the repairs myself on raw images.

This means that while you don't understand how the glass creates a composite, he agrees with you the image is a digital composite in his professional experience despite this because of recognizing the repaired distortion many have mentioned also. So you win. Congrats on flaming every single person along the way, even Tarzan, as he hands you the prize.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

I never said that the distortion was from the windows.

you said this,

Why did you even mention the 7 windows if they are not relevant to your argument. You didn't simply say it was due to the lens and the lens alone......

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: MacK80

This means that while you don't understand how the glass creates a composite,

the windows have nothing to do with things, I just proved this.....

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

The windows are designed for specific height. I guess I'll reiterate it's possible to accomplish refraction at any height, but only with specific angles. They might even be adjustable, I just don't know.

If that picture you're posting is trying to prove there isn't distortion...even though you can see it.

Edit: Finally, the angle you view such a distorted composite changes almost everything. Find a picture from the same angle at a lower height and argue that.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join