It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Full Earth view from ISS Cupola Impossible 100 percent Fake

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: WaxingGibbons

It is sort of like a skydiver - if he's looking straight down, he will only see earth/water. If he looks to his left or right, he will see the horizon.

If he takes a photo looking down with a regular lens, he will only see earth/water. If he takes a photo looking down using a fisheye lens, he will see the horizon.

blog.bucketlist.org...

c8.alamy.com...

The 7 windows are relevant to my argument because the image data for the rounding of the visible horizon (not hemisphere) is gathered from the lens being able to capture the image through those side windows.
edit on 3/25/2017 by samara11278 because: add photo links

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TarzanBeta

The only problem with all that is that you may as well have typed it all out and then thrown your computer out a window for all the good it will do in this instance.

Other than that, great post.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: MacK80

Pure nonsense, show me anything to back up your claim that they were designed to distort or, distort period.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

*facepalm* I'll call you getting that far a win for me.

That's not just what I alone am saying. It's like everyone.
edit on 25-3-2017 by MacK80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: samara11278

Try the same thing from within a cilinder with a 2m diameter, 2 meters back from the opening, there simply is no way you would see these sideviews.

Again, no lense can look around a corner. Not even a magic fisheye one.
edit on 25-3-2017 by WaxingGibbons because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

So nothing to back it up then?

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I mentioned this, the effect could(depending on the glass) be increased on the edge pieces when moved away from them.

The fact it's far away means something; it might not even be possible to obtain a round angle unless it's farther back in the first place.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Btw, I only see the horizon in parts of the pic, not 360 around. Maybe it is cropped.....

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

other than a coke bottle? no, not really. Want to see an impossible straw?

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
This is literally a waste of a Saturday. Haha.

You keep backtracking and repeating the same exact argument without honestly considering any information brought forward. If you just simply look at the original photo you posted and compare those side windows' shape with another photo of the side windows in the cupola, you can easily see that the photo has a distortion from the lens used. It's literally pointless to argue about any more after all of the explanations in the last 15 pages ranging from complex descriptions to simple analogies.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I already posted the proof that there is no such distortion.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
[Redacted]
edit on 25-3-2017 by MacK80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

No distortion whatsoever due to the different windows or their angles.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: WaxingGibbons
a reply to: Zaphod58

Nonsense.

You can see the frame of the window, and in what you claim is the frame we see a solar panel that is on the outside, obviously.

The blackness around the Earth cannot be the frame.....

Pretty obvious you're correct WG...i suppose some people replying must have a pathological need to be either argumentative or contrary for no apparent reason.

It a shame when posters who have contributed such good information on topics they're familiar with, get ideas above their station (see what i did there?) and pretend to be knowledgeable on topics they're not familiar with...kind of partially negates their previous good work.

That SP is clearly visible..gives the whole game away.

And if they fake one image...they are obviously not averse to faking more..question is, which are real and which are not?

Boy who cried wolf springs to mind.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
It ain't the cupola per se that distort the background, but the lens used.
But when you take a picture of a symmetrical object, that is NOT near the lense, and you frame it in the right manner, it doesn't appear to be distorted, but nonetheless you're using a fisheye.
I own a fisheye lens, used it, and to me, you're wasting people time being really stubborn on your idea without researching how fisheye lenses works and how good photographer use them.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

You don't explain how a pic of a portion of the Earth can look like a sphere with space all around it.

Use a fisheye lens on a basketball. Then use a 35mm on the basketball. Frame both shots so that there is a sphere in the center of the frame so that the spheres cover the same area. The 35mm will show the sphere and space with more details of the surface available to you. The fisheye shot will show you a sphere and space will far less details of the surface available to you - not because the details aren't there, but because they are highly compressed by the distortion of the light as compared to the lens of the human eye.

Distortion is of course relative to the receiver, but I assume we're talking about what a human being with perfect eyesight without lens correction should see.

Please do the experiment for yourself.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Try the same thing from within a cilinder with a 2m diameter, 2 meters back from the opening, there simply is no way you would see these sideviews.

Again, no lense can look around a corner. Not even a magic fisheye one.

If you could understand it this way, it's not looking around a corner. In essence, the lens distortion fabricates the corner. None of the images you show reveal the other side of the earth... Only that the earth is unnaturally compressed.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I don't own such cameras, you are the professional here.

What about this pic.

It shows the curvature of the Earth matching up to the curvature of the 2m diameter window at an 400 km altitude. Obviously not a fish eye lense.

So how can they match up? At that distance it is impossible to have them match up.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Wow... You people are still going on about this? It's not fake... Just like the Apollo missions were not fake. Why is it so hard to believe, in the age of petabyte big data and self driving cars, that we can make a wide angle lens able to capture more than what is directly in front of your eyes? I mean, we are basically talking about Galilean technology here. It's a lens, it bends light. Everything you see comes in the form of photons hitting your eye. The direction of photons can be changed by lenses. Thus, with the appropriate lens... It's possible to get light from multiple angles, forming an image that would be impossible with normal vision. Why is this Fisher Price concept so difficult to comprehend?

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

No, a 2m long sidewall all around you restricts your field of view, you could never get a side view, not even with a fish eye lens.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join