It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help! I have horrible Anxiety.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Talorc
Don't listen to people saying you must go see a doctor. Doctors are usually good for nothing where this is concerned, the same goes for psychologists. I too have had a problem with anxiety/depression/malaise.

Why, I ask you, must the problem always be a brain disorder or chemical imblanance, especially when psychologists consistently FAIL to point to any specific cause in the brain for many so called "psychological disorders"? A bit presumptuous on their part to go around "diagnosing" people, perhaps? Speaking far outside the bounds of their province and expertise, perhaps?

Your problem could just as well be moral, metaphysical, or existential in nature. Human beings have been so steeped in morality and metaphysics from our very beginning, and in fact we have a psychological/existential need for it.

Look inward for moral causes, look into yourself and think of who you really are. Now ask yourself: am I truly doing what I should be doing? Am I doing the things I am meant to do, perhaps was born to do? What are those things; are there even any at all?

Likely you'll find no immediate answers, and therein lies part of the problem. In short, figure out your own nature, and then figure out what you're doing that, so to speak, disagrees with it or is even poisonous to it.

Go to a dr to get meds, who cares what they say. In fact, he/she probably will not say anything and prescribe the anti-depressants and xanax. And a psychiatrist should be next on your list.

Then "look inside yourself"

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

I won't deny that certain substances can have a beneficial effects. They can take the edge off and free up your mind, so you can devote more mental energy toward asking yourself the hard questions and getting to the root of the anxiety.

Anyway, there alternatives to the pharmaceuticals, some "herbal remedies" can work wonders.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: Night Star

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: intrptr

Until you stop. Then you're right back where you left off, plus those "side effects".

If one has to stop any medication, they should taper off and not just stop completely. I have been on mine for years and it helps.

I was on drugs for years and I certainly thought they were helping me, too...

As it turned out the problem was me. I was using drugs to cover that up. Night Star I appreciate your sentiment, but you put me in this little box of argument where your only position seems to be "it works for me..."

everyone is different.

I made a reply three posts above yours saying...

Anxiety and depression is different for everyone.

As you can see, I am aware of that fact. I say it works for me because it does and it works for many people. I just don't want others to be discouraged if other courses of action don't work for them. I have tried medicinal herbs that did nothing for me, though they may help others. I take melatonin at night to help me sleep and that is all natural. Yes, it's different for everyone. I agree whole heartedly.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Richsac89

I am concerned as we haven't seen you replying. I was wondering if any of the replies in here are helping you at all or if perhaps you're confused as hell. So many people jumping in with their experiences and recommendations. I hope we didn't overwhelm you. How are you?

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Hi Rich, I'm so sorry you're suffering like this. there is absolutely no shame in asking for help. Anxiety doesn't discriminate on the basis of age, sex, or gender. I too have anxiety and I can tell you that medicine can help. Especially if the cause of the anxiety is a chemical imbalance in the brain. I was on medication for probably two years and I went off. Without any coping skills my anxiety returned and I just used alcohol to medicate. The end result wasn't good. Now I have coping skills and a support network of people and that has made a world of difference in my life. Everyone is different and each person has to find what works for them. A professional can find medication that works for you. I recommend therapy with that because without new coping skills, it will be difficult to keep the anxiety at bay. The goal is to wean off the meds and be able to handle stressful situations on your own. You do physical exercise but what about exercising your mind? Meditation is a powerful tool. So is uncovering your fears. All I can say is what worked for me. I do hope you reach out and get help soon. You are not alone.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Richsac89

I have a thread on the health forum. In that forum, someone gives a recommendation for anxiety.

hope it helps

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Neith
bodyecology.com... - finding the root cause of a disorder. Parasites.

When there is inflammation in the gut, this can lead to inflammation in the brain. Likewise, inflammation in the brain has also been linked to directly cause inflammation in the gut. Inflammation of the brain will cause mental distress, like depression, anxiety, and cognitive disorders.

www.longecity.org... Testimonials.

Read It.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
Sorry to hear that you have so many issues going on.
You say that you have to take one day at a time - but even that is too much - why not take each instant at a time? Is every instant of each day good or bad? Thought may say 'I am having a bad day' - but is that true - is the whole day bad - is that thought 'I am having a bad day' believed - or questioned?
Worrying about 'what happened' or 'what might happen' never feels good - because it is not true now. - it is just like a horror story running over what is really happening. What is true now is what is appearing - colour, sounds, sensations. Of course 'what is happening' is not very exciting and the mind cannot do anything with what actually is - but it is peace.
The only advice I can give is see and hear what there really is. Jesus was said to be teaching the blind to see and the deaf to hear. All those stories appearing in the mind can be seen and heard to be happening - you are not what the stories talk about and you are not doing the story telling either - you are only ever the witness to the stories - you never appear in them - you are what is seeing them.
The videos may help you realise that you are what is seeing.
Saint Francis of Assisi said 'We are looking for what is looking'.
Seek the seeker and it will all be over.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Neith

There is only one

way to stop it.

This is the way - but the mind makes believe there is another.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

There is only one

way to stop it.

This is the way - but the mind makes believe there is another.

Yes see, you get it!

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Oh yes!!

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   

It is so simple - what is IS. But the mind will never see it because the mind appears in the seeing.
edit on 27-3-2017 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Yes it is.

You're right, so right.
edit on 27-3-2017 by Neith because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Sorry - I don't get it - Jason?

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 03:43 AM
link   

typo sorry.

What do you believe is real?

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 03:45 AM
link   

There isn't any thing real but this is appearing to be.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Yes however appearances are deceiving, if one is unaware of being deceived. I personally find no honor in those who deceive where harm can proceed. This world we think is real, is anything but real. But those within it are real. Therefore the rule of decency kindness and common sense should rule no matter.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 03:58 AM
link   

What do I believe is real?

Nothing, save the goodness in humaniity. Other than that, there is nothing else.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Yes however appearances are deceiving, if one is unaware of being deceived. I personally find no honor in those who deceive where harm can proceed. This world we think is real, is anything but real. But those within it are real. Therefore the rule of decency kindness and common sense should rule no matter.

What is appearing is what there is. But thoughts and words also appear, that tell stories that will be believed, if there is a belief in things.
There is no need to worry about anyone - because there isn't anyone -there is just what is happening - what is IS.
It is worrying about what isn't (was or will be) that is the problem.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 04:09 AM
link   

True that is, but we still must depend on technology in order to live with ease. And without which, our lives would be most miserable and wanton.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join