It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help! I have horrible Anxiety.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
a reply to: kwakakev

One trick that may help during a bad anxiety attack is to repetitively recall a series of numbers that are out of order, for example 7, 3, 11, 8, 5. By keeping the brain busy on something it helps reign in its natural tendency to go a bit haywire at times.

Actually on topic . I remember seeing or hearing once that pointing your finger to the sky and moving it side to side while following with your eyes will ward of a panic attack . Two minutes comes to mind .

Yes because it is the mind chatter which is making the body fill with fear. Stop thinking and there is nothing to fear.

The cure to 'what is not happening is what IS happening'. Look and listen and there is no fear. It is only when the attention is on the stories about you in time that fear will arise - but you are not in time (that is just thought trying to protect you in the future) - you are always here now - seeing and hearing what there is. So see and hear what there is and notice that thought is speaking about what is not here and now - thought just makes believe.

edit on 26-3-2017 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Richsac89

I just stumbled upon your post and just wanted to say that mental wellbeing should be looked at the same as you do for your physical wellbeing.
Say you had some problem with a leg or whatever you wouldn't hesitate to see an appropriate clinician, same with anything emotional or of the mind.

Your age is irrelevant, if you are suffering then speak to someone who deals with this stuff every day, they will care, that is usually why they do that job.

Many people suffer anxiety and it can be really debilitating, I've experienced it myself off and on through my life but have developed my own coping strategies. One of which is to smile about whatever thing is worrying me in my mind and turning the emotion into excitement for the challenge. Fear and excitement are really similar bedfellows.

Whatever you do, speak to someone you trust in real life and keep strong inside that you will manage it when you find your personal strategy.

Kindest thoughts your way from SW England, we are all stronger than we realise, and you are too.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Try Black Seed Oil.Helps with anxiety,depression and panic attacks.
I agree with you not wanting to go the medical drug route as of now.
There are many testimonies on the internet and youtube.Check it out for yourself.

I hope I could be of some help.

edit on 26-3-2017 by Naruhodo because: youtube embed

edit on 26-3-2017 by Naruhodo because: typo

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Great thread. My wife and oldest daughter have BAD anxiety. It comes out mostly with insomnia and OCD with them.

We have managed to control most of it with Ayurverdic cuisines and yoga/meditation. It is super important to ground yourself and have the ability to work through an anxiety on your own. Our purpose in figuring out how to do it on your own was because we travel a bit and a doc isn't always readily available and meds get expensive.

I highly recommend looking into Ayurverdic eating habits and incorporate meditation into your daily routine twice a day or more. The meditation doesn't have to be long, but I would say do as long as possible before bed. Good sleep will make a mountain of difference.

It takes a couple months to get it into a habitual daily exercise, but combined with the right food you will notice a significant decrease in anxiety. Just don't revert after as it will significantly increase your anxiety exponentially.

Dealing with it is a complete change of life really, but if it is as bad as you say in your family, and you are committed, you will succeed. We have 3 kids and it's the only way to keep sane.

Ayurverdic is mostly Indian cuisine, which I love, but you can definitely incorporate the spices used in many types of dishes so you're not limited.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
bodyecology.com... - finding the root cause of a disorder. Parasites.

When there is inflammation in the gut, this can lead to inflammation in the brain. Likewise, inflammation in the brain has also been linked to directly cause inflammation in the gut. Inflammation of the brain will cause mental distress, like depression, anxiety, and cognitive disorders.

www.longecity.org... Testimonials.

edit on 26-3-2017 by Neith because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

originally posted by: hutch622
a reply to: kwakakev

One trick that may help during a bad anxiety attack is to repetitively recall a series of numbers that are out of order, for example 7, 3, 11, 8, 5. By keeping the brain busy on something it helps reign in its natural tendency to go a bit haywire at times.

Actually on topic . I remember seeing or hearing once that pointing your finger to the sky and moving it side to side while following with your eyes will ward of a panic attack . Two minutes comes to mind .

Yes because it is the mind chatter which is making the body fill with fear. Stop thinking and there is nothing to fear.

The cure to 'what is not happening is what IS happening'. Look and listen and there is no fear. It is only when the attention is on the stories about you in time that fear will arise - but you are not in time (that is just thought trying to protect you in the future) - you are always here now - seeing and hearing what there is. So see and hear what there is and notice that thought is speaking about what is not here and now - thought just makes believe.

Funny you say this. I have trained my brain to "shut down" when I lay down in bed. No matter what is going on and even noise I can fall asleep within 5 minutes. My wife hates it. I don't know how I accomplished it, but I can literally blank everything out and completely shut noise out. Now full disclosure, I don't sleep heavy really, as if I hear an unusual or distressed sound while asleep, it will wake me, but somehow my sleeping brain is able to process these sounds and wake me when they are truly something to worry about.

I have 3 kids and I have yet to be awakened by them when they are just being kids, but when there is a fear based sound or action, it wakes me instantly.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: PapagiorgioCZ
I'd ignore this this "there's pill for everything" mindset. The brain gets used to any chemical at any level after a while. There are people able to drink 20 beers and not get really drunk.
If you are searching for useful herbs it won't be downers. I've found that some of the testosterone boosters can highten anxiety to the level of panic attack. I like stabilizers of neurotransmitters like Ashwagandha and herbs balancing hormones like Nettle root tincture and Sex Hormone Binding Globulin blockers.. Ginger can help you with T and stomach at the same time. Skullcap is a good downer. It's kind of aphrodisiac which is on the opposite side of anxiety. L-Theanine, B-vitamins.

Certainly not benzodiazepines!

However it probably won't help either. Your anxiety's root is deeper. No chemical can resolve a spiritual problem. Brain chemistry is not the cause but a result. It's something in your family history, maybe in your DNA, or something you mirrored as a child so it became a part of your personality. You can feel it but you don't know the cause. What you need is a religion and to share it with your family. Psychotherapy-like talks about Buddhism, Christianity... you can fight it together or you can win the dispute and separate yourself this way. Relieve your father and you'll probably relieve yourself. Find the root instead of running from it. Chase the root like dog hunting the fox.

a pill helped me. If you have a chemical imbalance, pills do help.

I do not advise to overdose or use them for long periods of time, but until you can get to the "root problem", pill will most certainly help.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

originally posted by: TarzanBeta
Don't preach what you haven't experienced.

Why do you say that? Do you assume that I have not experienced years and years of anxiety?
I have experienced anxiety - not now though.
Did you listen to the links? Are you willing to look afresh from another angle?

You have not found the way out - but I have so maybe it is worth watching the videos.

dont preach that pills do not help when there is evidence that it greatly helps.

I respect your no pill resolution but it takes most people a long time to figure out their root problem. In the meanwhile, why suffer? Lets say you never figure it out for the rest of your life? Why suffer for the rest of your life. Part of finding your root problem is the journey.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Hi Richsac89,

I'm not sure if you are religious or believe in god. If its running in your family...it's generational and therapy and meds may or may not work. I personally pray and have asked god to help my mind and not focus on those type of thoughts all day, every day. You should get Joyce Meyer's book, Battlefield of the Mind. It will really help your thoughts.....you have to break those anxious thought all day, it's a habit and you need to re-train your mind with positive thoughts only..

Blessings and deliverance to you and your family!

edit on 26-3-2017 by MadamePenn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: MadamePenn

With that said...you do not NEED religion to get better. However, putting your faith into something...whether it be God, the universe, Karma, or just the thought of "everythings going to be ok" does help.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Yessir, I'm an expert......it's me, I'm the worst

So I garden even through the winter and so I l have to have a cash flow to support what I do to avoid winter greys......or grays....grey days

Any extra time is scrambling to get something accomplished or built

Discovered wild hog chasing at night out my back o gate....so convenient....take my thermal looker....Zeus 2 just in my hand looped around my neck...takes cash flow...I trade forex.

Antsy trader ha...ha....I put the image out that I'm embracing the struggle...but really. Jesus saves me every time I don't do enough...gotta go......
edit on 26-3-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

Editt to add....secretary, get me that phone call.......what , no ones called......then call someone for me......I don't know just anybody

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: intrptr

Until you stop. Then you're right back where you left off, plus those "side effects".

If one has to stop any medication, they should taper off and not just stop completely. I have been on mine for years and it helps.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

me as well. I take half of what I used to tho. And I can go a few days without...but i do notice the anxiety swelling again and hurry and take them bc I DO NOT want to go back there.

Do I notice a part of myself is missing creatively? I have always wondered about that. When I was younger I would notice when i didnt take my meds I would get anxious but would also notice a creative wind.

Now not so much. I feel I have found myself and I am the same with our without creatively. Just do not want to be anxious again.

There is a very good documentary on Jeff Tweedy from Wilco. He went thru depression and had to be put on meds. He feared and became extremely anxious that he would not be able to write anymore and he found out...that he was just fine. He felt great actually.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

I don't have time to watch the vids right now in their entirety. Anxiety and depression is different for everyone. Mine isn't as bad as some people in here. The things that I may worry about or that may bother me are not that simple to put aside. I have lost both Parents and almost lost my Husband a number of times. I have been through cancer, in an accident hit by a minivan as a pedestrian, have pain every day of my life because of spinal stenosis and other back issues, nerve damage that can be very painful, seen loved ones suffer in one way or another. It can be haunting even on a subconscious level.

I can be inspiring to others, laugh and enjoy life, but I have to take one day at a time. I have my good days and my bad days. There are diversions such as meditation, reading a great book, watching a great movie, getting involved in a hobby, spending quality time with family and friends etc., but there are many days where I may be struggling with physical pain, worrying about it getting worse, worrying about losing a family member or friend as I have lost many people through the years etc. I feel things deeply and care very much. It's not easy for me to just let it all go.

Thanks for your reply. I'll try to watch the vids when time allows.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

I once tried taking less of a pill for nerve damage and I would get these sharp shooting pains and numbness in my legs. It was like someone taking a hot poker and trying to brand you. My God that hurt soooo bad. I realized I had to take them every day or forget it! I can take up to three a day, but I sometimes take one or two a day and I'm fine. My anxiety meds though I need every day.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Until you stop. Then you're right back where you left off, plus those "side effects".

If one has to stop any medication, they should taper off and not just stop completely. I have been on mine for years and it helps.

oh my god yes...this is VITALLY important and not all docs tell you or know this.........my daughter has a history of anxiety most of her life....many therapy sessions with a great therapist and the correct meds and she is doing really well!

the person who suggested the follow the finger with the eyes... it is called IMDR (eye movement desensitation processing)they use this for veterans and others suffering from post tramatic stress.... you think about the stressful situation and the therapist moves their finger back and forth while you follow with your eyes, it worked really well for my daughter but you have to be careful....should have someone trained in it to have you go through it.

this link has good info
consults.blogs.nytimes.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I was on drugs for years and I certainly thought they were helping me, too...

As it turned out the problem was me. I was using drugs to cover that up. Night Star I appreciate your sentiment, but you put me in this little box of argument where your only position seems to be "it works for me..."

everyone is different.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Sounds like the only sport you do is weights and stuff. Try a team or combat sport, it should burn off that anxiety. It's my belief that it is just bottled up adrenalin and such like, because you lack an outlet.

I'm no doctor, but a fast ride on a bike, a couple of rounds in a boxing ring or a game of rugby or footy generally works wonders for me when I am feeling uptight.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Ok, in otherwise healthy people...
There's another tool and a way how to look at it. A sleep disorder:
Imagine what I think is a common situation: being anxious insomniac at night when falling asleep.
An indefinite feeling during the day gets closer and louder as you are approaching your subconscious. It is too intense so you skip it. You are trying to ignore it, to think about something else, sometimes you need a downer, a beer maybe.

When I was doing a brainwave research I was experimenting with a NP2 set called sleep induction. It was actually making me freaking anxious. It's a real deal to stay calm, focused and conscious with this very slowly slowing down rhythm below the Schumann frequency to 6 Hz, 5,9 Hz, 5,8 Hz, 5,5 Hz...etc. I think it was in the instructions or maybe a book where they said that children have a different EEG pattern when falling asleep. A nice gradual curve from their waking level slowly down through alpha, theta into delta and the same back up. As we grow older we use to skip the theta waves, or some portion of it, sometimes a very large portion of the whole spectrum right into delta. We just fall unconscious to wake into the same beta anxious mindset next morning without a slow theta awaking. We never restart or defrag our computer, we just hibernate because we fear something in our subconscious. Something in the memory. Neurofeedback can force you right into the center of the fear because it sees exactly what frequency you are skipping.
What I learned from the stuff is that there isn't fear of death or doom in the future down there.
There's rather a specific now and especially the past. Old traumas, sins etc. When we start to ignore some part of us it just finds another way during the day and we give this emotion a false label on a surface. It's like a split personality. Drugs just make you dumber. It won't disappear.
Everytime I crossed the line and got little deeper I've met with myself there, my own lost beautiful energy, empathy and lost wisdom. I can imagine people can have seriously screwed minds. People with PTSD who have seen horrible things, killed people in a combat etc. They should still be able to flower with most beautiful fragrance from the sadness root. Runing from your self is like letting the devil to use the sin to take your soul/life. Modern tools and Forgiveness

Of course it can be reached in a prayer and meditation but the mind is able to do tricks to run away.

Or
It's not your anxiety but you can feel someone else, maybe everyone else. It's the most disturbing, horrible and maybe the most beautiful option. It's horrible because the possibilities and the number of suffering beings is endless. Is human able to survive the touch of God's Mind and Heart?

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Don't listen to people saying you must go see a doctor. Doctors are usually good for nothing where this is concerned, the same goes for psychologists. I too have had a problem with anxiety/depression/malaise.

Why, I ask you, must the problem always be a brain disorder or chemical imblanance, especially when psychologists consistently FAIL to point to any specific cause in the brain for many so called "psychological disorders"? A bit presumptuous on their part to go around "diagnosing" people, perhaps? Speaking far outside the bounds of their province and expertise, perhaps?

Your problem could just as well be moral, metaphysical, or existential in nature. Human beings have been so steeped in morality and metaphysics from our very beginning, and in fact we have a psychological/existential need for it.

Look inward for moral causes, look into yourself and think of who you really are. Now ask yourself: am I truly doing what I should be doing? Am I doing the things I am meant to do, perhaps was born to do? What are those things; are there even any at all?

Likely you'll find no immediate answers, and therein lies part of the problem. In short, figure out your own nature, and then figure out what you're doing that, so to speak, disagrees with it or is even poisonous to it.
edit on 26-3-2017 by Talorc because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join