It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help! I have horrible Anxiety.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 05:43 AM
link   
My dad has it, my aunt has it. Cancer and stomach ulcer also runs in the family so any prolonged body pain makes me drive myself to the ER. Been there three within the past three years and all tests are always negative. I am physically fit but my anxiety kills me mentally which in turn affects me physically.

I haven't tried taking any classes nor went to see the physician for my anxiety because I feel that I am still to young at 27. I exercise very often both weights and cardio but I feel that anxiety is inherited and imprinted in me. I wake up every morning worrying about nonsense and even slap myself sometimes to force the rest of myself up mentally. No matter how much testosterone and confidence I try to increase from lifting weights and staying fit, the anxiety will always eventually fade back in talking me down.

Now I noticed that there seems to be two types of anxiety. One is where a person can't stop running their mouth. All is expressed, annoyingly, with run on sentences without the person even knowing and they budge into everyone's subject and conversations. I suffer from the latter which is more mental. I over think so much that I'm afraid to even talk because of disapproval or don't want to be bothersome. I've tried Ambien before so I know that the voices can be turned off its just I don't want to rely on meds at my age.

I've been a member here for a few years now, mostly lurking, and I would love for anyone here to help me with any advice on keeping my anxiety in check. Thanks

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Richsac89

Is Kavakava legal where you are?

If so I suggest you try it - I use it and it really does help one chillax.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I guess you don't want to hear this, but sorry... you need to go see a doctor. A psychiatrist. They can help with therapy and meds, if needed.

Some here might tell you to meditate or change your diet. Those things will help, but I don't think they will make it all go away. You need some help from a professional trained to deal with it.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 05:53 AM
link   

left handers, pink floyd animals, and chill.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Here's the best advice you're going to get : Stop looking for answers from a bunch of strangers on the internet and Go. See. A. Doctor. Stop looking for a quick fix or miracle cure. Treating the symptoms does not fix the cause.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Well, I'd like to offer some support and tell you that, IMO, anxiety knows no 'age' requirement. I know someone who is quite young (19) and suffers through anguishing and debilitating (at times) bouts of anxiety.
I don't think it could hurt to try meditation or calming/relaxation techniques, perhaps yoga.
When the person that I know is showing signs of a bout coming on, I find that giving her detailed tasks with a specific goal is helpful. Maybe it occupies that part of her mind and changes her focus, somehow.
Are you able to go outside where you live, in nature? Take long walks in the woods or on a beach, for example?
I don't think it's a bad thing to seek out someone to talk to, like a counselor. They may not recommend medication and you can tell them up front that you are not interested in that path at this time.

Good luck to you and I hope you find some relief.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

And pigs might fly !

* wait ...

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Welcome to my world. I ad anxiety all my life, also inherited and now I'm almost 50 and it's still there.

However...

I can't really give advise as everyone is different but the single most important thing that helped me most was being prescribed SSRis. Also know that takes 2 weeks to work and for you to feel balanced and normal rather than stoned.
Some people have to try more than one, but when it works you feel like a new person.
Anxiety, especially inherited one is a result of wonky ion channels in the brain which produce too much serotonin.

Apart from that, I know what not to do. I had to go to therapy twice and it was a waste of time for everyone. Especially if it is CBT. It doesn't work for inherited anxiety.

One other thing that has really helped me is neural reprogramming. It isn't mumbo jumbo but uses your subconscious to deal with all the crap and leaves your conscious alone to do day to day things.

Everyone does this different. It is basically a way for your brain to deal with anxiety without the 'main you' needing to be involved by giving your body orders.
As you can't really 'talk' to your brain as such, you need an interpreter.

I personally have a Sensei, who I talk to and give orders to assign 'people' to different tasks, he is the go between from me to my body. This may sound far out but it is actually scientifically totally valid [or I wouldn't really do it, plus it really works].
The more crazy, the better it works [like mnemonics]. I have a group of anxiety assassins now dealing with any budding fear. I was bad about a year ago, literally every thought I had resulted in a jolt of anxiety.

Now it's about 85% better.

Read up on it, it takes some time but I wish you all the best.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Yeah it sounds that its your mind that plays with you, i would suggest to learn about meditation, it can help you to quiet your mind and in process gives you time to regenerate your health, amongst other great benefits like clearer awareness of surroundings/situations and so on.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Now I noticed that there seems to be two types of anxiety.

Nope. There is only one. People will express it differently though.

I over think so much that I'm afraid to even talk because of disapproval or don't want to be bothersome. I've tried Ambien before so I know that the voices can be turned off its just I don't want to rely on meds at my age.

I wish I could tell you there is some kind of majic cure for it. alot of people don't even believe feelings of irrational panic can exist. I know I used to not even believe anxiety was a real thing until recent years. Watching myself and recognizing when I start snowballing those kind of thoughts and distracting myself for a while helps me. When I start to get that feeling it starts in my stomach and my whole body feels it. It never is really gone though, some days are better than others. The first time I had a panic attack I felt like I was dying physically.

I will force myself to get lost in a good book, movie, video game, go outside and shoot the bow, or go fishing, walk the dogs, or anything that forces me to take my mind off whatever I am obsessing about. many times I can't be around people when I'm like this because it takes energy all the time to keep the anxiety in check especially keeping those walls up around others so they don't see what a freak you think you are. It can be exhausting and being alone helps me recharge.

Insomnia is a big problem for me. I can tell you to quit caffeine if you drink it. Don't smoke cigarrettes a few hours before bedtime. Turn off the lights,TV,phone, whatever emits a light. And something that helped me is magnesium oil. Spray some on your feet at night and put some socks on. Most people are magnesium deficient and its a key metal your bodys nerves need.

edit on 25-3-2017 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   

BOO !!!

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

And pigs might fly !

I know of some pigs that fly . 3 different ones .

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Mere rumours spouted by Sheep ... or Dogs !

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
I guess you don't want to hear this, but sorry... you need to go see a doctor. A psychiatrist. They can help with therapy and meds, if needed.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: BestinShow

This thread isn't about me, but way to go injecting political differences into a thread that has nothing to do with politics.

link   

Are there specific thoughts or mental processes which set off your anxiety?

link   

Mere rumours spouted by Sheep ... or Dogs !

I should have realised that . Perhaps they were obscured by clouds .

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   

You would be correct according to the Lord Ummagumma !
edit on 25-3-2017 by Timely because: Pleads for no - off topic censorship as these are all worthy therapeutic reccomendations ...

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Trust him to meddle .

ETA , almost needs its own thread .
edit on 25-3-2017 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   

I wish he was here ...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join