It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London attacker was British born and known to MI5

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

It still doesn't change the fact that they'll still get in.

Can you imagine the egg on the face of a country that did what so many here are calling for, close up their borders tight and a terrorist attack STILL happens? Especially if it's determined to have been someone that got in despite the border closures..

I can here them saying it now...challenge accepted.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Unless there are thousands of people known to MI5.

As much as they probably would like to, they can't watch every single person, all of the time.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

The point is, shutting down the borders would have done jack all in stopping this, and future attacks.

How about guardrails? When I saw the Westminster open bridge deck I went uh huh, "incident" waiting to happen.

Even a few posts sunk in concrete would have deterred it. I guess the budget to blow up the world is more demanding than simple measures at home to guard against even the most simple of accidents, intentional or not.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Man I got dragged over the coals for this opinion a couple of days ago.

Strange that others would take you to task for articulating an observation that can be backed up with empirical evidence. I would suggest that if you expressed what I did then those taking you to task would be SJW's who are experts in denying / ignoring reality.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

None of the attacks on the UK have been carried out by immigrants, closing our borders will achieve nothing in stopping future attacks it will just play into the hands of those who wish to divide us.

And doing nothing will play into the hands of those who wish to kill you.

You are dividing yourselves, wake up.

edit on 3/23/2017 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   
What to do with home grown terrorists?

Deport them!

Two German-born ISIS terror suspects will be deported to their parents' homelands in the first case of its kind as the country gets tough on extremists

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
As i said yesterday in another thread regarding the attack.

"...and known to MI5"

I said that i bet that the suspect will be known to the "anti-terror" agencies, and that only flops, failures and fumbles of the "protectors" made this attack possible, again...

I was watching "security experts" (MI6 agents) last week discussing the terror threat. They were saying that at any one time in the UK, there are up to 500 active terror investigations. If you think of the number of officers needed on each investigation and how that is only a small part of daily Policing needs, and then consider how small our population is, it is a wonder we manage to stop most attacks against us.

Frankly, given the circumstances, i think our Security Services do an incredible job, even if occasionally they "drop the ball".

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

In that case, there are some things the British and the Americans need to do first, as two of the key representative states of what is laughably called the free world. First, cease any and all military action anywhere in the Middle East, overt or covert. Stop selling arms to nations like Saudi Arabia or any nation which does not have a solely secular and democratic governance. Stop giving intelligence support to those nations.

Our EVERY action in the Middle East has in recent history, and indeed for decades, created more terrorism than it solved, whether that be air raids, drone strikes, or occupation of other nations territory by our armed forces. These things do not cease terror, they create terrorists, by the dozens for every innocent killed by those actions.

If we cease the violence we permit, then we take away more than sixty percent of the impetus that drives people into the arms of radicals in the first place.
edit on 23-3-2017 by TrueBrit because: grammatical error removed

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

The point is, shutting down the borders would have done jack all in stopping this, and future attacks.

Actually i disagree to a certain point . The more muslims entering england the more those already living there will become emboldened .
edit on 23-3-2017 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Deport them!

Two German-born ISIS terror suspects will be deported to their parents' homelands in the first case of its kind as the country gets tough on extremists

www.dailymail.co.uk...

If they are "home grown", where are you supposed to deport them to?

CX

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Prime ministers spokesperson just said that they will name the assailant as soon as they are "able to do so".

I appreciate that for operational reasons they may not be able to just release the name straight away.

CX.
edit on 23/3/17 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Deport them!

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Antarctica.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Your argument is so absurd I don't even know where to begin.

I hope you realize it's much harder to smuggle a person into a country than it is to smuggle a weapon, or drugs, etc.

If you actually have a border, one that is enforced, it becomes very difficult for people to get into the country undetected. Your leaders and politicians know this, they just rely on people like you to keep disseminating ignorance so that they don't have to act.

And lastly, just because a temporary solution won't stop all the problems doesn't mean it shouldn't be implemented to stop some problems. If you keep doing nothing about it, things will only get worse.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

That's bureaucracy in action.

Off topic, but when Princess Diana died in that French tunnel, I wondered how the hell can a tunnel have exposed pillars?! Why wouldn't they put Armco along it?

May have saved her life.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   

How is it absurd??

You're utterly ignorant if you think token borders will stop motivated, and financed individuals.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

just WTF ?

ok lets humour you for on second

and assume that " guard rails " were fitted on west minster bridge - hey lets go full retard and " guard rail" all london bridges

that still leaves 20 thousand kilometers of road way in " london " - want to estimate a cost to guard rail all that too

you cannot protect EVERYTHING against EVERY threat

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

I agree whole heartedly with points 1 and and 3. However point two, you make it sound as if it's societies fault for their isolation when in fact it's more so the Religion and culture of the Muslims themselves. Many choose to remain seperate and not assimilate. They choose not to have friends outside their norms. What's the point of having people in your country who don't share the core values of your society?

I'm tired of the "small minority" argument. If that were the case than the "vast majority" of peaceful Muslims should shut down the Wahabbi hate factory Mosques which ALWAYS seem to be ground zero for these jihadis. Is that happening? The Muslim community needs to take a long hard look inward at what they are doing. They currently are on a very bad path and need to change direction.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

- hey lets go full retard and " guard rail" all london bridges

Every_single_bridge overpass here has them...

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   

actually - without intelligence [ forewarning the security services that a particular vehicle inbound has contraband ] - its very easy to smuggle anything person sized or smalller into the UK

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Deport them!

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Here.

Two German-born ISIS terror suspects will be deported to their parents' homelands in the first case of its kind as the country gets tough on extremists.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join