It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London attacker was British born and known to MI5

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Theresa May has just confirmed that the perpetrator of yesterdays cowardly attack was British born and had been previously known to security services , once again a Brit has attacked Britain and the attack was not , as some would like to think , related to immigration.

What I can confirm is the man was British born and that some years ago he was once investigated by MI5 in relation to concerns about violent extremism. He was a peripheral figure. The case is historic. He is not part of the current intelligence picture.
www.theguardian.com...

+13 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   
It's just part of the growing problem of 2nd and 3rd generation immigrants to Muslim families become radicalised. It's sad as more often than not their parents harbour no extremist tendacies and do not support Wahhabism or groups that follow it.

I say once again the problem is Mosques, Schools and Online Propagandists that are funded by, or have direct links to Saudi Arabia and as a result they preach Wahhabism.

The majority of British recruits to the Islamic State and "Moderate" opposition in Syria were British born but radicalised in this way.

The terrorist attacks will continue, and probably escalate as long as we continue to tolerate the House of Saud's blatant and open radicalisation of Western Muslims.

There's also the growing problem of Muslim enclaves, where a minority Muslims do not feel accepted by larger society and isolate themselves from the rest of the country. These are hotbeds for radicalisation since quite often the only mosques they have access too are the extremist Wahhabi ones. I don't have a solution for that one though.

Finally there's the issue of home-grown non-violent extremists, who instead of plotting terrorist attacks merely occupy themselves with the spreading of terrorist propaganda in their communities, in addition to donating their money to the extremist mosques and "charity" organisations with links to the terrorists. That's a big problem.

+11 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Despite immigration being a hot topic these days, whether or not this man was an immigrant seems irrelevant.

Islamic culture is the same whether it was home grown or imported.

+11 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Correct, the cowardly attack was not related to immigration - it was, once again, related to Islam and some #-wits interpretation of it.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   

not, as some would like to think , related to immigration.

Not immigration related BUT "inspired by Islamic ideology"...why not mention that Red Flag?

What I can confirm is the man was British born and that some years ago he was once investigated by MI5 in relation to concerns about violent extremism. He was a peripheral figure. The case is historic. He is not part of the current intelligence picture.

There was no prior intelligence of his intent or the plot. Intensive investigations continue …Our working assumption is that the attacker was inspired by Islamist ideology. We know the threat from Islamist terrorism is very real. But while the public should remain utterly vigilant the

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

The point is, shutting down the borders would have done jack all in stopping this, and future attacks.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

one thing will never stop all of the attacks, but slowing down the flood of refugees... vetting them and bringing in the ones that want to be British seems like a much better plan than accepting that the EU says they are all safe let them all in.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

The point is, shutting down the borders would have done jack all in stopping this, and future attacks.

Shutting down the border may not have prevented this attack.

But how can you say that about future attacks? Can you see into the future?

Are the next terrorist attacks to hit Europe all going to be committed by domestic terrorists?

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Not immigration related BUT "inspired by Islamic ideology"

Inspired by a warped version of Islamic ideology , you can not tar a whole people with the same brush of the criminal few.
It will likely be shown that the attacker had a criminal past and wasn't a devout Muslim , this attack and probably the perpetrator looks to be following a familiar pattern.

Bad people do bad things.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Agreed.

The problem here is the very vocal people who want a blanket Muslim ban, and then influential radical extremists using this and getting in the heads of young, easily influenced (not necessarily this guy in this instance) men and convincing that carrying out terrorist attacks is their only option.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Well said. The fact is most Muslims live harmless lives within our societies. Many of the people interviewed yesterday were also Muslim - equally disgusted with this (and other) attacks.

Hate only ever divides us.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

How can you say closing the borders WILL stop future attacks?

I can play the same game as you.

We don't know what will happen in the future, I imagine though, that undesirables will still get in if they so choose.

It's the same as banning guns. Whatever crippling gun laws you introduce, the undesirables will still get them.

edit on 23/3/17 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Inspired by a warped version of Islamic ideology , you can not tar a whole people with the same brush of the criminal few.

It's not a few.

National Centre for Scientific Research (2017): 32% of young Muslims in France adhere to 'fundamentalist views.' 33% believe violence for 'ideological' goals is acceptable. 24% of young Muslims do not condemn the Charlie Hebdo massacre, and 21% do not condemn the Bataclan massacre.

Source

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

How can you say closing the borders WILL stop future attacks?

I can play the same game as you.

We don't know what will happen in the future, I imagine though, that undesirables will still get in if they so choose.

It's the same as banning guns. Whatever crippling gun laws you introduce, the undesirables will still get them.

Particularly as he was a British citizen. Not quite sure how you close borders against your own!

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Man I got dragged over the coals for this opinion a couple of days ago.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   

edit on 3/23/2017 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Man I got dragged over the coals for this opinion a couple of days ago.

Of course you did, because ATS is sinking down the hate bandwagon at an ever accelerating pace.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   

I can say that closing the borders for an indefinite amount of time will prevent the attacks from increasing in frequency.

None of the attacks on the UK have been carried out by immigrants , closing our borders will achieve nothing in stopping future attacks it will just play into the hands of those who wish to divide us.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   
As i said yesterday in another thread regarding the attack.

"...and known to MI5"

I said that i bet that the suspect will be known to the "anti-terror" agencies, and that only flops, failures and fumbles of the "protectors" made this attack possible, again...

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   

It's too late to close your borders. Homegrown terrorists are already there because of lax immigration practices.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join