It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigrants are going hungry so Trump won’t deport them

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

If you can't see it by now, then you can't see.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Bring back the soup lines. If you want free food, get off your rear and go to a soup kitchen. No more of this corporate welfare disguised as food stamps.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

And yet, on top of SNAP, the USDA operates a Commodities Distribution Program.

It operates on reservations and to elderly seniors.

So why doesn't it work to hand out actual food again?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

What are you trying to prove here other than Trump orders the more expensive burger, that only addicts and people that are so poor they can ONLY afford McDonalds get?

You're comparing the poor, to people that order large because that's all they ever order. I doubt he waited in line for it. There is no significant duality in Trump eating the most popular chain on the planet. Once. In a photo. Your post is as seriously taken as your avatar, so you might want to change that if your goal is to 'trigger' people.

I've eaten McDonalds 100 times since I've last seen that photo. Is there a newer one by chance? Or is the MickyD's in the White House not operational yet?
edit on 16-3-2017 by MacK80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

If you can't see it by now, then you can't see.

Oh I see what you believe, the problem is that I disagree with you and you haven't offered up any compelling reasons for me to agree with you. If you want to believe I am heartless for seeing that the US doesn't have enough money in its budget to pay for everyone in every other country to eat, then so be it. That reality is quite aside from what my actual desires are. It's just that I don't let my emotions cloud my understanding of the mathematical realities of the situation and I'd rather this country not experience financial crash because then we will all be screwed.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

That's what I was saying. If they can't budget that money and buy steak instead of more basic items then that means they run out and go hungry after that until next month. So they need to learn to spend correctly. That's on them. I don't feel sorry for someone who get's help and then wastes it all. But if they're able to buy steak and still make it out ok then good for them. I'm not going to judge them or presume they're spending wrong.

There are some restrictions on items. Not sure if it's the same everywhere but I know here in Cali there is and they're pretty strict on it too. Stores just wont sell those items on food stamps because they won't get reimbursed for them.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: MacK80
Your post is as seriously taken as your avatar, so you might want to change that if your goal is to 'trigger' people.

Actually, it seems to be working quite well on you.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Close to what I favor.

I think we should figure out an amount that's below the average income for the US by enough that someone on this amount can scrape by without being comfortable. Then we basically voucher it to recipient households in monthly or bimonthly amounts.

Scrap all the bureaucracies that handle all the household management programs for the poor now.

Them expect the poor to manage their own business from them on for everything just like the rest of us do.

Structure the program so that they can get jobs and not lose everything but build the program so that they can only get up to average household income before the vouchers start to cut out and lessen until they are off assistance entirely.

And only US citizens. And if folks end up homeless or starving, then that's on them just like it would be for any of us not on programs.
edit on 16-3-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

You can hand out some food. It still works a little bit. When I lived in a small town in the mountains they had a program like that. But in a population of a few hundred people. But even then they were always short and what was given out was fairly random and not equal for everyone and it required a group of people to organize it all and it was only one day.

You could never do that nation wide. you'd have to have that figured out in every town and for massive amounts of people and you couldn't just have it one day or whatever.

It's not practical at all and would waste so much money paying all the people to organize it and distribute it. Plus tons would be wasted.

Much easier and cheaper to just give food stamp money on cards and all the distribution and everything is handled by stores which already are in control of the stock and everything else.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I can just imagine you're triggered every time you reply also. Doesn't mean I wouldn't be delusional, like you.

We can end it there and continue to talk about the barely relevant subject matter you posted, or we can continue to directly talk about triggers and meme's, up to you I guess.
edit on 16-3-2017 by MacK80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Every dollar spent over a budget puts someone of a country in debt.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

That does happen quite often, then we are back at square one, hungry people.

As far as the restrictions on food items, that would be a store policy then, because government regulations and eligibility allow it.

The Food and Nutrition Act of 2008 (the Act) defines eligible food as any food or food product for home consumption and also includes seeds and plants which produce food for consumption by SNAP households. The Act precludes the following items from being purchased with SNAP benefits: alcoholic beverages, tobacco products, hot food and any food sold for on-premises consumption. Nonfood items such as pet foods, soaps, paper products, medicines and vitamins, household supplies, grooming items, and cosmetics, also are ineligible for purchase with SNAP benefits.
Soft drinks, candy, cookies, snack crackers, and ice cream are food items and are therefore eligible items
Seafood, steak, and bakery cakes are also food items and are therefore eligible items

source

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: MacK80

We can end it there and continue to talk about the barely relevant subject matter you posted, or we can continue to directly talk about triggers and meme's, up to you I guess.

It was perfectly relevant. Did you not see the post I was responding to? You have to admit, it was a well placed picture.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Well, for one thing. We could just about solve the whole Debt thing in about 10 seconds by simply forgetting the whole amount owed in Interest.

Why we're paying interest on our own damn money is just retarded.

Whatever we've paid in so far on the interest is more than enough. The bankers made out plenty on that as it is. Wipe the rest out and worry only about the principle and that's it.

All that interest, both paid and unpaid, is completely fabricated and invented money that has never existed anyway. We can't ever pay it all back and if we actually ever did, then what?? We'd just be back to zero anyway. Sure we'd have zero debt, but we'd also have zero capital also so it makes no sense.

It's all just a big game we invented and now nobody want's to just admit that the little tiny black hole that was there at first has gotten huge and is simply swallowing too much now. But we can also just let it disappear and all it's gonna do is stop giving more to those who already have more than they can ever spend.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I lived next door to a woman and her family that came from Mexico, they lived next door to me for 19 years, I didn't get along with him but his wife and I were really friendly as neighbors. I have recently moved from there, but when I was saying, "Bye" to her she told me this. Her husband broke his arm so he went to the hospital, he's a laborer, she cleans houses, he couldn't get his arm even looked at because unbeknownst to me, they actually became U.S. citizen. What she told me that when they were illegal they got all that they wanted and needed, but they soon found out that 'after' they became citizens they lost all of their 'illegal rights'.. Her words... He literally could not get his arm fixed, he couldn't work without getting it fixed either, so the state that took care of his before, now wouldn't help him at all due to him being legit. Weird stuff right there.
They are both hard workers, even though I had trouble with them in the past I always respected him because I knew they tried.

Here's the thing that I always saw at a Walmart and places that people spent their state money at. They will ALWAYS have a cell phone, a married couple will each have their own, usually they will have a new (expensive) pick-up truck, they will have a 'few' kinds, and usually she will be pregnant. Usually both parents will have more than a few expensive tattoos too. (Yes, I know, they may do them themselves, but I seriously doubt that is the case every time)
ALL of my neighbors did this stuff, the couple across the street from me both were bilking the government saying they were unable to works, I watched her run to her car once when it started raining so she could roll up the windows. She smoked about 2 packs a day according to her, both of their adult sons lived with them. She even tried to get it to where the postman would have to deliver her mail to her door instead of her walking to the curb where the mailbox was. They were all super lazy and fat, she smoked weed with her sons and ate pizza which was delivered about 3-4 times per week.
He is Mexican and she is white, they are on welfare and also get their disability checks monthly.

I say all of that to say that it's rampart there, everywhere I would look I see that, the state's money (our money) is so abused it is mind boggling. I can't understand how an illegal immigrant can come here and get a new vehicle and buy a house. How can that happen?

One more thing, something was brought up before in this thread about having a lot of kids, the rhythm method does not work. I cannot tell you how many times I would see a 17-18 year old girl pregnant pushing a baby carriage with a kid walking behind her.

I honestly care about people too, we cannot feed the entire world, we don't even take care of our own. How would YOU feel if YOUR family was turned away because you were a citizen and couldn't get any help? If it were YOU would that sink in? I saw way too much of this abuse firsthand and know what is done with a lot of the money.
Yes, I do realize that not all of the legal or illegal immigrants are this way, but I can say without a doubt that the Dallas, Texas area sure is. I lived in that area since 1962 up until last year, so I can say that I learned a thing or two about what happens.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

I don't see a problem with that. Basically you're allowed to buy Food. Unprepared food that you have to prepare yourself. Food made that's ready to eat right then you aren't allowed to get. In most cases anyway. I'm sure supermarket deli's get a pass. But no fast food or whatever.

No booze or smokes. Good. Candy and soda's I know some people don't like but I think it's getting kinda picky to complain about that. I don't think anyone is spending all their stamps on pepsi and candy and if they are they'll be dead soon enough from it anyway.

You don't get all that much to spend anyway. Unless you are a mother with kids. Then there is all kinds of help. But once again, I can't say that's a bad thing in most cases. There are some abuses but not many. It's not easy to abuse it either because they do watch you and check in on what you're up to. Most are really just people who need some help because life is a f*cking bitch sometimes and people everywhere are all fighting to get a foot hold and that means many people lose in that fight. Not because they did something wrong, but because life has ways of beating you down beyond what you deserve sometimes.

I don't mind helping people. Most are worth helping. Some may not always deserve it but most do and I'd hate to see a world where the default attitude is "Screw them." When we look at the world we'd all pretty much agree that there is way too much hate and anger out there. Well adding more hate and anger toward people won't make that go away, it only makes it worse.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: MacK80

edit on 16-3-2017 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

There is a point to MacK80's post. Is it just OK that illegals are getting into the legal citizen's social programs?

How are we to properly fund something that is necessary if it full of abuse?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

The new budget includes cutting Meals on Wheels.

Huh?

Wheels is a PRIVATE charity.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Let me get something across, people need to eat. EAT.

Now, this whole immigrants and general folks on assistance, sure, whatever, okay. Feed them, at the very least, the US has tons of feed for them. To a larger degree, we are the largest food exporters in the world.

"1.United States $149,122,000,000.00" (Global Atlas et.Al).

That being said, there needs to be a serious overhaul in what you are allowed to get on assistance programs. I lived the life of food stamps, before EBT or LoneStar cards, back when they had actual paper currency for it. Let me tell you, the buying patterns have NOT changed, these folks buy the craziest stuff. Candies, Soda's, Name brand items.

We simply just need a new system to ensure that people are not only eating, but eating healthy and only items deemed valid under the program. Anything else will be restricted. A similar system called "WIC" does something like this, you could only buy certain things and the store verifies it.

References:
www.worldatlas.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join