It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Brutally Assaulted at Fast Food Eatery After Offering to Help Pay for Meal

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ
This is why im always strapped. The second these monkeys started getting crazy I would of stuck a cannon in their face. If they make noise after that Mr. 45 will make a noise. BOOOOM. Closed casket funeral for some worthless thug that doesn't deserve to be on this earth.

Good luck getting a carry permit in New York City.

Better to be tried by 12, than carried by 6.

Either we do or we dont have a 2nd.

IMO constitutional law supersedes any contradictory state law.

Had myself or my husband been there.

That video would violate ATS t n c.

Guaranteed

Nice to meet you btw.
Long time fan AM

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueyedevilwoman

We do and New York's restrictive carry permit laws have sadly not been found un-Constitutional. That is a whole different conversation however.

Nice to meet you btw.
Long time fan AM

So you're the one.

edit on 16-3-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueyedevilwoman

This is why im always strapped. The second these monkeys started getting crazy I would of stuck a cannon in their face. If they make noise after that Mr. 45 will make a noise. BOOOOM. Closed casket funeral for some worthless thug that doesn't deserve to be on this earth.

Better to be tried by 12, than carried by 6.

IMO constitutional law supersedes any contradictory state law.

Had myself or my husband been there.

That video would violate ATS t n c.

Guaranteed

Nice to meet you btw.
Long time fan AM

For god's sake edit that last line out before he sees it. He already has to turn his head sideways to get through the door.

ETA - dammit, too late
edit on 16-3-2017 by Shamrock6 because: Louise was hugging me

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

They Actively didnt report the crime. And its on video. Im afraid they could be hit with that.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Well there were laws made for this instance before. It was a legal offense to not offer aid to a victim and the people found guilty of it were at one time accessories by in action to a crime. they didnt even call the cops. they abedded the criminals by not doing so.

There is no legal statute in New York that compels a private citizen to interdict a violent confrontation.

4. Misprision of felony

Whoever, having knowledge of the actual commission of a felony cognizable by a court of the United States, conceals and does not as soon as possible make known the same to some judge or other person in civil or military authority under the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

SO actually They could be charged because they are covering up for the criminals by not reporting it or even calling th ecops.

Swing and a miss.

Wanna try again or are you over it?

link   

They Actively didnt report the crime. And its on video. Im afraid they could be hit with that.

Since you missed it...

See United States v. Johnson, 546 F.2d 1225 (5th Cir. 1977) at 1227 ("The mere failure to report a felony is not sufficient to constitute a violation of 18 U.S.C.A. § 4."

link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

conceal carry, we have it where i am need to get it everywhere. then we will see an end of this kinda crap. right now its mainly criminals conceal carrying.

link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
While I am disgusted by the actions of these animals, I think I am actually more disgusted by the people in that restaurant, that did NOTHING to help this man, even after the animals had left.

You are a blight on the human race, when you can't even help someone, when there isn't even any danger to yourself.

do that in Stockton, cal. (help the guy out), and they will pull out a gun and shoot you...that's why no one came to help....big talk on a website, but when the STHF, you would be sitting there not doing anything, too

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I would do it anyway. Kill the thug(s) and take it to court. Argue that the state law violates my 1st and 2nd amendment rights. On a jury of 12 I guarantee ill get one that agrees with me.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

No.

Courts have held that prosecutors must establish four factors in order to demonstrate that a defendant is guilty of this crime: 1) the principal committed and completed the alleged felony; 2) the defendant had full knowledge of that fact; 3) the defendant failed to notify the authorities; and 4) the defendant took steps to conceal the crime. United States v. Cefalu, 85 F.3d 964, 969 (2d Cir. 1996) citing United States v. Ciambrone, 750 F.2d 1416, 1417 (9th Cir. 1984); United States v. Baez, 732 F.2d 780, 782 (10th Cir. 1984).

Simply going about your business is not "taking steps to conceal the crime."

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Any proof they were not a part of the crime? they interviwed them yet? depending on their answers they could get hit still. It son video so if they say I didnt see anything...you know th erest.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I would do it anyway.

That's your call since it's your money.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

You seem confused as to how the justice system is supposed to work.

"They" need proof that "you" are actually "part of the crime" to be able to charge you for it.

"You" don't need to prove to "them" that "you" are not "part of the crime."

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

what about disturbing a crime scene? the resturant became one and as such their presence could had destroyed evidence.(lol im lmao here btw) hint hint.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Any proof they were not a part of the crime?

Did the video show any of them assaulting the victim?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Cops must interview witnesses. they are ID able from the Video. I bet you when they find them they will say they didnt see nothing,and will contradict th evideo.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

A man who offered to lend two men some cash to cover their meal at a Brooklyn eatery ended up beaten and robbed for trying to help, authorities say. Earlier this month, a 37-year-old customer was sitting in a booth at a Texas Chicken & Burgers in Brooklyn, police said. After two men walked into the restaurant, one of them loudly declared that no one would give him a dollar. The victim offered to help pay for their meal, but that just set the attackers off.

It was a setup. Two guys went in to bait someone, guy with a cane took the bait, and the three others waiting outside by the door jumped in to complete the beatdown once the guy was targeted. Seen stuff like that often enough where I live, usually by bored 18 year olds with nothing better to do outside the bars on Saturday nights.

I don't see racism here, persay, so much as a gang of thugs looking for a fight. Still horrible and not trying to downplay what happened, but that's how I see the situation.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Any proof they were not a part of the crime?

Did the video show any of them assaulting the victim?

Does th elook out participate actively? most of th etime no and they just walk away.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArchAngel_X

A man who offered to lend two men some cash to cover their meal at a Brooklyn eatery ended up beaten and robbed for trying to help, authorities say. Earlier this month, a 37-year-old customer was sitting in a booth at a Texas Chicken & Burgers in Brooklyn, police said. After two men walked into the restaurant, one of them loudly declared that no one would give him a dollar. The victim offered to help pay for their meal, but that just set the attackers off.

It was a setup. Two guys went in to bait someone, guy with a cane took the bait, and the three others waiting outside by the door jumped in to complete the beatdown once the guy was targeted. Seen stuff like that often enough where I live, usually by bored 18 year olds with nothing better to do outside the bars on Saturday nights.

I don't see racism here, persay, so much as a gang of thugs looking for a fight. Still horrible and not trying to downplay what happened, but that's how I see the situation.

never EVER help someone who is being loud like that. its a obvious set up.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Does th elook out participate actively? most of th etime no and they just walk away.

Stop shifting the goal posts, you were referring to the bystanders earlier.

Instead of trying to find a way to be right (which you wont) just man up and admit you made a mistake.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join