It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rachel Maddow tweets. BREAKING We've got Trump tax returns. Tonight, 9pm ET. MSNBC.

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Here in Australia the amount of tax you pay is directly proportional to your gross earnings, I'm pretty sure you also have a progressive sliding scale for taxation and if so, I would have expected Trump to pay more taxes than Mr $200,000/annum + benefits?

link   
LOL...her Twitter page may explode with amazing memes....she is getting ripped apart right now from almost all social media angles.

One of my favorites was something to the effect of "Congrats on surpassing Geraldo on the most epic fail ever"...for those to young it was in reference the the Capone Vault fail.

link   
The truth is everyone is a hypocrite. But one side will never ever admit it.

a reply to: UKTruth

link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
LOL

FoxNews confirming the leak is illegal.

...and the fat bloke who gave it to Maddow is sitting on TV joining in.. he's going to find himself in front of a judge.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
How did they get these returns in the first place?

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
Holy Crap... The spin...

Now they are playing a clip of Trump saying that he paid 100's of millions in taxes... and this shows that he lied as he only paid 38!

Spin it..... They are doubling down on stupid!

The comedy value... I never knew... I have to start watching MSNBC more!

This is quality comedy entertainment!

They must be stupid.

If he paid 36 million in one year then it stands to reason that kind of tax adds up over time. Trump has in fact paid "hundreds of millions" in taxes during his 5 decades in business based on simple extrapolation.

3 years alone would get you 108 million. I don't even need a calculator to work that out.
edit on -050009pm3kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

This is wholly incorrect. Statements like this hurt your credibility and show cause as to why the Democratic party lost so bad in the past elections.

First you assume I give a damn about what credibility you and others give me and you also assume I'm a Democrat. I don't know how many times I have to say it...I'm not a liberal and I'm not a Democrat.

I don't take you as a fool Introvert but this is a foolish statement.

Is it not true? He was elected by people that give no concern about his financial ties. This thread is proof.

+1 more 
link   

link   

originally posted by: journeyonfire
The truth is everyone is a hypocrite. But one side will never ever admit it.

If you are willing to carry the flag for a political party, it won't take long to make a hypocrite out of yourself. Should be the basis for every argument held here.

link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

A bit disappointed in Maddow so far.

She seems to have overblown this issue without having more supporting documents to cast doubt on Trump's dealings.

I completely agree that Trump potentially has some conflicts of interest that need to be investigated and we should all be in favor of transparency in such an instance.

That holds true, whether it's Trump, Obama, Clinton...etc.

OMG! After reading about four pages of how stupid this whole setup was, then hitting your "speed bump" of a post trying to make it sound like it wasn't the most ridiculous thing from MSNBC in a while is...well...typical. You will do anything to make it look like the left has even an ounce of credibility left. Which it doesn't.

But your denial, your unrelenting support for the idiotic is truly the punchline of this thread.

What did I deny?

I even said Maddow is coming up short.

You are being nice. This is akin to 2 false starts in the 100m track and field Olympic final, with the world watching.

Again, should we not want to know what financial ties our leaders have?

Like I said - Trump has financial ties to several countries because he was a real estate developer and entrepreneur.
What financial ties are you looking for????

Ties that may compromise his decisions as president.

Is that unreasonable?

So why is there no investigation into possible criminal activity for every public servant?
Or do you think tax returns are the oracle for conflicts of interest? Maybe you think the IRS can't do their job?

Maybe Congress and the intelligence services are inept and their investigation is worthless...

... no, much better to have 250m people pour over his tax returns, which most wont understand, and concoct a million conspiracy theories to completely tie your country in knots. Good idea.

edit on 14/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
We probably won't see a fail this epic for a very long time.

a reply to: Vasa Croe

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy
Someone left them in David Clay Johnson's mail box and he gifted this to her.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

a reply to: Grambler

But where was that attitude under Obama

Deflection.

Reflection.

C'mon Grmabler. You can do better than that.

What I have said in this thread is not unreasonable and you simply deflected...for whatever reason.

I said if you didn't fall into that group then that post wasn't directed at you.

Why is the left wing media and democrats only interested in these ties when its trump?

Look at Maddow tonight. Should we really trust these "journalists" to fairly investigate Trumps ties?

She just spent an hour spreading conspiracy theories off of a document that says Trump paid over 20% of his income in taxes, and shows no wrong doing.

But yep, lets trust her and her cohorts to keep the investigation going, even when the admit they hate Trump.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Well...I take it back and give you credit for saying that.

Perhaps people should read what I say and put their partisan hackery aside.

Sorry for hammering you

Is that what that was?

but after seeing everyone else, left and right calling her (basically) a moron for first not checking the facts, and second screaming theories to make up for it...then you saying "maybe", etc. just cracked me up.

There very well could be conflicts. There may not be.

In the interest of transparency, we should be able to look in to it.

There is a reason why all president in modern times have released their tax info.

Partisan hackery is being the only individual looking at the facts in this thread and supporting the manic, on TV, spewing conspiracy to support her failed news. And yeah...that was some hammering but since you apparently didn't think so, I will refrain from being so cautious with your feelings in the future.

You would do better not sucking up to and supporting the extremely obvious hacks and liars of the left to at least gain some credibility so when you support a liberal on the edge...you may at least be given some credibility and thought. As it stands now, you don't have that. You are the boy who cried "no wolf" when everyone else saw the beast.

Pitiful.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
How did they get these returns in the first place?

The claim is he got them in the mail. Now the spin is Trump leaked them to him. But MadCow was gushimg about how this guy was the best investigative reporter on financial matters ever. Funny that...so he's a great investigative reporter that anonymously had Trumps return from 2005 mailed to him? That doesn't take much investigation.

So now the fail has happened the spin is Trump leaked them so nobody can go to jail right? Let's see how hard this backfires....LOL!

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

lol, Charlie.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   
So tax returns from twelve years ago....

Kay?

My tax returns from 12 years ago were at my first part-time job, and have no reflection on this year's.

I wish they actually found something that was... what is the word. Relevant?

link   
I know!

This is funny as hell. I rarely watch MSNBC so I am amazed. This is like Alex Jones meets Glenn Beck meets Idiocracy!

I need to pop the top of a Brawndo - The Thirst Mutilator (it has electrolytes, its got what plants crave).

link   
She already backtracked that MSNBC obtained the tax returns. She didn't do it herself. She just reported on it. I guess someone is going to be thrown under the bus for all of this.

the soical media warriors are attacking Rachel now for helping Trump in proving he paid his taxes. You can't make this crap up anymore. This is like a real life South Park episode. I'm smiling like an idiot.

link   

If it was important he would not have been elected.

He was elected by a bunch of people swooned by chants of "build the wall" and how hot his wife is. I don't think his potential financial conflicts were a top priority.

What you are failing to admit is that the conflict of interests remains to be an issue for those that think beyond propaganda chants and the looks of his lady.

You can't possibly believe this?

I'm not even American, and it's evident that the reason he won has to do with a number of traits during the election which, believe it or not, actually made him appear superior to some of the other candidates.

The first thing that got people talking about him was simply how he spoke. For one, he's a salesman, and most people have a tendency of being swayed by a good one. He also doesn't talk like a politician, which everyone (including myself) is completely sick of.

Then you have the other candidates, which for the most part weren't that great to begin with (with a few exceptions).

And then you have what we all witnessed here on ATS, with plenty of detail, which was the derailment of other candidates through actions taken by Hillary's campaign, which we had confirmed actively plowed other candidates out of the way (Sanders).

And then you have the whole massive releases thanks to WikiLeaks which exposed the ridiculous amount of fraudulence within the Clinton Foundation.

That's not to say that Trump was a better choice or not, but it's evident that all these factors played a major influence on selecting, not the better candidate, but the lesser of two insane evils.

The whole thing was a cluster****. I'm certainly not happy with the outcome, but i'm also not blind to how it became the outcome.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join