It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CBO says 14 mil Will Lose Coverage Next Year Under GOP Health Care Plan

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Choosing to go without, or literally cannot afford it despite efforts to maintain their health?

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: UKTruth

Incidentally, this is also the reason that they estimate prices will go up... the people who drop out will be more healthy and thus change the profile of the risk pool (more risky for the insurers), hence prices go up.

So then you agree that it's a terrible plan.

I think it needs more work - a lot. However, not because of any increase in uninsured.
I think they should wait until they are ready to increase competition in order to offset the impact of the increased risk in the pool.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

According to this report:

Obamacare: 30 million uninsured

Trumpcare: 44 million uninsured

According to your own logic doesn't that make this bill almost twice as worse than the ACA? Hell, it's even worse than that. The ACA actually succeeded in getting more people insurance. This fails in that regard despite Trump's claim that everyone will have affordable insurance.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

According to this report:

Obamacare: 30 million uninsured

Trumpcare: 44 million uninsured

According to your own logic doesn't that make this bill almost twice as worse than the ACA? Hell, it's even worse than that. The ACA actually succeeded in getting more people insurance. This fails in that regard despite Trump's claim that everyone will have affordable insurance.

No, because the number of uninsured is a red herring headline.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

yea well, maybe people should stop stuffing their face with the food and drinks they have been openly taught for years will not only destroy their health, but kill them. Maybe people should stop smoking 1+ packs of ciggs a day. Maybe people should scale back their alcoholism seeing as they know and have been openly taught it will destroy the liver and other vital functions over time.

No, people have the liberty, the freedom, the choice to do any and all of those things without having a gun pointed to their head and which they destroy their own health with. It sure would be nice if I, as a person who refuses to destroy my own body and health, also had the choice to forego expensive coverage which is really to pay for everyone else's poor health decisions. But a Fascist dictator pointed a gun at my head and said I do not have a choice, you I will pay if I have coverage, and I will pay if I don't.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

A failure is a failure is a failure.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Not everyone on the ACA gets it for free. Many have to pay out of pocket.

And not all are on medicaid correct?

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
How does this compare to the numbers who lost their awesome health benefits that their employers abandoned when Obamacare was passed? Remember when the Dems were selling the pain then? Same/same.

Skip the farce, stop funding foreign countries, foreign wars and subversive intel organizations and go with universal healthcare.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Doesn't really matter. In 4 years there will be someone else in office who will dismantle everything Trump is doing now, his shoddy healthcare included.

Ah, America.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Earned income is taxed at 1.45% and matched by an employer (or self employed) for Medicare.

(State income taxes not included)

How much would that be for a complete system?

10% ?

15% ?

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

4 years?

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Why don't we just go to socialized health care and be done with it. Many of the doctors I know would love to have that. It would be a lot less stressful. I actually asked doctors I know, I do not assume they would not like it. Ask your doctor.

No malpractice insurance costs to worry about, no worries about billing insurance companies, no employees to worry about paying wages too, lots less stress and actually bonuses if you get someone fixed right away.

I would also prefer getting a yearly salary over a hundred grand if I was a doctor. Most would probably make more than working for a hospital. Government pension too.

Wonder how they will like working for $75k/yr? You aren't going to get socialized medicine and Doctors making big bucks....

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Why don't we just go to socialized health care and be done with it. Many of the doctors I know would love to have that. It would be a lot less stressful. I actually asked doctors I know, I do not assume they would not like it. Ask your doctor.

That would cut insurance companies out of the loop entirely. That's not what they bribe congressmen for. Pharmaceutical companies would have their profits slashed as well. Who is going to approve the cost of that new drug that treats a condition you never heard of but has a three page list of possible side effects?

Trust me, the mandate is going no where. Insurance companies have paid off too many people to let that go away. Give it a decade, and you will see commercials with Poppy the Pill and Doc Betty along side the Geico Gecko and Progressive Flo. Mandatory insurance has worked wonders for the auto insurance industry, it will do the same for the medical insurance industry.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
according to you.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blazemore2000
according to you.

According to the CBO report I linked.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Or less.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
a reply to: underwerks

4 years?

Actually a little under 4 years now. You got me.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

How about we try single payer/Universal Health Care?

second line
edit on 13-3-2017 by Gumerk because: clarification

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Does the CBO say how many will lose Healthcare due to skyrocketing cost of Obamacare, Health Insurers dropping out of sight and People refusing to pay up ? Obamacare was doomed since day one!

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16
Does the CBO say how many will lose Healthcare due to skyrocketing cost of Obamacare, Health Insurers dropping out of sight and People refusing to pay up ? Obamacare was doomed since day one!

Good question - I don't think they are looking at the future position of Obamacare vs the future position of the ACA, just what will happen compared to today. Not sure though.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join