It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CBO says 14 mil Will Lose Coverage Next Year Under GOP Health Care Plan

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

I don't know.. Providing Government funded healthcare for people who earn under a certain income is compassionate. But doing so all the up to $22,000 income, like ObamaCare does, is a bit TOO generous, IMO.

Yeah my biggest issue is the lies that were told and the money changing hands and all the politicians who spit on America when they passed Obamacare, and now the hypocritical aftermath is even more sickening to see. Because of all these things going so far south it really needs to self destruct, but I don't think it will because no one in our government has the guts or the honor to make it happen. I knew this situation would happen and it's what Obama was counting on based upon his lack of any moral code where the end justifies all these results we see right now.

If things could just be restored to the condition they were in prior to Obamacare going into effect would be a good start, but I don't see it happening in even 100 years. Too much greed and me me me feelings abound. Not enough people are willing to make sacrifices to get there. Not much compromise anywhere especially with the media's propaganda war on the people of America

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

And people wonder why Conservatives are seen as vengeful A-holes who only care about themselves. What a insightful post showing exactly why that is.

Democrats try and pass Healthcare for everyone.
Conservatives fight it tooth and nail the whole time.
It barely passes and eventually has more of the population insured than ever in history.
Conservatives get in power and tear it a part and come up with a way to hurt the poor and helpless and reward the wealthy.
Then say "This is revenge and Karma." For what??? Trying to help the less fortunate and sick and helpless.

Ya, what f*cking monsters!! Trying to help sick people get healthy. They should be ashamed!! All we should be doing is shaming and killing the poor and rewarding the wealthy, right??? Because that's way to good karma!!

You people are sick in the f*cking head you know that??? Do you even hear yourselves??? You're like some cheesy bad guy in an old sci-fi movie. "Ha ha, we're going to make the poor and average person sick and die while taking their little bit of money and rewarding the rich and powerful.....Ha, ha, ha....Then we'll tell them it's all their fault too. That's what you get when you try and help everyone get well. Stupid fools. It's karma suckers!!"

Jezus Christ!!!

Yep, typical response of those who went along with Obama lying to them about how wonderful Obamacare was, even though he didn't know since it had to be passed first to find out. But they did sell it as a new utopia. And you believed it.

And now it's all my fault that your hero lied to you and nobody has coverage and we are all going to die crawling up the steps to the doctor's office. You want to to double down on Obamacare? Twice nothing is still nothing.

Obamacare was a fantasy health care system that YOU believe in. It was a cult that you joined. Now you are being deprogrammed but that is failing too along with your Obamacare. The scientology of healthcare systems is defunct.

What you aren't getting is that when Obamacare was passed into law, the American people were excommunicated from anything resembling decent healthcare, and you are still begging for more?

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

A lot amazes me about this American Health Care Act. One biggie is that politicians are willing to terminate 21 streams of revenue, by repealing the ACA-Obamacare taxes, fees, fines. Government NEVER does that! The GOP lead by Donald Trump is a unique new creation..no doubt about it.

Could you imagine what repeal/replace would look like if the establishment's candidate had won... Jeb Bush?

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Imagine that. It's almost like everyone said this was a terrible plan.

It's a GREAT PLAN for those who choose to go without Health Insurance. No more Penalty to pay! They can just wait until they need medical care and sign-up with their I-Phone en-route to the hospital. Get the treatment and cancel the plan!

We didn't have insurance last year and got around that penalty. Not that we wanted to, but budget dictated so. By way of the "nothing's cheap enough" selection option on the tax sheet for it, we had no penalty. Anyone with half a brain can muster this, and those that aren't, aren't looking into how to skirt the fee well enough. They practically HAND US THIS.

F#ing people out of insurance they have now that they won't be able to afford to keep next year is not any semblance of freedom of choice. I just told you how to have one above.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

If Jeb had won, government size would skyrocket again under the guise of pseudo-conservative narratives that are good at hiding those things like they were when both former Bush's served, or it would be downplayed and ignored so it could continue. HRC would be about the same only 1000 times worse if you know what I mean.

To be honest, I really can't help laughing and even making fun out of the current situation, but it is because of the biblical portions of hypocrisy of the left, the blundering GOP congress and senate amidst it all, and the lack of any willingness of those who keep supporting these Obama era failures to take responsibility for honest self examination, and honest and humble thoughts to enable clear thinking again and common sense, which only some folks are showing. The masses are not doing that, only fighting against truth and embracing the old lies. They don't even want to do anything to find out if it works, they want more of what already didn't work and costs more

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

No, you're missing my point entirely.

Obamacare wasn't perfect. Plenty of things I didn't like about it. But I'm not talking about how well it worked or didn't work.

What I'm getting at is your utter contempt for others. Especially those who may have been helped by it.

Not only are you not just attacking the Healthcare bill. But you're now wanting to use it against people. Like some sort of revenge against anyone who dared to try and help others.

You could come up with a plan to fix it. Or even just go back to what it was before. But no, you actually say what happens now is Karma for anyone who got help or voted for it. It's not a weapon. It's healthcare.

But your attitude about it is that people somehow deserve more suffering because they dared to try and help EVERYONE by providing healthcare for EVERYONE. It's not perfect but nothing ever is.

I don't get the desire to cause those people more pain on top of what they already suffer.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

I'd rather lose the $24,000 yearly max out of pocket and my $1023.00 monthly premium and do what the illegals do for healthcare...look how much of my own SS money that would be used by ME!

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Then perhaps you missed the point that they did not try to provide healthcare for everyone.

That was never part of Obamacare at all. Otherwise there would be no penalty.

No.. what happened instead is that if you had the bad luck to make 30-60k a year you got screwed royally.

But who cares about the silly middle class, right?

My health care, for instance, went from $300 a month (half paid by my employer) with a $1,000 deductible to $647 a month with a $4,600 deductible and a $4,600 copay.

So I could pay out the butt for a card that I couldn't afford to use, or I paid the penalty.

Awesome plan there... /facepalm.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Planned Parenthood gets defunded with this bill too, so it can't be all bad...

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Yea that is what happens when you don't stick a gun to someones head and force them to buy expansive healthcare. Personally I am young and healthy. I rather put that money I pay each month for healthcare with a 4k deductible into my 401k which my employer would match. I would rather invest my money than watch it go into a black hole that I can't use. Also I prefer alternative medicine to keep me perfectly healthy. I suggest others do the same and save some money on the side so if something happens you have money to pay the doctor.
edit on 13-3-2017 by amfirst1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: GreyScale

So you can adjust the scale of who pays more and less.

You really think you'll be getting a better deal now??

Ever notice how it's always just the middle and bottom that ever get screwed over???

This new version just rewards the wealthy once again and you'll be seeing no improvement in the middle either.

If you think this new version is going to benefit you just wait. It won't. Because you aren't wealthy enough for anyone to want to help you.

But that of course sounds like a great plan.

BTW, once again, wasn't the point of what I was saying anyway and I thought I made that quite clear. But feel free to get pissed about at me for it anyway.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
trump promised it would cover everyone

LIAR

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

So you can adjust the scale of who pays more and less.

You really think you'll be getting a better deal now??

Ever notice how it's always just the middle and bottom that ever get screwed over???

This new version just rewards the wealthy once again and you'll be seeing no improvement in the middle either.

If you think this new version is going to benefit you just wait. It won't. Because you aren't wealthy enough for anyone to want to help you.

But that of course sounds like a great plan.

BTW, once again, wasn't the point of what I was saying anyway and I thought I made that quite clear. But feel free to get pissed about at me for it anyway.

I was just pointing out that you were wrong about Obamacare.

I am, for tax purposes, middle class. So I understand that whatever happens, I get screwed.

The new plan at least allows me to pay my doctor in cash. Without being penalized for not having an insurance policy.

I'm not pissed at you, I'm puzzled that a smart person such as yourself is still defending Obamacare.

But partisan politics sometimes makes us look bad.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

It's a GREAT PLAN for those who choose to go without Health Insurance. No more Penalty to pay! They can just wait until they need medical care and sign-up with their I-Phone en-route to the hospital. Get the treatment and cancel the plan!

We didn't have insurance last year and got around that penalty. Not that we wanted to, but budget dictated so. .

Yep..you got the "hardship exemption". Roughly 80% of the people who paid the penalty, didn't have to.

Take a look at the official government exemption form. There are FOURTEEN (14) categories of hardship exemptions from having to pay the penalty.

Link: marketplace.cms.gov...

Number 14 is the "catch all", LOL.

-cwm

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

We didn't have insurance last year and got around that penalty. Not that we wanted to, but budget dictated so. .

Yep..you got the "hardship exemption". Roughly 80% of the people who paid the penalty, didn't have to.

Take a look at the official government exemption form. There are FOURTEEN (14) categories of hardship exemptions from having to pay the penalty.

Link: marketplace.cms.gov...

Number 14 is the "catch all", LOL.

-cwm

No s#, Sherlock. I have friends with MUCH higher incomes than us and zero actual hardship using the same clause, some since day one. Anyone can claim "too expensive".

Pull your head out of your ass. The catch-all is the presented-on-a-silver-platter way to avoid the penalty.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

So if you can't afford it, you get exempted from the penalty which leaves you with what? ...

Oh yeah, nothing unless you find a subscription service local GP and then you hope you don't need anything else.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

mine went form $250.00 to $350.00.

the plan I had was noncompliant, so Obama got rid of it. i'm grateful. one visit to the emergency room cost me $2500.00. the insurance was crap

I just had an out-patient procedure with my new insurance. cost me $100.00 total.

insurance companies offering crappy insurance will flourish again, drug companies will start raking in the doe, and the middle class will suffer the most. yay. it's crazy how some vote against their best interests.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

And people wonder why Conservatives are seen as vengeful A-holes who only care about themselves. What a insightful post showing exactly why that is.

Democrats try and pass Healthcare for everyone.
Conservatives fight it tooth and nail the whole time.
It barely passes and eventually has more of the population insured than ever in history.
Conservatives get in power and tear it a part and come up with a way to hurt the poor and helpless and reward the wealthy.
Then say "This is revenge and Karma." For what??? Trying to help the less fortunate and sick and helpless.

Ya, what f*cking monsters!! Trying to help sick people get healthy. They should be ashamed!! All we should be doing is shaming and killing the poor and rewarding the wealthy, right??? Because that's way to good karma!!

You people are sick in the f*cking head you know that??? Do you even hear yourselves??? You're like some cheesy bad guy in an old sci-fi movie. "Ha ha, we're going to make the poor and average person sick and die while taking their little bit of money and rewarding the rich and powerful.....Ha, ha, ha....Then we'll tell them it's all their fault too. That's what you get when you try and help everyone get well. Stupid fools. It's karma suckers!!"

Jezus Christ!!!

1000 stars MOJOM!

One of the greatest posts in ATS history!

They don't understand that's its about HUMAN BEINGS HELPING EACH OTHER!

Give people the basics and then let them go and live their life

Goddamit were in a supposed modern world, scientific technology in abundance IN THE RICHEST COUNTRY IN HISTORY and the US cant give poor or middle and lower class human beings Health care!

edit on 13-3-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Nyiah

So if you can't afford it, you get exempted from the penalty which leaves you with what? ...

Oh yeah, nothing unless you find a subscription service local GP and then you hope you don't need anything else.

My point wasn't for people who can't afford insurance, it was for those who scream & holler they do not want it. You can get around paying the penalty easily.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

mine went form $250.00 to $350.00.

the plan I had was noncompliant, so Obama got rid of it. i'm grateful. one visit to the emergency room cost me $2500.00. the insurance was crap

I just had an out-patient procedure with my new insurance. cost me $100.00 total.

insurance companies offering crappy insurance will flourish again, drug companies will start raking in the doe, and the middle class will suffer the most. yay. it's crazy how some vote against their best interests.

Hey, I'm really glad that you didn't get as jacked as I did.

At the end of the day however, I can sit here at my dining room table and look at my bills so your story doesn't help me. At all.

So you vote how you need to and I will as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join