It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walking Dead is...DEAD!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

And...am I wrong in my assessment??????

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I read your OP and I disagree that this interracial relationship bothering you isn't about race. I think you don't understand how a story progresses and somehow think because tonights episode showed Rick and Michonne having sex is the show runners way of shoving PC down our throats. I betcha if it wasn't Michonne who Rick was banging and it was a white woman, his comic GF Andrea, then you would have not made this thread.

Time for you to look deep inside yourself and figure out what's really the problem.
edit on 5-3-2017 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: Snarl

Your poke doesn't bother me in the least.

I wouldn't have posted if I thought it would.

BTW, me and my son went to watch Wolverine (or whatever they called it) this weekend. Save your money, brother. Save your money.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

First of all, you have NO idea about me, so don't think you do! Period! What you "think" about what I feel means exactly ZERO to me! It's all speculation, and I don't really Give a F# what you think! You can go on ad-nauseum with your freaking drivel about how you KNOW about me, but you know ZERO....so back the F# up!! You don't know JACK about me...and you are even less qualified than that to "pontificate" about what you think might be my mental / social / intellectual / cultural make up!!

STEP OFF!!

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

You're the first person I've heard who thinks Logan was bad. I've heard nothing but great things and positive reviews.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Well gee, you post a thread upset about an interracial relationship and crying PC yet try to claim it's not the race thing that's bothering you.

Clearly you have issues with the race thing but I'm not gonna go post for post with you about your feelings because frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.
edit on 5-3-2017 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

You're the first person I've heard who thinks Logan was bad. I've heard nothing but great things and positive reviews.

Seriously ... people got up and left the theater throughout the show. I hinted at this to my son and said we could go too, but he wanted to sit it out.

Sorry for the mini-derail FCD. I'm out now.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

ONE QUESTION for you, [SNIP] ...where, ONCE, did I say ANYTHING about any issue I had with inter-racial anything? This thread has NOTHING to do with that!!

Answer: I didn't!

Take your racial BS and take a hike!!!

NOTE...last response to you!

edit on 3/5/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/3/2017 by Gemwolf because: Mod Edit: Removed personal insult

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I tried watching the show. When the lead characters wife was screwing his best friend so soon after her husbands "she thinks" death, well I turned it off right there.
True love at its finest.
Never tried watching again.

Come on...it's the zombie apocalypse on a TV show lol
That's really the reason you stopped watching?
I will admit there have been a few slow, clunker episodes, tonight being one of them, but they are just doing the buildup to the epic showdown with Negan's team.

That was more of the breaking point for me. It really didn't catch my interest.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Here's what bugged me about tonight's episode:

So Rick and Michone come across what appears to be a cross between a carnival and an army base. OK, whatever. They see soldier zombies with guns slung over their shoulders. That should have been their first clue something was wrong. The second warning sign should have been all the MREs they found. As a minor glitch, I'm sure I saw a live cow there. I seem to recall the walkers didn't have a problem eating animals if the opportunity presented itself. And that cow looked pretty healthy, too. How long had it been there?

Anyway, they didn't ask themselves the obvious question: how did these people die? They didn't starve to death, there was plenty of food. They weren't overrun by a zombie horde or a group of humans, otherwise you wouldn't have army zombies with their rifles slung over their shoulders; and, the weapons would have been nearly, if not completely, out of ammo.

My mind goes to death by chemical or biological agents. And whatever it was had to be pretty fast acting if it's going to kill a soldier before he can put his gun down. You can probably rule out chemical agents because those would have killed the cow, too. But Rick and Michone never thought to question their good fortune. They just waltz in, kill the zombies, and take the food and guns.

If there was any justice, Rick and Michone would be carrying a plague that wipes out the junkyard dwellers and themselves before they make it back to Alexandria.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I was talking with some older fella's earlier today (70's plus) and we were watching a show called "Texas Rising". One of the stars is Jeffery Dean Morgan (Negan). I called out it was "negan" and was surprised to hear a couple of these older guys say they knew who he was. They went on to say they were totally turned off by episode 1 of Season 7 (as many were). They said they lost interest after that point.

I tried to point out how they were developing other characters and other story lines from the comic, and I believe they have been. Trying to take the focus away from Rick and his merry little crew of murdering bandits.

Now they've circled back with this whole Rick thing, and his romance with Michonne. At first it was okay because Michonne was still her same character, but tonight to see her all touchy-feely with Ricky-baby, and hiding behind him was just way off the map for her character (and I personally really dug her character all along...until tonight). I liked her stealth and her unpredictability...and her single mindedness. But, not now...she's like this 14 year old girl in love with Ricky-baby...and it sucks!

They've not only destroyed a pretty good work up on Michonne's character, but they also diminished the entire program with their seemingly sappy romance. When she threw down the sword tonight because she thought Rick was dead...I was like "That's IT...this is stupid now"...it's like a freaking PC, sappy, kids show. "Awwww...poor Rick is dead, I guess I'll die too!"

Remember, early on, Michonne wanted to cut Rick's eyes out...now she's just going to lay down and die for him. And what has he done for her???? Nothing, really. Just boned her a few times and gave her somewhere to stay, and even then she ran off for some introspection. I was still good with the Michonne character then...even though they had gone way away from the comic, but now...now it's just gotten grade school silly and stupid!

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Yeah, and that too!! The whole Army scene was just freaking stoopid!!

The whole thing was contrived. Gee, they found tons of guns and a bunch of food...just for free!

So, in theory, now Rick and Michonne go back and save the world with all their spoils and Rick is back on top again. King of the World...and that's not what really happens in the comic. The way they go to war against Negan is far, far, more complicated and not nearly as clean as these two love birds scoring a weapons cache and a bunch of food!!!

It's ridiculous! They've dumbed the whole thing down for an IQ of about 37 to watch now.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I don't see a racist angle from the OP in the slightest.

Merely fed up with a show and apparently the most recent episode was the final straw. Makes plenty of sense to me.

Accusing the OP of being uncomfortable with Rick with a black woman, though, could be telling.

I mean why can't the angle just as easily be discomfort with Michonne (or whomever) with a white man?

Anyway, point being. This has nothing to do with a racist OP.

And everything to do with a bad show (imo).

I have watched the Walking Dead, am nearly caught up. But I've never really liked it for more than the cringe. Though I find conversations I've had with people about the social commentary interesting. There have been some cool characters and interesting stories. But I'm not into zombies or post apocalypse type settings..

Best moment of cringe I think I got from this show was when they unnecessarily had Beth throw her face at a bullet.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I also want to add, that the only reason I clicked on this thread was because I thought it would be news of the show's cancellation. For me to bask in.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Sadly, before tonight I would have said "never!", but they went so far off the reservation tonight with the program I'm just going to record next week's episode and wait until the reviews before I even watch it. And maybe I won't watch it at all...or ever again.

So, you could very well be right. The show will suffer seriously withering ratings now. (except for the under 14 audience).

Cue the monsters and dragons and CGI effects!

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
The Rick+Michonne thing is pretty contrived, and lots of fans are seeing it and calling it out for what it is.

They've gone so far off base from the source material, TWD is becoming less about the zombie apocalypse and more about rigid social commentary that people watching the show try to escape from.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Yep!!

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

I said I wasn't going to respond to you anymore, but I just re-read your thread more closely and have something further to respond...

I will try my very hardest to refrain from name calling (and believe me it's hard responding to your completely off-topic response).

You spoke of Andrea... If you had even the remotest comprehension of what you were talking about, you would know that Andrea is a very long lived character in the comics. Personally, I hated that character...she's a slut and a manipulative bitch. Michonne, on the other hand, is all sorts of cool. She's a smooth operator, the viewer doesn't know what's inside her head...and sometimes not even what side she's on. Michonne is a fantastic character, unlike Andrea who is shallow, predictable (not in a good way) and basically just a whore and cowardess.

So, while you want to impugn me on my seemingly (in your mind) racist post about inter-racial relationships, had you actually read what I wrote and thought about it for a moment, you would have known it was anything but that.

All of this just goes to show why your contribution(s) to this thread are absolutely worthless, and frankly just race-baiting!

So...now I'm done with you.

Good bye...(not good "night", but good "bye")!

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   

I'm just waiting for some "hardend" zombie to start protesting with a "ZOMBIES MATTER" poster!!!

The storyline is right on point as far as I can tell. Hell many scenes from season 7 already were literally the exact frames lifted from the comic books. Some of the characters have gotten switched up in order and way of death, but its really close to the comics.

Many relationship are explored in the comics as well. Personally, I envy Rick smashing Michonne, love me some sexy ebony beauty who gots some toughness in her.

Sorry you don't like seeing dark skinned women on scene in a romantic setting. She is just another lady. Andrea has been dead and you know that if your still watching at this point. They got intimate in the comics, so we know its not the intimacy in general thats bothering you.

I just read your mind, sorry I don't usually ask permission.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Im still digging the show.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join