It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walking Dead is...DEAD!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I'm so thoroughly SICK of the "Rick & Michonne" show it's absolutely nauseating!!! This isn't about racism (because I have no care about interracial couples), but it has EVERYTHING to do with the producers trying to RAM this crap down everyone's throat.

Anyone who has read the comic knows Rick and Michonne never hook up, so why are they now?? Political correctness. I'm F#ing DONE with the show!!

"Rick & (doting, lovey dovey) Michonne are now going to single handedly save everyone! What CAPITAL BS!!!

F# that program!!

(I had to turn it off)...I'm DONE!! Too contrived, too much BS, too much PC.....F# 'em!!

The story line has gone so far completely out of school from the original comic it's lost it's appeal.

I'm done.

Michonne need that Katana through the middle of her forehead, and Rick needs DEAD by the Colt Python .357 he's so fond of...but that ain't gonna' happen!

I'm done!!

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

They took a fantastic social statement about society, and turned it into a current events program with political sensitivity BS!!

I'm just waiting for some "hardend" zombie to start protesting with a "ZOMBIES MATTER" poster!!!

What a bunch of absolute BS!!

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

I only read the first sentence. I like Rick with Michonne. But I am 2 eps behind and do not ruin this.

The comic has always hinted at it.
edit on 5-3-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I tried watching the show. When the lead characters wife was screwing his best friend so soon after her husbands "she thinks" death, well I turned it off right there.
True love at its finest.
Never tried watching again.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Oh it's a TV show when it becomes unprofitable they will shut it down.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

So funny....but then, I don't watch TV.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I stopped watching it after the second instance of them being trapped behind high walls looking all helpless from the zombies bellow.

Since I haven't watched in a very long time I will ask " has any of those morons figured out the technological invention of a spear yet.

Bows and arrows, knives and swords, but a spear is just too far beyond their ability.
edit on 5-3-2017 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

And...I'll speak for myself; it did tonight, because they'll never air another commercial in this house on that dumb-ass program as long as it's in production!!

Stupid gone off the rails now!! (and, not to mention the "filler" is beyond retarded now too).

The program has completely lost traction with me and anyone else I know. Worse, I was just sticking up for the program earlier this weekend, but to see Michonne just doting like a puppy on Rick makes me want to totally VOMIT!!

...and then they single handedly kill a battalion of Army soldier (Zombies), (after Michonne throws down the sword when she thinks her "Lovey/Sweetheart" is dead, only to have (honey) Rick emerge from a truck and gallantly throw her the sword) and then they slay everyone and get all their weapons! What a bunch of COMPLETE CRAP!!!

I think on the next show Rick should get super-powers and be able to fly, and Michonne should be able to become invisible and shoot lightning bolts out of her ass!!

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I tried watching the show. When the lead characters wife was screwing his best friend so soon after her husbands "she thinks" death, well I turned it off right there.
True love at its finest.

Come on...it's the zombie apocalypse on a TV show lol
That's really the reason you stopped watching?
I will admit there have been a few slow, clunker episodes, tonight being one of them, but they are just doing the buildup to the epic showdown with Negan's team.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

We're so far off the comic now it's laughable!!!

And, I guess that's really the point. For the first 5 seasons the show hung pretty close to the comic (give or take some), but now....not even close!!

ETA...now they're off in "Disney Land"!!

These guys have seriously fallen and bumped their heads!! Tragic waste if you ask me; they could have done so much with this program! Now it's just a kids fantasy show.

edit on 3/5/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I just like listening to people talk about it. It's funny to see people get worked up (poke-poke ... FCD ... just for fun).

People's eyes just bug-out at the office while they're telling you what happened. Like there might be zombies just a block or two away. LOL

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

No matter what now; it won't be epic...not by a long shot!

It would be like watching a classic WWII movie and all of a sudden everyone on the 'good guy' side gets laser weapons and spaceships to go fight the evil, while the 'bad guys' "survive" eating bugs and sticks!

Pure fantasy....and, completely ruined!

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
DP

edit on 3/5/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I liked tonight's episode. I'm happy to have a little bit of humour every now and then.
These guys have been through it all, it's good to see them laugh once in a while.
Dude watches his to homies get brained, beckoned to hack his sons hand off.
His wife being a w@&$0- and having relations with his best bud...whom turns against him and tries to kill him. His wife dying, having to chop his new found interest - Jessie, arm off, while she watches her son get torn apart.

The guy has been through some crap...
I'm happy he kept the cat. I think he deserves it.

Lol honestly though, I burst out laughing when he said that.
" 20 guns, and I keep the cat"
Hahah
Great episode.

Oh and Eugene line - I was gifted this jar of pickles, was priceless also

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
OP I hear ya! This is the final season for me if things don't change. Love Neegan character but it almost seems like they are not using him correctly either.

I have to say though. I have been binge watching Game of Thrones the last 3 weeks. GOT is easily a 10/10 and right now I would give TWD 5/10.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   
For anyone unfamiliar with the comics, they are free to view online

Entire walking dead comic library

Select which ever book you want to read from the drop down and enjoy.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Ricks comic book squeeze died in season 3? What exactly are you sick of? Seeing a black woman and white man have a relationship? They're not shoving anything down your throat. Chances are you're probably bothered by it and just can't accept it.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Your poke doesn't bother me in the least.

I really liked the show for the social parallels to modern society (and end-games of the same). The "zombies" represented the only political correct enemy. I really like the social / societal element of it (early on). Now, it's just a joke...it's a kids show.

I don't believe it's real, but they had so many places they could go with the social elements of this show and all of that has now been lost. Now, it's just monsters and fantasy. It's a joke.

Before, I marveled at how younger audiences could watch it and see it for the 'zombie' angle, but 'adult' audiences could watch the same show and see it for the social / society angle. Now...it's nothing like any of that. It's all just fantasy.

Just pure fantasy. And, I don't deal well with fantasy.

Think about it, before they dealt with taboo subjects in a disassociated way (i.e. zombies). The dealt with racial issues, cultural issues, social issues...REAL issues (in a very intelligent and oblique way). Now, everything is just in your face. All the innuendo is gone...and it's just a monster show. It's shallow...and frankly it's DEAD! Failed! Done! GONE!!!

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Good news! There are spears and a bo staff!

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

WRONG!! I already said it, but to be clear for YOU; it's not about racisim...and it's ALL about changing and strengthening weaker characters at the expense of longer-term characters from the original.

If you want to go down the racist path on this, I think I've been pretty clear...IT AIN'T ABOUT THAT! So, rather than further your quasi-racist agenda...go elsewhere!

They RUINED the story with Michonne and Rick....and I don't give a # what color they are!~!!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join