It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Donald J. Trump Proclaims March 2017 as Irish-American Heritage Month

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Oh it's a "Thing" now...
and you're the epicenter of it's origin.

Hahah just kidding.
I know you aren't actually pissed.

I can tell it's a little peeve though.
Which we all have a lot of them depending on who we are and our perceptions.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
This world has become a very unfunny place because people can't laugh at themselves.
The PC culture has permeated every aspect of our society.
It sucks.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I've seen all kinds of shirts like that. Maybe some are not as common as others but they're certainly out there.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven
Boy, some of you ATSers would just be a hoot to hang out with!!

Ive never seen so many light-hearted, easy going people in one place before.

/sarc

(Lemme guess, Im the insensitive bad guy?)

Yes you are the bad guy.

I've been laughing because I find racial, cultural, or national stereotypes really funny, so long as people are cool and chill about it.

In fact, at least half of our stand-up comedians focus exclusively on stereotypes because they are so absurd sometimes you cannot help but laugh at em.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Sometimes people take themselves way too seriously.

Especially when it's written. It's hard to get the context of the person who's saying something.

What may seem offensive in writing may come across very different in person.

Things can be said where it's understood as a joke and other times the same thing can be said as an insult. It depends upon the situation.

I don't think anyone here has said anything out of malice however. In fact, I think a sign of not being racist is the ability to joke about it because the overall idea of it has become silly and therefore funny. But depending upon who's listening they may not be there yet.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

I figured as much.

This thread reminds me of something:

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden
This world has become a very unfunny place because people can't laugh at themselves.
It sucks.

Remember this?

Paris Magazine Attack

PARIS — Masked gunmen armed with AK-47s and shouting "Allahu Akbar" stormed the offices of a French satirical news magazine Wednesday in a terror attack that left 12 people dead, including the editor and two police officers.

It goes way beyond "PC Culture" and can be found all throughout history.
People get very angry when they are insulted by someone else's jokes, and if they cannot control their anger they sometimes even just murder people in a premeditated murderous rage.

Like one guy above said, religions can be the most touchy subjects of all.
This type of reality makes Internet anonymity very favorable so that people can say whatever they want.

In comparison to the extremist group that was behind the Charlie Hebdo shootings allegedly for cartoons of the Muslim Prophet Muhammad, the Irish appear to hardly even care at all about people stereotyping and making jokes about them being violent drunks.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

That explains a lot

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Thanks for the heads-up! To celebrate, I just purchased a St. Patrick's day Illinois lottery ticket. I'm hoping to not win more than $600. Illinois is only handing out I.O.U.'s for winnings over $600.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

originally posted by: c2oden
It sucks.

Remember this?

Paris Magazine Attack

PARIS — Masked gunmen armed with AK-47s and shouting "Allahu Akbar" stormed the offices of a French satirical news magazine Wednesday in a terror attack that left 12 people dead, including the editor and two police officers.

It goes way beyond "PC Culture" and can be found all throughout history.
People get very angry when they are insulted by someone else's jokes, and if they cannot control their anger they sometimes even just murder people in a premeditated murderous rage.

Like one guy above said, religions can be the most touchy subjects of all.
This type of reality makes Internet anonymity very favorable so that people can say whatever they want.

In comparison to the extremist group that was behind the Charlie Hebdo shootings allegedly for cartoons of the Muslim Prophet Muhammad, the Irish appear to hardly even care at all about people stereotyping and making jokes about them being violent drunks.

I remember.
But when the Irish start getting pissed off about Irish jokes, things have gone to far.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
When is Italian American month? October? Christopher Columbus and all?
Let's all raise a glass of green beer and sing that unicorn song by the Irish rovers.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I have a killer recipe for corned beef and cabbage if anyone needs one.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

That's what I'm wondering??? Italian American day!!! We can drink and eat and then eat some more. Then maybe we'll get something to eat too!!

And watch Goodfellas, and Godfather. Wear jogging suits and sing and dance!!! How about May??? Anything going on in may???

Let's not celebrate Columbus though. The guy actually turned out to be a real prick.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
I have a killer recipe for corned beef and cabbage if anyone needs one.

The one meal the Irish make that doesn't suck!! I love that stuff. Goes great with beer too. Although too much and things get a bit stinky.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: c2oden

For you-
Viewer discretion advised, lol:

But by God, these are the funniest of all (to me it is at least)!
Lee Mack:

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
That is pretty funny! May as well have a month for everyone! I'm like 27% Irish or something, do I qualify to benefit from this somehow? LOL.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Of course. You're 100% Irish for the whole month just like everyone else. Then in May you get to be Italian and so on.

What's more unifying than that???

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
When white people start getting sensitive about jokes about not being able to dance, all is lost.

BTW- Get your teeth off your bottom lip.
edit on 2017-03-02T20:41:31-06:002201702America/Chicago3 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Looks like I'll be drunk for two weeks, then in jail for two weeks.

#MAGA

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: xuenchen

So does this mean we are supposed to get sh*tty drunk every day this month instead of just on St. Paddy's???

Alright!!! First good policy by Trump so far. Not sure most of us will even be awake again until June though.

And straight out of the gate with the racist stereotypes of drunken Irish people!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join