It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Donald J. Trump Proclaims March 2017 as Irish-American Heritage Month

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   
That's fine and dandy we now have a month of Irish jigs, reels, and hornpipes; but it seems like that would have been a low priority considering the country is in all but shambles, our empire reaching its height some decades ago. We are in the throes of death, as far as nations go. That's why I think we see such a money grab these days. It's not just that the one percent have fallen prey to sociopathic avarice; its understood they better get it while the getting is good. All empires rise and fall. We had a good run, albeit short due to the pace of technological development. I just wonder who will rule the roost next?

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
When can we get a Native American, an European, an Arabic, a Jewish, a Hindu, and a Sino-Japanese history/heritage month? We need to figure this out so we can give everyone a month and not leave anyone out.

I propose that Irish month just be absorbed by European month because in historical terms, them getting their own entire month doesn't make sense.

Sadly I believe that of all the people who will be celebrated the native American community will be last. besides why give them a month having just sent a pipeline across their tribal lands. Black people suffered but at least we did not suffer the genocide of the original owners of this land. I confess that the black communities are infinitely better of than the native Americans.
edit on 5-3-2017 by Tiger5 because: Add in more text

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Nope.

the US Congress, by Public Law 101-418, designated March 1991 as "Irish-American Heritage Month"

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
A Chinese history month lol.
Mr. T is not bounded by egalitarianism but he's fighting it. That's only a part of the message. He's also trolling dems so that they have a bone to chew.
I feel that he would like to escape from the negativity and he'd like to start doing all the great things he was missing during many previous administrations. Doing all of them at once. It has to be frustrating being opposed everytime.

a reply to: TinySickTears

I understand your need to escape this very narrow stereotypical label. However it'll turn into the Simpsons anyway.
Let's wear a green T-shirt explaining your view in red. Then you'll be able to enjoy those traditions too.
Btw is your green-tattooed avatar exhaling a green smoke?
I'm not a jury.
Spring is a perfect opportunity to order a bag of healthy green stuff. Being Irish or not. (not) I prefer green Barley over Chlorella and my own herbal moonshine over estrogenic,sedative beer.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
a reply to: TinySickTears

What's really strange (to me at least) is that I've met a lot of people who go on and on about Irish stereotypes and claim they are pure Irish etc etc - yet I am convinced they don't have a drop of Irish blood in them.

Even better, "pure Irish" but they'd have to go back five generations to find the last family member who ever set foot in Ireland.

Oh, and half of them are direct descendants of some ancient King of Ireland. He must have been a randy one considering the amount of kids he appeared to have. Nobody is ever the "great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandchild of the man who scrubbed the garderobes", it's all kings, princes, or noble warriors from famous clans.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join