It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeff Sessions, Trumps new AG and Former Campaign Advisor, lied about his Russian contacts

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

What difference does it make? Obama did the same thing when he was actually in office, on tv no less, and no one cared even a little. For the toddlers who distinguish one case from another... Obama actually had the power to change policy, since he was already in office. Trump did not.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Who says Sessions was the one being monitored? Do you not think that Kislyak is being monitored? Considering his position and reputation I think it would be dumb not to gather intelligence on him.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: jkm1864

Ok I'm changing this because I was wrong. The ambassadors do interact with our government.

The question still remains as to what they talked about. And why he lied about meeting with them.

Setting aside that he perjured himself...and somehow accepting that he wasn't aware that Kislyak is Russia's top spy in DC...and somehow accepting that he would forget multiple meetings and a one on one meeting with the Russian Ambassador in his office during the height of the Russia investigation into election meddling...giving him all of those outrageous assumptions...

His explanation that he had that meeting as a member of the Armed Services Committee is just as bad..

He didn't tell anyone about the meeting and what the hell is a member of the Armed Services Committee discussing with the Russian government without informing anyone else on the Committee? Unilateral Negotiations with the Russian government informed by Classified Meetings and his position on the Committee?..Hell perjuring himself in the confirmation hearing is one thing...but even if he wasn't working with the Trump campaign at the time (which he was)...He met with a Russian spy in private in his office, lied about it, didn't disclose it to fellow members of the committee or anyone else and STILL hasn't explained what was discussed.
edit on 2-3-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: bender151

What difference does it make? Obama did the same thing when he was actually in office, on tv no less, and no one cared even a little.

If you do not understand the difference...nothing I can say will help you.

Willful...Dishonesty or ignorance isn't something that logic and facts have traction with.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Nope
I am not trying to deflect anything. If people in trumps campaign broke laws they should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. I am glad Flynn was asked to quit/fired. I do not want any more bs in washington dc than what we already have had.

That said if the former administration used our ic to gather info on our citizens we are all in big trouble. They can collect all they want on the russians no matter their location, but us citizens are supposed to be protected. Turning that kind of power against us citizens is tyranny.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

What does that have to do with the Justice Department admitting that Sessions met with the Russian ambassador twice last year?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

If Kislyak was monitored, the info gathered with respect to us citizens collected within the usa is protected. Using that info is illegal and very similar to what nixon did.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

It has to do with how they know the content of sessions portion of the conversation. Unless they got a fisa warrant against sessions the info is protected. If they did get a fisa warrant against sessions we are all in trouble.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
So
Anyone want to answer why a SITTING UNITED STATES SENATOR was being monitored by the intelligence gathering services of the usa?

Kisylak..Who Sessions was meeting with and lied about..Is Russia's chief spy recruiter in the USA.

The intelligence community describes him as a gentleman spy. It the same with certain US spies in Moscow. They are tolerated because they play by the spy-game rules and everyone knows who they are and it affords back-channel communications with Moscow.

Kisylak was the same guy Flynn was talking to and lied about.

LIKE FLYNN...the NSA was not monitoring Sessions...they were monitoring Kisylak, the chief Russian Diplomat/Spy Recruiter. They found out about Flynn via NSA taps on Kisylaks communications...not Flynns.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   

They don't know that portion. Sessions maintains he met about something else and the news is maintaining a position of ambiguity.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Are you as certain as you were that Hillary would get elected?

As far as perjury goes, still requires that the intent was to mislead. Contextually, during his confirmation hearing one could argue Sessions was talking about communicating with Russia as it pertained to the accusations of meddling with the election, not about Sessions regular rile as a senator where he met with 25 or so ambassadors last year.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

What does that have to do with the Justice Department admitting that Sessions met with the Russian ambassador twice last year?

What is also interesting...According to WH sources...Kislyak invited Sessions to dinner at his DC Residence and Sessions declined thinking it would look bad during the height of the US intelligence committee investigation Russian interference in the election. (So Sessions was aware of the implications)...He didn't want to be seen visiting the Ambassadors home...likely knowing it was watched by US intelligence. What Sessions decided instead was to have Kislyak meet him at Sessions office...which would not presumably being watched or bugged by US Intelligence.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

It's getting harder and harder to sweep these things under the rug. I woke up this morning and read the morning alert from WaPo on my phone and about skipped down the street while I was walking the dog. I cannot stress how much I dislike Sessions.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Robert Philip Hanssen (born April 18, 1944) is a former U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) agent who spied for Soviet and Russian intelligence services against the United States for twenty-two years from 1979 to 2001.

Hanssen was recalled yet again to Washington in 1987. He was given the task of making a study of all known and rumored penetrations of the FBI in order to find the man who had betrayed Martynov and Motorin;

this meant that he was looking for himself.

en.wikipedia.org...

Just saying...sometimes reality is wilder than fiction..

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I find these hysterics mind boggling coming from the left seeing as how it was Democrats and their media who were fawning over Castro when he died. It's left wingers and Democrats carrying around hammer and sickle flags at protests. It's left wingers and Democrats who subscribe to communism.

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

It's getting harder and harder to sweep these things under the rug. I woke up this morning and read the morning alert from WaPo on my phone and about skipped down the street while I was walking the dog. I cannot stress how much I dislike Sessions.

Really? It's pretty obvious. It's making you and the others insane.
edit on 2-3-2017 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
I find these hysterics mind boggling coming from the left seeing as how it was Democrats and their media who were fawning over Castro when he died. It's left wingers and Democrats carrying around hammer and sickle flags at protests. It's left wingers and Democrats who subscribe to communism.

Confused...ignoring the bizarre conflation of Democrats and Castro..What does that have to do with the topic?

So...Democrats should be pro-Russian espionage and election interference in the USA?

Or are you saying you are?

Castro + Democrats?
So Russian interference in US elections = Good?

???

You need to improve your derail/straw-man BS.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

If that portion is not known then how can anyone claim he lied?

If they catch sessions doing ANYTHING improper, shady,ect imo he needs to go.
How they catch him, to me, is just as important. Especially when the msm is making a big deal about the former administration "preserving" possible evidence that may be used in a future investigation.

Spying on our own citizens is in no way ok.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
I find these hysterics mind boggling coming from the left

Yes..those "hysterics" from the "left"..

Key G.O.P. Lawmakers Say Jeff Sessions Should Recuse Himself From Russia Inquiry
www.nytimes.com...

FBI pursuing at least 3 probes of Russian-backed hacking: report
thehill.com...

6 different agencies have come together to investigate Trump's possible Russia ties
www.vox.com...

edit on 2-3-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

LIKE FLYNN...the NSA was not monitoring Sessions...they were monitoring Kisylak, the chief Russian Diplomat/Spy Recruiter. They found out about Flynn via NSA taps on Kisylaks communications...not Flynns.

You do understand once they establish a us citizen is in the conversation they are NOT to record that portion UNLESS they have a fisa warrant against that specific us citizen?

So imo it appears we have either someone in the ic that has broken laws in recording an american citizen and then leaking the same, or we have a fisa warrant issued against an incoming administraion.

Either is bad.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

President Obama and John Kerry talked to the Russian ambassador many times and I'm sure thousands of other Americans. This doesn't prove anything. So it is a crime now to speak to anyone Russian? Why not make it a crime to speak to any Chinese people. More red herring from the dying Democrat Race Bating and Warmongering party.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join