It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disney's first 'exclusively gay moment' hits screens in Beauty and the Beast

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
This is a live action movie.

I know my kids wouldn't be interested in watching it. I think it's geared more towards young adults or teenagers.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Most kids won't pick up on it, and if they do they likely won't care unless they've been taught to react to it. Funny thing though is that Luke Evans who plays Gaston is gay. Where's the pearl clutching outrage for that?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Thank you

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

originally posted by: queenofswords
Well, it IS a remake. In today's climate, this should not surprise anyone. Parents that don't want their children exposed to this sort of thing early on before a certain age, should be aware that remakes of these wonderful older tales are going to be "adjusted". Just be aware before you take your small children.

any parent that has to be aware or be worried about those type things I would say has much more than disney movies to be worried about

You're probably not a parent then. (I know...you have neices and nephews...lol) Conscientious parents monitor what their small children are exposed to whether it is straight or gay innuendo. It is called 'age appropriate' awareness. There will be an age when it will be appropriate to discuss this with them, and then they will have the knowledge and understanding to avoid confusion when they see it.
edit on 1-3-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

Oh, My, Gosh, you people are still on this Gay agenda?? I can't wait for the Revolution because besides anarchy the LGBT+ agenda will also be pushed to the foreground and we will convert all the Children to be like us and it will be glorious!

Call me when they actually finally make a Gay Disney prince movie and not try and subtly hide it in the background

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Well, it IS a remake. In today's climate, this should not surprise anyone. Parents that don't want their children exposed to this sort of thing early on before a certain age, should be aware that remakes of these wonderful older tales are going to be "adjusted". Just be aware before you take your small children.

any parent that has to be aware or be worried about those type things I would say has much more than disney movies to be worried about

You're probably not a parent then. (I know...you have neices and nephews...lol) Conscientious parents monitor what their small children are exposed to whether it is straight or gay innuendo. It is called 'age appropriate' awareness. There will be an age when it will be appropriate to discuss this with them, and then they will have the knowledge and understanding to avoid confusion when they see it.

so now you are switching it to "age appropos" issue, rather than a gay issue.

See, i agree with you there, just no need to be worried about a dang disney movie as you were referring to in your other post
edit on 1-3-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
meh.

Zero net effect upon me.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

See, i agree with you there, just no need to be worried about a dang disney movie.

Age appropriate. When the child asks questions.

No specific age addresses when a child will experience different things in life.

If a child is raised in a community where people are openly gay - - much depends on the parents acceptance or judgement.

My child is raised openly. Also, in a mixed race/ethnic area. I did need to explain to him that people are born the way they are with different colored skin - - because of a name he wanted to use for one of his toys. Not appropriate to call a black toy figure "Burny".

Its interesting, he was raised without God belief. That's something he asks questions about.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

See, i agree with you there, just no need to be worried about a dang disney movie.

No specific age addresses when a child will experience different things in life.

If a child is raised in a community where people are openly gay - - much depends on the parents acceptance or judgement.

My child is raised openly. Also, in a mixed race/ethnic area. I did need to explain to him that people are born the way they are with different colored skin - - because of a name he wanted to use for one of his toys. Not appropriate to call a black toy figure "Burny".

Its interesting, he was raised without God belief. That's something he asks questions about.

I raise my child openly as well, I was thrilled to tell her that a boy and a boy can get married and so can a girl and a girl. I teach her that Christianity is a religion (her cousins are very religious) and that there are many religions. She in no way expresses that she wants to be Christian like that, and if she does, I would allow her to be and she would probably be more Christian than most.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I raise my child openly as well, I was thrilled to tell her that a boy and a boy can get married and so can a girl and a girl. I teach her that Christianity is a religion (her cousins are very religious) and that there are many religions. She in no way expresses that she wants to be Christian like that, and if she does, I would allow her to be and she would probably be more Christian than most.

Yes.

My 9 year old asked what gay means. We had to discuss what it used to mean and what it means today.

Because he asked me: "Does it mean happy?".

I told him its a natural/normal occurrence of the way some people are born. That some boys like boys, some girls like girls, some boys like girls, some girls like boys, and some like both. That he will know what is right for him when the time comes.

I also taught him "You're so gay" is inappropriate.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I raised my son similarly

...but these days, oh my, he'd probably catch 'the gay' from movies and stuff.
I feel for all parents now, it must be so much more challenging now gay people are no longer terrorised into hiding away.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Sounds pretty harmless to me. There is nothing wrong with letting children know that some men like other men.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: seasonal

Great, Disney has gone full retarded with their agendas.

They have been an evil corporation for years, but this is a new low even for them. Let kids be kids. They don't need to be pawns of liberal identity politics agenda in grade school.

being gay is not a liberal agenda..get over yourselves. Just bc you dont agree with something does not mean it is liberal agenda...

its reflecting real life!

It is "real life" in the first place because it was engineered to be "real life". Real life should evolve unhindered and natural, without interjecting things into the process. If that makes sense.

Good, let's get rid of man made religious ideologies.

Nature/natural does evolve unhindered without man's interference.

Except when it comes to how a person feels.

Then man made religious ideology and thousands of dollars trumps natural evolution.

Men can become women and vice versa.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Trans questions are not the discussion in this thread.
The topic is sexual orientation portrayed in a movie.
Not gender identity.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: Annee

I raised my son similarly

...but these days, oh my, he'd probably catch 'the gay' from movies and stuff.
I feel for all parents now, it must be so much more challenging now gay people are no longer terrorised into hiding away.

Is this a joke? play on words?

bc i dont see it as challenging, but a bigot would see it as challenging to raise a child bc gay is bad to them and they do not want their children to know it is a possibility and it frustrates them that gays are no longer hiding in closets.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Of course it was sarcasm, have you not read my previous posts in this thread?! Lol

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

lol, yes, i was questioning my whole day in this thread thus far

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Why were you thrilled to tell the boy/boy or girl/girl? Shouldn't this be just another fact?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Lol I'm switching between debating logically and taking the piss out of people who are scared their kids will turn gay watching the movie.

*edit*
To non Brit members, taking the piss means mocking.
edit on 1.3.2017 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

This, I'll write something out, and just delete it, it's pointless at times

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join