It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disney's first 'exclusively gay moment' hits screens in Beauty and the Beast

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

That is why they fear us, we have all the power!!

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Get em young and you will have them for life.

Sure why not indoctrinate CHILDREN.

Like Christianity?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

1. Fair enough
2. No idea what all that means
3. My kids are all grown up
4. Children see hetrosexual relationships all the time, because strangely they are considered normal. Sex education isn't necessary before the ages of around 10/11 yrs old. Until then let them be children and not gender confused identity unsure unicorns

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Yes, being gay is "real life". So are murderers, rapers, pedophiles, abusive husbands, drunk drivers, drug overdoses, well done steaks, cancer, etc. That doesn't mean they belong in a movie marketed to children.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Holy false equivalence Batman! First we had someone equating homosexuality to fetishes and now it's being equated to rape and murder.

It's not even like this character is having sex in the movie. He's just simply existing and happens to be gay. From the way things are described it sounds like, much like real life, you wouldn't even know he's gay unless you knew to look for it.

But apparently that's as bad as if they edited in some clips from BTK's snuff collection.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport

I would ask why you think it is ok for a huge company such as Disney to be pandering to the 3.8% of the USA population? It should be my choice when I educate my children on such issues not Disneys or any other corporation.

Everyone's trying so hard to be "more liberal than thou"

Having a gay character is not educating or an agenda. It is just having a gay character.

Why do you think that the minority of people who have an issue with gay people should have a veto on what characters are in movies?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Yes, being gay is "real life". So are murderers, rapers, pedophiles, abusive husbands, drunk drivers, drug overdoses, well done steaks, cancer, etc. That doesn't mean they belong in a movie marketed to children.

You really can't see what wrong with your post? Really?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: Annee

I raised my son similarly

...but these days, oh my, he'd probably catch 'the gay' from movies and stuff.
I feel for all parents now, it must be so much more challenging now gay people are no longer terrorised into hiding away.

Yes to be on the safe side we better not feature any form of minority or niche personality types in entertainment.

All movies should just feature white hetrosexuals staying at home watching television and occasionally going shopping.

That way parents will be saved from having to explain stuff to their children.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

I would ask why you think it is ok for a huge company such as Disney to be pandering to the 3.8% of the USA population? It should be my choice when I educate my children on such issues not Disneys or any other corporation.
'''

That's really the crux of it. It's not why people go to movies, it's not on kid's minds and it's not what parents want. So why does Disney keep doing it across it's various brands? It's disturbing. TBH, I would prefer NO sexual references in children's movies. It's kind of a no-brainer. I wonder how many of the supporters of Disney in this thread actually have kids?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Kids actually don't care about gay characters. It's mostly the parents who get outraged about them.
edit on 2-3-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   

TBH, I would prefer NO sexual references in children's movies.

So Disney should just stop making movies? I mean almost every single movie they make fits the mold of prince and princess fall in love. And even the ones that don't tend to include a love interest of some kind.

Hell, pretty much every movie, game, show, and book has a love interest. Should we just prevent children from interacting with any kind of media. They are to stay in their room at all times and stare at the wall until they are a teenager.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Right. Because parent's are astute enough to recognize an agenda when they see it. The kids are naive to it and need to be protected from it. LGBTQ doesn't want the rest of America to shove an agenda on them, they squawk, about it all of the time and rightfully so. But that cuts both ways - they need to stop that crap too.

If stuff like this wasn't an issue, there wouldn't be so much push back. It's not this one bit part of a movie that is the core issue, it's a 1000 incidences like this, all of the time, across all media, pushing the envelope.

There is a deeper conspiracy here, one of marketing and how sex is used to sell everything. It's been done for just about a century. We've become immune to it almost, particularly millennials and under, having grown up with complete media/marketing saturation, across all platforms. So what do the media corporations do? They up the ante. Where does it stop?
edit on 3/2/2017 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

'''

That's really the crux of it. It's not why people go to movies, it's not on kid's minds and it's not what parents want. So why does Disney keep doing it across it's various brands? It's disturbing. TBH, I would prefer NO sexual references in children's movies. It's kind of a no-brainer. I wonder how many of the supporters of Disney in this thread actually have kids?

So you think that the film should end with them becoming platonic friends? Snow-white would obviously still be asleep as no true loves kiss. Ariel still voiceless?

Oh and I have kids FYI.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

There are children's shows that have no love interest or any form of sexual content. As for me, I don't encourage my kids to watch the prince/princess bull#.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   

There is no such thing as the LGTBQ agenda. It is just awareness, and there is nothing wrong with awareness. It reduces opinions like yours from occurring when kids reach adulthood that's for sure.

There is a deeper conspiracy here, one of marketing and how sex is used to sell everything. It's been done for just about a century. We've become immune to it almost, particularly millennials and under, having grown up with complete media/marketing saturation, across all platforms. So what do the media corporations do? They up the ante. Where does it stop?

So this only becomes a problem when something you find icky is put in the movies? Sex should be normalized with kids too. It's a natural action that all humans do and we shouldn't be so damned ashamed of it all the time. It's the shame that gives rise to the perverts and creeps.
edit on 2-3-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I saw something recently saying that in Frozen II Elsa will reveal she's gay too.

Call me crazy but shouldn't sexuality be discussed with people who already have hair? You know....down there??? When does this come up at the tea party with the dolls and stuffed animals? Or while building red and blue skyscrapers out of legos? I'm the mother of three and sexuality like this just wasn't part of their play or childhood. Or mine for that matter.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Exactly. I'm not against people being who they are. But I resent popular culture shoving the issue of sexuality on us all of the time. It's up to parents - not society - to navigate this with our children. It's very, very difficult to parent these days - sometimes it's an up-at-down siege, it's often exhausting and it's occasionally demoralizing. I damn sure don't want to turn on the TV or see a movie and have to tread carefully through another parental minefield during a time that I should be relaxing and sharing something with my kid.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

There is so much wrong with that, it's not worth replying. But I'm quoting this for posterity:

Sex should be normalized with kids too.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: AtomicKangaroo
If only The Simpsons was a cartoon intended for children, then that point might be valid.

It's like saying "But South Park has a lot of a gay stuff in it"

South Park comes on at 10PM, The Simpsons comes on at 8PM, it is intended for children as well.

As I keep saying where do we draw the line?

I agree. This film will be filth personified, I do not want children watching an innocent young woman having bestial relations with her animal co-star/lover.

I am also very disgusted by that other fairytale where the princess tongue kisses the frog. Gross. Why cant people just keep to their species?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
a reply to: Xcalibur254

There are children's shows that have no love interest or any form of sexual content. As for me, I don't encourage my kids to watch the prince/princess bull#.

And if I still had little ones, if the beast and the princess get much past being buddies, my kiddos would have a DVD ejection moment. Or the prince and the princess. That sort of info comes when they can process that sort of info, and 5 or 6 ain't it.

And truthfully, it always sort of irked me that the good guys were always princes, princesses, ballerinas, et al. Why not have the good guy be a plumber and the beautiful girl be a math major?

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join