It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disney's first 'exclusively gay moment' hits screens in Beauty and the Beast

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
Oh good grief! Is nothing sacred? Do they have no shame in pushing their agendas?

What, exactly, is shameful about this?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

hmm are you following me by any chance? lol

It is, in my opinion, unecessary for Disney to do this and I don't believe it should be done. It is not down to the media or anyone else to educate children on such topics under the guise of entertainment. That is down to the parents

link   
a reply to: seasonal

You know, like all the other totally appropriate "delicious" moments in Disney movies about exploring your sexuality.

link   
We are glossing over the bigger issue. Promoting Wilderbeast Human sexual relations.

Let alone if one takes the plot at face value it is super messed up.

In general quite a few Disney movies when applied to real situations are super messed up.

I always hated this movie

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

As usual, you're oblivious. If you feel the role of educating your children on matters of sexuality is best served in corporate-fed "delicious" moments... well, for you that would make complete sense.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

I would ask why you think it is ok for a huge company such as Disney to be pandering to the 3.8% of the USA population? It should be my choice when I educate my children on such issues not Disneys or any other corporation.

Everyone's trying so hard to be "more liberal than thou"

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

Lol nobody has removed your choice of movies your kids watch.
Illogical rant much?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

originally posted by: queenofswords

originally posted by: veracity

originally posted by: queenofswords
Well, it IS a remake. In today's climate, this should not surprise anyone. Parents that don't want their children exposed to this sort of thing early on before a certain age, should be aware that remakes of these wonderful older tales are going to be "adjusted". Just be aware before you take your small children.

any parent that has to be aware or be worried about those type things I would say has much more than disney movies to be worried about

You're probably not a parent then. (I know...you have neices and nephews...lol) Conscientious parents monitor what their small children are exposed to whether it is straight or gay innuendo. It is called 'age appropriate' awareness. There will be an age when it will be appropriate to discuss this with them, and then they will have the knowledge and understanding to avoid confusion when they see it.

so now you are switching it to "age appropos" issue, rather than a gay issue.

See, i agree with you there, just no need to be worried about a dang disney movie as you were referring to in your other post

That's what you "heard"....that is not what I said. Knee-jerk reactions like that sometimes cause misunderstanding.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

So you think it acceptable then?
Ok well I disagree...it is not Disney's job

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
We are glossing over the bigger issue. Promoting Wilderbeast Human sexual relations.

This is what I pointed out earlier.

It's okay for a human female to fall in love with an animal as long as it is a heterosexual relationship.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport

hmm are you following me by any chance? lol

Not really. Just a coincidence.

It is, in my opinion, unecessary for Disney to do this and I don't believe it should be done. It is not down to the media or anyone else to educate children on such topics under the guise of entertainment. That is down to the parents

Why not? Disney wants to reach out to a certain demographic here. It's what they always do. They've already been at the forefront of feminism in movies for a while now.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
They've already been at the forefront of feminism in movies for a while now.

Yes, I recall the one about the female CEO and her seven employees.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: bender151

As usual, you're oblivious. If you feel the role of educating your children on matters of sexuality is best served in corporate-fed "delicious" moments... well, for you that would make complete sense.

Either you don't know the definition of "oblivious" or you failed to tell me what I was oblivious of. Unless you are insinuating that I'm supposed to be a mind reader and already know your opinion there.

By the way, why should Disney pretend like gay people don't exist?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I didn't hide my now adult son from learning that all kinds of people love each other, and never to hate love.
Teach your kids what you like or ban them from the movie.

...what can you possibly whine about?
Your rights as a parent are not infringed.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Do you also prevent your kids from going to the mall out of fear they'll see a gay person? Homosexuals exist in real life. Hell it doesn't even sound like this character will be blatantly gay. Which thank god we're finally done creating gay characters whose only character trait is being gay.

Besides, this is hardly Disney's first foray into the world of gay characters. One of the most popular shows on television, Modern Family, runs on Disney owned ABC and has a number of gay characters. Marvel, another Disney owned company, has introduced a number of gay characters over the years.

The simple fact is that most people don't care if a character is gay. If you don't want your kids seeing an actor depict a gay character then don't see the movie. That's your right. However, don't presume to think you speak for most of the US. This movie is going to crush it at the box office.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
This thread reveals the main weapon used by anti-gay people in general.

Just say whatever they do is an 'agenda' to make 'your people' 'like them'.

Then you can persecute them in some bizarre political self defense fashion, where by basically oppressing them, you're protecting yourself, as much as you want.

It's pretty sick the comments people make that come directly after such immense forethought towards protecting the sanctity of America's "Freedom".

People that spout "blah blah x agenda" are clearly the people with an Agenda, and turn anything they disagree with into a 'counter agenda' for the 'rights' to rip it down. The stereotypes only get more sad in real life, as they just assume people are contributing to agendas based on their most basic traits, like the 'black' agenda.

I'm personally now creating an Agenda(Because it's so obviously easy right) against people that constantly strawman the concept of an agenda for regressive arguments to make sense.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: jellyrev

This is what I pointed out earlier.

It's okay for a human female to fall in love with an animal as long as it is a heterosexual relationship.

Are you saying it's just another 'sexual preference' and we should all be tolerant of Belle's little peccadillo?

link   
Reading this thread...one would almost think that Disney movies were government mandated and mandatory viewing?

Don't like what they are selling, don't buy...pretty simple.

link   
a reply to: MacK80

Excellent!

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I reiterate it is unecessary in what is predominantly a childrens film

Anti gay? Oh how you would laugh at the absurdity of that assumption if you only knew me....but you don't

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join