It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disney's first 'exclusively gay moment' hits screens in Beauty and the Beast

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

originally posted by: veracity

Well, it IS a remake. In today's climate, this should not surprise anyone. Parents that don't want their children exposed to this sort of thing early on before a certain age, should be aware that remakes of these wonderful older tales are going to be "adjusted". Just be aware before you take your small children.

any parent that has to be aware or be worried about those type things I would say has much more than disney movies to be worried about

You're probably not a parent then.

I agree with veracity and I'm a grandmother - - 3 times.

"Oh, you can't be a mother if you don't fear the gays and their agenda".

Uh, NO!

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420
Reading this thread...one would almost think that Disney movies were government mandated and mandatory viewing?

Don't like what they are selling, don't buy...pretty simple.

Just the usual conservative justice warrior whine fest.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Are you saying it's just another 'sexual preference' and we should all be tolerant of Belle's little peccadillo?

You tell me. How do you feel about the kiddies watching a woman fall in love with an animal?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I've just commented on a female friend's fb pic of her beautiful new blonde hair...I think I watched Frozen too many times and got infected?!

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

While the character might be 'clearly' gay, there are nods towards homosexuality in other Disney movies.

-Terk from Tarzan is probably Lesbian.
-Ursula from the Little Mermaid has drag qualities
-Ratcliffe/Wiggins from Pocahontas dressed extremely effeminately
-Ratigan in Sherlock Holmes has a strange love-song like interlude with the hero
-Timon and Pumba from Lionking might not come off as gay, but tbh, there is fan theory nearly every character in the movie is secretly gay. I pick Timon and Pumba for what I hope obvious reasons.
-Genie from Aladdin was kind of gay.
-Pleakley crossdresses in Lilo and Stitch, more than once I believe.
-There's a weird relationship in Mulan with Shang and Mulan, and then he goes against kissing her once she literally looks her best. Also secret infiltration crossdressing scene by the soldiers.
-Male gargoyle tries to kiss a Male goat in The Hunchback of Notre Dame, but is rejected. This is just an odd scene. The original drawings had a Female goat.

There are many other 'theories' too with Baloo and Bagheera(Jungle Book), Cogsworth and Lumiere(Beauty and the Beast), Francis and Slim(A Bug's Life) etc. and that's just trying to stay within ideas of 'actually gay'. Kuzco from the Emperor's new Groove has some effeminate scenes and even crossdresses, but it can be asserted he's straight and more of a 'metrosexual' type.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I reiterate it is unecessary in what is predominantly a childrens film

Just as unnecessary as showing a heterosexual relationship.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Are you saying it's just another 'sexual preference' and we should all be tolerant of Belle's little peccadillo?

You tell me. How do you feel about the kiddies watching a woman fall in love with an animal?

I was just kidding with you. Of course, my little one back then already knew the story from the book before she saw the movie. She knew The Beast was really a young man.

He was under a spell. He was really a handsome young man that just needed to find the way to the right lady's heart and he would cast off the spell and become what he truly is....kind, loving, and an oh so handsome young man. He was in the process of taming those beastly traits and just needed Belle to ring his bell to to it.

It's a beautiful fairytale.
edit on 1-3-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

He was under a spell. He was really a handsome young man...

Kinda like when Bella had to choose between necrophilia and bestiality?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

He was under a spell. He was really a handsome young man...

Kinda like when Bella had to choose between necrophilia and bestiality?

Darn it! You're ruining a perfectly good fairytale!!

edit on 1-3-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

A beautiful fairytale of solely heterosexual love.

*edit*
...just to be clear, not the real world.
edit on 1.3.2017 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Darn it! You're ruining a perfectly good fairytale!!

Oh, noes! You thought Twilight was a good fairytale?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Lil red Riding Hood was best, never trust the transgender wolf...ever.

*edit*
...The anti transgender militant community need to set the bar for whatever it is they stand for lol
edit on 1.3.2017 by grainofsand because: drunk and can't be arsed

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
Lil red Riding Hood was best, never trust the transgender wolf...ever.

*edit*
...The anti transgender militant community need to set the bar for whatever it is they stand for lol

Wait until Disney gets their grubby mitts on it. Disney, putting the fairy in fairytale since the 1930's.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

...the same Disney people devolve parental responsibility to lol

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Get em young and you will have them for life.

Sure why not indoctrinate CHILDREN.

That is why parents should shut them off before they can do such harm. Just saying... turn off mainstream.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   

I guess people forgot about Smithers who has been on The Simpsons for decades.

If you watch it too many times you could catch The Gay.

Yeah, but like the common cold, it can easily be remedied. A cat of nine tails, a little electro-convulsive therapy, and a whole lot of prayer, and MAG (Media Acquired Gay) can be cured!!

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

1.I'm not a Liberal

2. Am I safe to assume you are a tireless defender of 'Muh constitution' and 'Freeze Peach'? if so, you should be defending them and giving them a platform to promote and pander to whomever they want

3. don't take your child to see that movie

4. when is it not ok to educate your child on Heterosexual relationships?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Haven't let the kids see a Disney Movie in at least a year or more. Not since they ran commercials for some seriously inappropriate stuff on their ABCFamily channel during a Harry Potter marathon. Later they switched to Freeform. It's blocked now.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   
i just love how all they need to do is mention that a minor character in one film is somewhat like me in one basic respect and all of a sudden the entire film industry is pandering to me, it's a very powerful feeling

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   

I guess people forgot about Smithers who has been on The Simpsons for decades.

If you watch it too many times you could catch The Gay.

If only The Simpsons was a cartoon intended for children, then that point might be valid.

It's like saying "But South Park has a lot of a gay stuff in it"

I mean keep in mind The Simpsons started off on the Tracy Ullman show, it didn't have it's roots in Saturday Morning cartoons.
Not surprised that there are still people though who automatically think cartoons = for kids.

End of the day though, it is on the parents what their kids watch, not the media and entertainment industry.

And while I am honestly fine with people choosing to live any life style they wish as long as it is consensual and no one is getting hurt. I am not fine with people pushing their agendas onto children to normalise it.
Doesn't matter what it is, religion, patriotism or sexuality and everything inbetween.
No reasonably sane adult should ever be okay with such manipulation.

As I keep saying where do we draw the line?
I mean it is funny that many people I know who are okay with gays stuff in kids shows and movies would have a fit if those same shows and movies would show polygamy as normal. Should we perhaps start showing BDSM culture in a "The Little Mermaid" reboot? After all people do it so therefore being tied up and whipped must be normal as surely those people were born that way?

Where and when do adult things start becoming unacceptable in a childs world these days?

Now excuse me, I need to go write a screenplay for a new Lilo and Stitch movie where Lilo is a 16 year old who has a fetish for small furry aliens and wrist and ankle restraints.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join