It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump weekends at Mar-a-Lago for 4th week

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio

I think another way of accounting needs to be in place...

the AirForce 1 is always on standby, the crews and support are always on the ready to actually having a trip...the only personal cost for a personal trip might be the fuel used to get to-&-from the destination...oh, and 'Landing Fees'

the same goes with the Secret Service guards and snipers... they are assigned duty and get paid whether at the WH or at a Florida private retreat... there is a difference between a skeleton-crew used during routine WH grounds duty and a TDY assignment that is at a personal retreat used as a temporary WH.... and that factor is the alleged Cost

I am relieved that the current WH occupant does not demand Muslim prayer times each & every day...probably with tax-payer-paid Prayer Rugs at the WH any more.... nor any extra security to insure that prying eyes or a nosey WH staff member didn't whistleblow about any alleged Transsexual evidence being discovered ~or are the CCTV camera streaming loops only in the IR spectrum, at the living quarters?~

Problem is you still have to secure the white house while he is in Florida. You have to pay lodging and per diem for all the crews, security and staffers which is greater then the cost if they didnt have to leave their PDS. You have to move support equipment like the presidential motorcade on a separate aircraft. Since the president is away the second VC-25 aircraft is put into standby incase the first breaks. You have to ensure the mobile command center E-4Bs are avialable if both VC-25s are in trouble. The list goes on for government expenditure not to mention cost to local businesses in Florida.

A couple of vacations each year I have no problem with the president doing. Nearly every weekend is when I start to have issues.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Been in Southwest Michigan for 20 years and after last year I really have heard enough about the Bears and Cubs

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Glad you brought this up because I thought the same thing from what I had read about him this weekend.

www.usatoday.com...

They were not in Florida this weekend it seems Byrd...

So was he there or not?
Funny how you all seem to be ignoring this comment.
I'm searching and I can't seem to find any other source reporting this. But by all means keep up this insistent yammering.

No he wasn't there

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
I just read he hosted a military ball at the WH while something was going on in Hollywood. Don't remember what was going on out west.

Say what?

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

originally posted by: Isurrender73
a reply to: Byrd

Should we expect him to have a lower quality of life than he earned for himself? Why shouldn't he be able to continue to live the life he had before he was President?

I have no problem with him going where he is comfortable on the weekends, especially because it appears that he is still conducting work on these weekends.

Just because you can't afford to go anywhere you want for your weekend, why should our President have to sacrifice so much because he is President?

His trips are fine with most people. Not gonna be able to stop the whiners from whining no matter what he did they would find a reason. He's the President, it's expensive to protect him, people like to point it out and whine.

If Obama had done this, you'd all be foaming at the mouth.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: fencesitter85

Should we expect him to have a lower quality of life than he earned for himself? Why shouldn't he be able to continue to live the life he had before he was President?

I have no problem with him going where he is comfortable on the weekends, especially because it appears that he is still conducting work on these weekends.

Just because you can't afford to go anywhere you want for your weekend, why should our President have to sacrifice so much because he is President?

His trips are fine with most people. Not gonna be able to stop the whiners from whining no matter what he did they would find a reason. He's the President, it's expensive to protect him, people like to point it out and whine.

Obama's criticism mostly came from when he announced American journalist James Foley had been beheaded by ISIS, and then literally 10 minutes later Obama was laughing it up on the golf course.
edit on 27-2-2017 by TruMcCarthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Faulty generalizations – reach a conclusion from weak premises. Unlike fallacies of relevance, in fallacies of defective induction, the premises are related to the conclusions yet only weakly buttress the conclusions. A faulty generalization is thus produced.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
At least he's not spending $63k for an order of hotdogs.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

I thought it was pizza.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

I thought it was pizza.

No Obama likes The Hotdogs.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

It's only not okay when anyone but a Republican does it. This is called being a partisan hack who puts party ahead of country.
edit on 27-2-2017 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

YES he has the freedom to bitch continually about a president abusing his positon and turning it into a concession stand.

He also has the right to compare the gross overspending of one president to another,

You may not like having the "freedom of expression" but you are wrong to criticize.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Good Reply.
Best to you

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
we are also paying for his sons business trips

that's pretty outrageous to me

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Humm, that's kind of hard since President Obama spent $96,938,882.51 Almost $100 million dollars.

Judicial Watch: New Obama Travel Costs Bring Eight-Year Total over $96 Million

Seeing how that source is lying on how much money Obama spent, it's hard to trust anything else they claim.

That's not counting how much money Obama's wife spent with her friends on vacations at the expense of taxpayers.

edit on 1-3-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: syrinx high priest

Which son are you talking about? Are you talking about the son in law that was given a White House appointment? I am guessing Obama's appointees never had travel expenses huh?

edit on 1-3-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Faulty generalizations – reach a conclusion from weak premises. Unlike fallacies of relevance, in fallacies of defective induction, the premises are related to the conclusions yet only weakly buttress the conclusions. A faulty generalization is thus produced.

Appreciated, but I'm not wrong. There would be thread upon thread of 'BARRY HUSSEIN COSTING US MILLIONS AT HIS PRIVATE RETREAT EVERY WEEKEND!!1'

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Faulty generalization. I understand it costs money to protect the president. I don't care where he goes on weekends. The job goes with him. No i wouldn't have been 'foaming at the mouth' if Obama or any other president had did this.
edit on 1-3-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
What a scam, Trump is quickly becoming the worst president in modern times.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Seriously, who cares. If you really care about your tax dollars being wasted, believe me you can find much worse causes for much more money.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join