It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump weekends at Mar-a-Lago for 4th week

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: FelisOrion

all you have to do is do the math. When was the last time anything he did at Mara Lago known to have been leaked?

We KNOW his phone calls and other meetings conducted in the White House were leaked.....so in order for your criticism to have any logical merit AT ALL you would have to at least find ONE thing he did in Mara Lago that had been leaked. Have any examples?

so, not a sycophant thing....a common sense and logic thing.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Glad you brought this up because I thought the same thing from what I had read about him this weekend.

www.usatoday.com...

They were not in Florida this weekend it seems Byrd...

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
He will probably go to the Southern White House every weekend where he continues to have meetings and work and get a little family time in. Get used to it. Do you think he should hold up on the 2nd floor of the White House 24/7? Sheesh!

Did you know that when Leon Panetta was Obama's Defense Secy. and CIA Director, he flew home to California every weekend....on a military jet no less?!

Defense Secretary Leon E. Panetta said Monday that he regrets that his frequent flights home to California on a military jet have cost taxpayers more than $800,000 since July. He gave no indication, however, that he would end the weekend commutes.

“For 40 years that I’ve been in this town, I’ve gone home because my wife and family are there and because, frankly, I think it’s healthy to get out of Washington periodically just to get your mind straight and your perspective straight,” said Panetta, who maintains a residence with his wife, Sylvia, on their walnut farm in Monterey, Calif.

www.washingtonpost.com... 2OMT_story.html?utm_term=.2ab661abb411
He is the President of the United States of America! You're damned right I expect that of him! For 4 or 8 years that is exactly what I expect out of him!! If he can't do that then he shouldn't be president! And a Defense Secretary is NOT the president. I don't care what he did, I care what the president does! I'm holding him to the highest standard deal with it.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
he deserves to go to florida every weekend, it`s bad enough that he has to run the country from that crime infested $hithole, Washington D.C., he shouldn`t be forced to stay there on the weekends too.

if given the choice to spend the weekend in florida or in D.C. I don`t know anyone who would chose D.C.

(post by Justso removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: EightAhoy

originally posted by: Byrd

President Trump will once again spend the weekend at his Florida private club, as his 4th straight taxpayer funded trip will set a record by spending more money on travel in a month than former President Obama spent in a year.

Ken Vogel of Politico reported that Trump is heading back to Palm Beach, FL to meet with donors, “The party’s biggest donors are gathering in Palm Beach for a retreat organized by the Republican National Committee, and the president has been announced as the featured speaker, according to people with knowledge of the plans. A number of senior administration officials will also attend the retreat, the people familiar with the planning said, a key draw for the donors.”

Taxpayers will now be paying for Donald Trump and senior administration officials to meet with Republican donors in Florida. It is not a coincidence that the RNC is holding the donor retreat on the weekend in the same city as Trump’s private club.

When President Trump makes his fourth trip to his club in Florida, he will have spent more money on those trips alone ($13 million) than former President Obama spent during an entire year on travel ($12.1 million).

Source

...and that's only a month into his presidency.

Frankly, I'm not happy at what his upkeep costs us - we pay for Trump Towers and Meliana and his son we pay for Mar-a-Lago (which he then rents to others and the rents come back to him), we pay for his buying his own water and wine from his own companies (or his son's companies) to resell to the visitors who are there. Meanwhile, he's understaffed (by at least 1900 positions.) I suppose we're saving those salaries, but that doesn't make up for what he's costing us.

There's charts somewhere on the amount of time he spends doing various things. He seems to be wasting our money and our time (particularly on his twitter fights.)

A donor retreat organized by the RNC? If it is a fundraiser for the RNC, a formula exists for the RNC to reimburse the federal government. Remember when everyone was crying foul over Obama's fundraising jaunts and MSM defended saying it was usual and customary?

FACT CHECK: Air Force One, Who Pays?

"There are payments that are made by the [Democratic National Committee] to the federal government anytime the president is traveling for political purposes," White House spokesman Josh Earnest told reporters, who were also flying aboard the presidential 747. "Those rules apply both for routine fundraising trips but also when Secretary Clinton is aboard Air Force One."

In the 2012 election cycle Obama attended 228 fundraisers. Yeow!

Source: PolitiFace New Hampshire Tuesday, January 20th, 2015 at 5:30 p.m.

Our ruling Lessig said Reagan attended eight fundraisers in 1984, while Obama attended 228 in the 2012 cycle.

How many of those fund raisers were held at resorts he owned?

And let me know when you confirm, with a legitimate source, that it is going to be held THIS WEEKEND (not this past weekend as the OP and the cited source stated) at Mar a Lago.... because, well no other hotels exist in Palm Beach such as the Four Seasons or The Breakers, and no billionaires who could host a fundraiser live in Palm Beach County.

But be sure to keep an eye out for the Palm Beach County Republican fundraiser that WILL be held at Mar A Lago in March in case Trump shows up. We'll need a new thread on that, again.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wildmanimal
a reply to: Byrd

So , are you happy with the fact that out of
9 trillion spent during the last administration:
Social Security imbalances were not addressed at all.
(etc)

Remedies were attempted (see summary articles on the 111th, 112th, 113th, and 114th US Congress) but in general they never happened. Both sides of Congress acted to block and stall each other and the Republicans tried to block almost everything the last administration tried Congress even partially shut down the government for awhile because they couldn't agree on anything.

Our Supreme Court still has an unfilled vacancy because of Congress. This impacts their efforts to hear and decide the court cases that affect the law of the land.

Yet you have a problem with the the costs of security
for the current President of The United States of America.

Not him. I have a problem with his forcing us to pay for his adult family's houses and hotels.

We Americans footed the bill for his grown sons Donald and Eric to open the Trump golf resort in Dubai. I don't want American taxes to pay for their travel for their father's business.

As far as I am concerned, No Expense Shall Be Spared Regarding
The Security, Protection, and Well Being of The President of The United States of America.

I want "reasonable security." I think there are points where it can go too far - for example, if he calls up the Army and wants an entire battalion plus tanks for his security everywhere he goes, that's entirely beyond the scope of 'reasonable.' If he wants a security force of thousands of police to shut down and enforce a strict curfew of Palm Beach every time he comes into town, that's unreasonable in my book.

Your mileage may vary.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
he deserves to go to florida every weekend, it`s bad enough that he has to run the country from that crime infested $hithole, Washington D.C., he shouldn`t be forced to stay there on the weekends too.

So you had no problem with Obama leaving DC for vacations? Or Bush traveling to Texas all those times (that really irritated me, let me tell you.)

I thought I remembered that you were outraged over Obama's travels -- but I could be mistaken.

You surely can't have a belief that "it's wrong if this guy does it but it's okay if this other guy does it" - life's rules aren't conditional. You can't have or expect justice if things are "okay if person A does them" and outrageously wrong if "person B does them."

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: queenofswords

What's funny is that Sean Spicer keeps denying what the anonymous source claims only to be proven a liar over and over... and you're upset that there's a leak not that the administration is lying to America on a daily basis.

Give me one lie out of President Trump's own mouth.

Make it a lie on the level of this: Four Americans were killed in Benghazi because of a video"....not "look what's happening in Sweden. Sweden!".
edit on 27-2-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: Isurrender73

Because he took the job of president.

Right FROM Hilary - YEAH HE DID!

Dorian Soran v2.9.3

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Some of this reminds me of arguments I've witnessed between Christians as to whether the "True Baptism" is dunking or sprinkling. People ask for direct quotes and then paraphrase what some one else has said.

Here's the fact: it was a common whine among Obama detractors about his vacations, time off and golf games and how much that was costing the Treasury.

Now, that it's Trump (spending factors of ten times more money and taking weekly time off) for some of those same people it's okay ... because it's Trump.

That's just basic human hypocrisy, not that much to see here.

Anyone who claimed that Obama was being worshiped while finding yourself continually arguing that Trump can do no wrong ... should look in the mirror.

And NONE of this is going to move us forward as a country. "you said/I said/they said/we said" ... just BS upon BS.

Not unlike arguing about how what quantity of water cleanses your immortal souls.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I'll admit that being President is a stressful job and that they occasionally need a "vacation" (as Nancy Reagan said, "Presidents don't get vacations - they just get a change of scenery.") But even his most ardent supporters have to admit that Trump flying down to Florida almost every weekend is a bit excessive.

If he needs to get out of DC for a few days why not take advantage of Camp David? It's only an hour from DC and is already paid for. If he wants to go golfing why not use the course he owns right outside DC?

The man has more cost effective options but he seems to keep going for the most expensive. That's one of my biggest problems with the whole situation. That and the hypocrisy from the Right who complained anytime Obama even spent an afternoon on the golf course.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
People forget Trump is a billionaire who all his life lived like one.

For most presidents it’s a huge upgrade to live in the White House, for Trump its no big thing; is like moving to the ghetto.

He'll be out of the White House as much as he can

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: EightAhoy
Thought same. Article repeats that number more than once. DNC must have deep pockets to reimburse and/or most fundraisers were in DC-area?

Most were DC area. 228 is about average these days. Just about every Senator and Rep has a fundraiser a week in DC. The President is expected to attend several of these as part of being their parties leadership

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
Maybe taking days off will save him from the horrendous Presidential aging process!

And do you really think that if he didn't take these trips the Government would what....refund your taxes? Of course not they'd be spent on something else just as frivolous. Where your taxes go is none of your business you don't have a say in that ...unfortunately

No. you're missing the point. The money doesn't matter, if he does this for 4 years it's going to amount to 2 second worth of federal spending. It's the ethics of doing so that's up for debate. The President is given two vacation resorts in Camp David and Martha's Vineyard, maybe there's more I'm not thinking of. The government owns those, and pays for the Presidents entoruage to attend. When going to Trumps resort, what happens is Trump rents out rooms to his staff, he collects those rents. Then he pays for their food as well, and charges security for his presence. On top of that, he's selling access to himself to those who buy their way into his club.

It's putting access to the President for sale, and allowing Trump to bill the government for millions upon millions of dollars every weekend. It's so unethical, it's like the sort of example you would use to explain to a child why we even have a concept known as ethics.

Trump is such a failed businessman he hasn't made a single dollar in profit outside of inflation in 40 years, yet he's monetizing the Presidency to such an extent that he's going to make about $2 billion dollars at this rate in 4 years. It isn't right. The President gets a salary, there's no reason he should be billing the goverment above and beyond that.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

Should we expect him to have a lower quality of life than he earned for himself? Why shouldn't he be able to continue to live the life he had before he was President?

Because he serves the people now, that's why.

You make it sound as if filling the role of president is beneath his standards. He isn't king, he is a public servant.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: Tardacus

So you had no problem with Obama leaving DC for vacations? Or Bush traveling to Texas all those times (that really irritated me, let me tell you.)

I thought I remembered that you were outraged over Obama's travels -- but I could be mistaken.

You surely can't have a belief that "it's wrong if this guy does it but it's okay if this other guy does it" - life's rules aren't conditional. You can't have or expect justice if things are "okay if person A does them" and outrageously wrong if "person B does them."

So if I look into the past posts, I am going to find the same outrage from you concerning Person A (obama) that you have for Person B (Trump) and their travel patterns? Because, you know you CANT be mad at one and not the other, since life isn't conditional, right?

Dorian Soran
edit on 27-2-2017 by DorianSoran because: Spelling error

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Good job, can't wait for your "Trump weekends at Mar-a-Lago for 5th week" update.

I don't like Trump , but when I do its because of a Hillary supporter. Heck of a job byrdie!!!

Keep up the good job, I will make sure to go out and vote for Trump next time just to see the triggering effect go nuclear and to get weekly updates on how trump is buying the expensive toilet paper for 400th week .

LOL , you guys and gals have lost your ever loving mind with this election.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

DBL post,

edit on 30228America/ChicagoMon, 27 Feb 2017 11:30:20 -0600000000p2842 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join