It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump declines to attend White House Correspondents' Dinner!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG

President Trump promised to "drain the swamp". A significant part of that "swamp" is the collusion between the MSM and the Left. This is just another massive Trump salvo into the trenches of the already shell-shocked leftist MSM.

He's simply not going to play by their rules.

He never drained the swamp, just changed the scum in it. Like his friends..etc who tell America, the hell with you and livelihood.

Regarding the press, he has proven yet again he does not like it when they ask the hard questions or point out his lies.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock
a reply to: SaturnFX

Oh bull crap. You are just mistaking a POTUS that doesn't cotton to the press much and it looks like a dictator to you? And you know what screw Fox as well.

He don't have to talk to these bastards. None of them. And its don't mean hes a dictator.

Doesn't have to inform the people of his antics..okay, fine, but the press is meant to find and expose every scumbag thing this dictator gets up to and lets all hope the triggered king gets all the exposure he can hate..I dont think he will remove the 1st amendment, after all, it is protected by the second, but I have no doubt he would like to if he could.

Gonna be a fun 3.5 years watching the hard right neocons in full dictator defense mode. nice collection of quotes to use once the flip happens and they are flipping out about the left wing.

Wouldn't it be neat if there was a set of standards and principles people had..such as a open and transparent system..nope..football games is all we get from politician and people..if my team does it. huzzah..if their team does it, evil.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Mictain

Until California tightens up their requirements to vote, I have my doubts.

It's almost a mathematical impossibility for someone to win 31 states and 304 electoral votes and not win the popular vote.

Of course, that doesn't matter.

Trump won and Bill Clinton's wife lost.

Enjoy that conservative Trump Supreme Court for the next 25 years.
edit on 25-2-2017 by SBMcG because: Bill Clinton's wife caused Benghazi.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SBMcG

Why go to a CABAL sponsored Frankist Zevite Roast---Ya seen SNL lately and much of the tv programming?--sucks
edit on 25-2-2017 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: mkultra11

It's a fallacy that only CNN and such are the only only media outlets that ask "tough" questions. They don't. They ask loaded questions with the intent of catching a headline. When they don't get the answer they want they badger him until they get what they want. Trump doesn't budge. They hate it. They don't ask substantive questions, just sensational self serving questions that don't serve the American people in general. There are other media outlets in the US that deserve a seat. Trump is breaking up the establishment media monopoly they've had. This is a good thing for the people.

That is such complete BS, he simply does not like being asked questions that make him look bad. He wants the press to kiss his butt and only make him look good...SAD

He is trying to surround himself with yes men and women and that includes the press.

You guys can spin it anyway you want but that is the truth.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mictain

President Trump promised to "drain the swamp". A significant part of that "swamp" is the collusion between the MSM and the Left. This is just another massive Trump salvo into the trenches of the already shell-shocked leftist MSM.

He never drained the swamp, just changed the scum in it. Like his friends..etc who tell America, the hell with you and livelihood.

Regarding the press, he has proven yet again he does not like it when they ask the hard questions or point out his lies.

You leftists lost. Obama was a miserable failure who leaves office with ZERO legacy, and Bill Clinton's laughably-unaccomplished and inept wife took an historic beat where she not only lost the electoral vote, but likely the legal popular vote as well (an investigation is in the works).

I don't know what you want me to say. I am a constitutional conservative who was tired of watching the attempts by the Left to "fundamentally transform" this constitutional republic into a top-heavy redistibutionist nightmare.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Trump won the popular vote by 1.3 million if you factor out California.

Anyone can vote in California as long as they have a photo ID of ANY KIND.

You do the math. It is almost IMPOSSIBLE for someone to win 304 electoral votes and lose the popular vote given the demographics of the 2010 census.

Excuses and lies don't make the facts not true, he lost the popular vote.

Why do you ignore the electoral college?

Trump trumped Hillary! He played the game and won!

Regardless of how much you think this country is a Democracy (it's actually a Republic) mob rule was ruled out by our founders because they were intelligent enough to realize how dangerous it could become?

And just so I don't get another God damn off topic post, President Trump is doing everything the Constitution grants him to do! Yea, even his speech that offends those of you on the Progressive left! He has the same right to speak as do you and every one of us!

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: superluminal11

Why got to a CABAL sponsored Frankist Zevite Roast---Ya seen SNL lately and much of the tv programming?--sucks

As far as I can see, pretty much everything Trump does is fundamentally strategic. This is just another example of him controlling the narrative.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

That makes no sense because whether CNN is at the Correspondents' Dinner or not, they can't ask President Trump any questions there, and the last time they did, at his last press conference, they got their a***s handed to them.

I'm pointing out that CNN isn't going anyway which is what carewemust was suggesting was the reason for him not going. But they aren't going. They've already declined to attend. That has nothing to do with them asking questions or anything else you're talking about.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Just like the Academy Awards, this 'dinner' is almost at the top of my 'totally irrelevant' scale.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

That is such complete BS, he simply does not like being asked questions that make him look bad. He wants the press to kiss his butt and only make him look good...SAD

Hense why he hates pretty much all press..even Breitbart struggles with this one

This president is a mockery of the many great men who stood in that office..its a parody presidency and a 4 year lesson for the left to eject their lunatics and get back to the roots.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Right on. Gotcha...

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Just like the Academy Awards, this 'dinner' is almost at the top of my 'totally irrelevant' scale.

Yessir! There's no upside for Trump to go to this dinner, and without him there, it's effectively irrelevant.

That's the real strategic victory.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Mictain, what are you personally going to do to help get the people you want, in control of the Senate/House in 2018? You need to change the tactics that you used for the 2016 election, don't you agree?

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Regardless of how much you think this country is a Democracy (it's actually a Republic) mob rule was ruled out by our founders because they were intelligent enough to realize how dangerous it could become?

And just so I don't get another God damn off topic post, President Trump is doing everything the Constitution grants him to do! Yea, even his speech that offends those of you on the Progressive left! He has the same right to speak as do you and every one of us!

The same electoral college that Trump and his supporters wanted gone because they thought Clinton was gonna win and now only love because he won.

I read some past posts on here about it and they were all saying he would win the popular vote but not electoral college vote and were asking for it to end. LOL Now they love it and consider the popular vote worthless.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Trump was epic at the last "media" comedy dinner he was involved in...and if there was any question about whether or not he's not being controlled by "them", that dinner was a pretty good clue that he isn't.
edit on 25-2-2017 by FlukeSkywalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: mkultra11

It's a fallacy that only CNN and such are the only only media outlets that ask "tough" questions. They don't. They ask loaded questions with the intent of catching a headline. When they don't get the answer they want they badger him until they get what they want. Trump doesn't budge. They hate it. They don't ask substantive questions, just sensational self serving questions that don't serve the American people in general. There are other media outlets in the US that deserve a seat. Trump is breaking up the establishment media monopoly they've had. This is a good thing for the people.

He is trying to surround himself with yes men and women and that includes the press.

You guys can spin it anyway you want but that is the truth.

Sure, prove to me that CNN and the others he's named were not openly hostile to his candidacy and now pewsidency and never mislead the American people. This is a known fact. Then you say "tough questions" and that's complete bull# and you know it. How about good questions? Those exist too, and they are also rough questions bc they are substantive. These media outlets do not practice that form of journalism. They practice the 24 hour news cycle, headline catching, sensational, politically motivated crap style of journalism. The people don't want that. Also, what you are complaining about is exactly what Obama did to such an extreme extent and you don't seem to have a problem with that.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

The same electoral college that Trump and his supporters wanted gone because they thought Clinton was gonna win and now only love because he won.

I read some past posts on here about it and they were all saying he would win the popular vote but not electoral college vote and were asking for it to end. LOL Now they love it and consider the popular vote worthless.

I am a Trump supporter and I NEVER questioned the electoral college and why it was in place?

Care to project some more?

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Yessir! There's no upside for Trump to go to this dinner, and without him there, it's effectively irrelevant.

That's the real strategic victory.

BINGO.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Mictain, what are you personally going to do to help get the people you want, in control of the Senate/House in 2018? You need to change the tactics that you used for the 2016 election, don't you agree?

The tactic the left used in 2016 is "we got this, hell, dont worry, you dont even need to go vote its soo in the bag for the left".

I think from here on out, what they need to do is reverse, toss the crazys out, court the local farmer as much as the urbanite, and tell them all that they need to get off their arse and go vote or stop bitching in the streets after that they lost.

The left has the majority of the country, but a mass amount of the left (leaning and full) are also mostly non political and will avoid lines they see as inconsequencial..aka, the left is lazy.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join