It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump declines to attend White House Correspondents' Dinner!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Mictain, what are you personally going to do to help get the people you want, in control of the Senate/House in 2018? You need to change the tactics that you used for the 2016 election, don't you agree?

Well I predicted a Trump win because noone was taking him seriously and they did not go hard for certain states because everyone thought he would not take them and could not possibly win the election. I was right about Clinton winning the popular vote and everyone thought I was crazy when I said that, they agreed she would win the popular vote but disagreed with me when I said he would the presidency. My friends never took him seriously, they laughed it off and said America is not that stupid.

Now, they will work their butts off and if Trump keeps up with what he is doing, the midterms will be an buttwhooping for the right and so will the next presidential elections.

They will take him seriously and not as the joke they thought he was, well still is.
edit on 25-2-2017 by Mictain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
President Trump is not going to the Correspondents' Dinner...

[Because I love (and fear) the mod's...]

That being said, when I can distill the math into easily-translatable terms, I will make my case about California.

I am 100% certain that it is not mathematically feasible for Trump to have won 31 states and 304 electoral votes and not have won the LEGAL popular vote.

link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: Logarock
a reply to: SaturnFX

Oh bull crap. You are just mistaking a POTUS that doesn't cotton to the press much and it looks like a dictator to you? And you know what screw Fox as well.

He don't have to talk to these bastards. None of them. And its don't mean hes a dictator.

Doesn't have to inform the people of his antics..okay, fine, but the press is meant to find and expose every scumbag thing this dictator gets up to and lets all hope the triggered king gets all the exposure he can hate..I dont think he will remove the 1st amendment, after all, it is protected by the second, but I have no doubt he would like to if he could.

Gonna be a fun 3.5 years watching the hard right neocons in full dictator defense mode. nice collection of quotes to use once the flip happens and they are flipping out about the left wing.

Wouldn't it be neat if there was a set of standards and principles people had..such as a open and transparent system..nope..football games is all we get from politician and people..if my team does it. huzzah..if their team does it, evil.

I understand that and am cool with that but have many years watching the press and they are not instruments of the people, for or by the people.

link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Maybe you never questioned the EC but others did. I think most of us remember it quite clearly. Similar to how he was saying how the election was "Rigged" right up until he won and then all of a sudden it was all legit.

Well, other than those millions of illegals who voted. LOL

That's just how Trump tries to cover all the bases. He starts hedging his bets in case he loses but then tries to deny it after he wins. It's pretty obvious the way he operates.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mictain

originally posted by: seeker1963

Why do you ignore the electoral college?

Trump trumped Hillary! He played the game and won!

Regardless of how much you think this country is a Democracy (it's actually a Republic) mob rule was ruled out by our founders because they were intelligent enough to realize how dangerous it could become?

And just so I don't get another God damn off topic post, President Trump is doing everything the Constitution grants him to do! Yea, even his speech that offends those of you on the Progressive left! He has the same right to speak as do you and every one of us!

The same electoral college that Trump and his supporters wanted gone because they thought Clinton was gonna win and now only love because he won.

I read some past posts on here about it and they were all saying he would win the popular vote but not electoral college vote and were asking for it to end. LOL Now they love it and consider the popular vote worthless.

More projection. It just baffles me how blatant it is. It's the left who wants to do away with the electoral college bc they didn't have the super delegates in their pockets like they did to steal the nomination from Bernie. Then they terrorized via death threats electors to change their electoral votes to Hillary to steal another one. Popular votes will never win an election for the precise reason not to have 2 states determine an election. This is exactly how our electoral process was intended from the beginning and it works perfectly. Except when your candidate loses of course.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Maybe you never questioned the EC but others did. I think most of us remember it quite clearly. Similar to how he was saying how the election was "Rigged" right up until he won and then all of a sudden it was all legit.

That's just how Trump tries to cover all the bases. He starts hedging his bets in case he loses but then tries to deny it after he wins. It's pretty obvious the way he operates.

Factor out California (my birth state) and President Trump won by 1.3 million votes.

You live in California. You know that all it takes to cast a vote in a national election is show up at a polling place with your photo on the back of a Vons card. You know how many illegals are organized by leftist groups to vote in that state.

I personally don't buy for one minute that Trump didn't win the LEGAL popular vote.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

I read past threads on this and people on here were saying the exact same things about the electoral college.

Things like the electoral college does not represent the popular vote, which they all thought he would win and that when he won the popular vote but not the electoral college, it would prove it was rigged. LOL

Now all of sudden, the electoral college is not rigged but the popular vote is . LOL

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: mkultra11

More projection. It just baffles me how blatant it is. It's the left who wants to do away with the electoral college bc they didn't have the super delegates in their pockets like they did to steal the nomination from Bernie. Then they terrorized via death threats electors to change their electoral votes to Hillary to steal another one. Popular votes will never win an election for the precise reason not to have 2 states determine an election. This is exactly how our electoral process was intended from the beginning and it works perfectly. Except when your candidate loses of course.

Those are the left idiots who believed in the electoral college when they assumed she would take it but now have jumped on the wagon the right jumped off.

I mean the wagon where trump and the right were calling the electoral college out of date and rigged but now it is the idiots on the left who have taken up that chant regarding it being out of date.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: SBMcG

He's got my support--good guy

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
Always said respect is something you earn!!

You're talking about Trump, right?

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Why did it take for Trump to win and Hillary to lose to see such an adamant movement against the electoral college?

Sore losers?

You can't change the rules after your team lost?

Either way, so that I don't get an off topic post, Trump has as much freedom to speak his mind and say what he means as do everyone of us who believe in the 1st!

You might not like what you hear, but then again, I might not like what comes out of you mouth either? So where do we go from here?
edit on 25-2-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Well.. if you look at the platform of Democrats, they believe in taking from hard working people and giving it to everyone else. So naturally, they are going to be lazy when it's "rubber meets the road" time. GIVE ME = LAZY.

They need to change that "Stronger Together" motto to something else for the Mid-Terms. Maybe the new DNC chief, Thomas Perez, will use something that worked in the Dominican Republic, his country of origination.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
For Donald Trump, the President of the United States, not to attend the annual White House press dinner is a very bad sign.

For one thing it is a testimony to Mr. Trump's thin skin. For another it is a testimony to his lack of a sense of humor. For another thing it is a wasted opportunity to meet the press in a relaxed situation where a softening of the attitude of much of the press toward him might be achieved. For another thing it brings to mind his boorish behavior at the Al Smith dinner, where he repeatedly and with no grace at all, skewered Hillary Clinton at what was supposed to be a relaxed "time out" from the election campaign.

Mr. Trump has been stumbling and fumbling with a succession of foreign leaders and with his executive order on immigration. He needs to start doing something right, or somebody needs to start doing something right for him.

At this rate, if he makes it to the mid term elections, he is going to get a major wake up call.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Mictain

Exactly. His ego could never handle losing so before the actual election happened he was setting up the narrative that it was all rigged so he could claim that when he lost.

But when he won, much to everyone's surprise, he had to drop that narrative. But then when it was shown that he didn't win the popular vote he had to pick it up again and modify it.

That's what someone does when they can't handle the reality of losing. They try and change reality. It's sad and also a dangerous quality to have in someone who's in charge. Because that means they are inclined to cover up their mistakes with lies rather than face them and correct for them.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Good......

I think that whole thing is just a huge gloat fest , with all the media ites and others fawning all over each other , and being as fake as they possibly can......

Ugh disgusting show of insincere bs........

Good on you Trump.......

It's possibly the most OPEN example of self-indulgent crony capitalism we have.

Trump was brilliant to dodge this.

1) He jumped on this before the media could make a story about it. Once again he owns the news cycle.

2) He did well for himself announcing this before the big name elitists announced their stay at home protest.

Seriousky, how does this guy win so much? For never being a politician he's holding a full deck.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The system is rigged and has been rigged since the death of JFK, so all we can do is hope...

So now the system is not rigged or only rigged when you think your guy is going to lose? LOL

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Your intuition was keen for this election, Mictain. The same thing happened in the 2000 Presidential election, when Bush beat Gore.

If you want to take a Congressional majority in 2018, you'll need to get to work starting right now. Every time President Trump makes a move, Democrats should say what they would do BETTER. Don't just complain. As you saw with Hillary, complaining is EASY and will not win an election.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

First of all, Hillary wasn't my team. I hated Hillary. I didn't want her to win. Of course I didn't want Trump to win either, so I was screwed either way. So be it.

Of course you and Trump have every right to say what you want. When did I ever say you couldn't???

I'm not trying to change any rules either. Not sure where you're getting that.

From here I guess we just keep saying stuff that the other doesn't like to hear. I'm fine with that. After all, why break with tradition.

If we find one day that we are somehow in agreement all the time, then we'll know for sure that one of us has suffered some sort of trauma.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Your intuition was keen for this election, Mictain. The same thing happened in the 2000 Presidential election, when Bush beat Gore.

If you want to take a Congressional majority in 2018, you'll need to get to work starting right now. Every time President Trump makes a move, Democrats should say what they would do BETTER. Don't just complain. As you saw with Hillary, complaining is EASY and will not win an election.

Yep all my friends and colleagues, would just complain and bytch about Trump, no one actually did anything. I saw the same thing during the elections, people assumed she would win and would only crap on anything he said or would not take him seriously.

Only now are people standing up and letting their voices be heard, where were they during the elections. I know where, sitting at home drinking tea/coffee having no worries because Trump is not going to win.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

IMO, as bad as Trump and the Republicans are I'm not too thrilled about a future with Democrats in charge either.

The Democrats, even after all of this Trumpishness BS still don't get it.

The only one who gives a crap about the people is still just Bernie. The Democrats are so damn lost they're all trying to get behind Bernie and asking him for help and he's technically not even a Democrat. That's how completely lost they are. The Democrats have no clue what to do or why. They still don't even understand why Bernie was so successful. Just like they don't understand why Trump won.

They are trying to figure out both of their success stories and trying to mimic it but don't understand that you can't just copy it. People will know it's BS.

Even Bernie needs to get the hell away from the Democrats IMO. They're just leeches trying to suck some of Bernie's integrity out of him so they can try and clone a fake version of it in some lab somewhere. The Democrats haven't actually learned anything from all this. They are still blind and dumb and lost. Only a few people here and there understand what is happening and they aren't in charge of anything.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join