It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where did all of the bigotry come from? (You are not to blame)

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: Tiger5

" What happens when a bigot is in power or seeks to place themselves in power: Sadly we All fear the rise of the next Hitler. "

That is Pure Rubbish . Your Fears are Unfounded , and also your Reasoning .

Fine! Well that must be so if you say so.

Master why not tell me exactly how my reasoning is so very wrong?????

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: gps777
I heard the left arguing against deporting illegals as they have them to do their gardening and such, sounds to me more like the left wanting their slaves not the right.

Funny how many people with brown skin who were able to see through the lefts BS and voted Trump, you know like the rest of the intelligent human beings.

How many people do you know in the left? How many of then have gardens? Was that a statistically sound sample you chose??

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Actually, in my opinion, what breeds racism (and every other ism) is difference. If you are the same as me...there is no ism. But if you think you are better, not as important, or very different...the ism is born and grows. When people decide and actually live as equals, believing and acting as equals, follow the laws, be a parent, etc...there aren't any isms.

So...as far as racism? I blame first the black leaders that make their salaries from racism followed by many in the black community that think they are owed something or have some right to break laws, steal, join a gang, etc.

Very few white people perpetuate racism. Except for some of the often funny jokes...but I'm Polish and love Polish jokes anyway. Can you say the same about jokes about your ism?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

I dont think racist jokes are funny, I am a single mother, and I sure as hell would not find those funny either. I think stereotypes are annoying and I love it when a stereotype is broken, on the flip side it makes me sad when stereotypes are upkept.

That is not to say I do not have a sense of humor, it is very dry, dark and deep and I am extremely witty and funny in my real life.

I dont think people who can laugh about jokes about themselves are in any way more well rounded than others...I actually think its sad.

I just dont partake or choose to be around people who partake in racism or poke jokes at racism or anyone for that matter. Its hard to be around anyone that gossips or talks negatively all the time. I am drawn to positivity and genuine goodness.

I do however think some of the trump jokes are funny, but they arent jokes, its trump just being trumpy...real life events being told..not even jokes. Those are the best.
edit on 24-2-2017 by veracity because: to add

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

Actually, in my opinion, what breeds racism (and every other ism) is difference. If you are the same as me...there is no ism. But if you think you are better, not as important, or very different...the ism is born and grows. When people decide and actually live as equals, believing and acting as equals, follow the laws, be a parent, etc...there aren't any isms.

People raised in the same family, same house, same parents, at the same time, may very well develop their own set of differences and isms. Favoritism can occur in Biblical proportions and is historically proven.

So...as far as racism? I blame first the black leaders that make their salaries from racism followed by many in the black community that think they are owed something or have some right to break laws, steal, join a gang, etc.

I blame the white leaders that make their wealth from racism, elitism, and just plain greed. Followed by the white community that thinks that they own everything or have some right to make laws to steal, or join a club.

Very few white people perpetuate racism. Except for some of the often funny jokes...but I'm Polish and love Polish jokes anyway. Can you say the same about jokes about your ism?

Except for those that have the wealth and the power to control the masses.

We see what we want to see, and we will always fight the battle of "The Stars Upon Thars".
edit on 24-2-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: tmeister182
If it wasn't for white people stepping up blacks would still be slaves. The problem is they don't want equality which they most definitely would have now if they put just a little effort into it they want everything white people have earned through hard work and they want it for free. In life there are no free rides...stop buying, selling and using drugs and stop educating your children into your grandparents racism. Start pulling your own weight and the rest will just fall into place. The ball has been in your court for years so it's time to man up and quit whining.

Up to 1965 all manner of racism was legalised! This meant policy of deliberately holding the black majority back.

Please check your history and Google Jim Crow. Do not revise history!

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiger5

originally posted by: tmeister182
If it wasn't for white people stepping up blacks would still be slaves. The problem is they don't want equality which they most definitely would have now if they put just a little effort into it they want everything white people have earned through hard work and they want it for free. In life there are no free rides...stop buying, selling and using drugs and stop educating your children into your grandparents racism. Start pulling your own weight and the rest will just fall into place. The ball has been in your court for years so it's time to man up and quit whining.

Up to 1965 all manner of racism was legalised! This meant policy of deliberately holding the black majority back.

As I have said, people see what they want to see. Sometimes their blindness is due to lack of education and exposure.

I was lucky enough to grow up in a time and a family where I got to see people through a wider spectrum of vision.

This video may help by sharing another view.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

History should never be rewritten ... but left there to be learned from.

It is a reference a measure of progress on how far man has progressed?

But it should be left there .... and not constantly regurgitated.

In 1948 Segregation in the US forces ended, and by 1954 all segregation

ended .... 64 years ago, there won't be many people who can actually

remember it, the same can be said for the people who still bring up

Nazi's which was slightly longer ago than that (75 years?)

How many people alive now were actually physically or mentally

effected by any of the above?

Things will never get any better or move forward until things are left in

the past where they belong.

Sometimes I think it is used like a safety blanket, a reverse racism if you

like, something to bring out as evidence ....a pre emption against failure?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiger5

And it has been 52 years.

An entire 2 generations (if you count 18 years), plus a bit, have been able to be born and grow to legal adulthood since then.

If we haven't seen 2 generation of progress, then it's hardly because of Jim Crow, so let. it. go.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

History should never be rewritten ... but left there to be learned from.

It is a reference a measure of progress on how far man has progressed?

But it should be left there .... and not constantly regurgitated.

In 1948 Segregation in the US forces ended, and by 1954 all segregation

ended .... 64 years ago, there won't be many people who can actually

remember it, the same can be said for the people who still bring up

Nazi's which was slightly longer ago than that (75 years?)

How many people alive now were actually physically or mentally

effected by any of the above?

Things will never get any better or move forward until things are left in

the past where they belong.

Sometimes I think it is used like a safety blanket, a reverse racism if you

like, something to bring out as evidence ....a pre emption against failure?

A lot more of us are around then you may think.

I grew up during the time of segregation, and there are a lot of people older, and younger than me, that lived during this time.

Segregation has not ended, no more than racism has ended. Hatred does not disappear, it just changes form.
www.cnsnews.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Yes, and because people persist in perpetuating it as though it never left, those of us who were born well after it ended now have to live our lives as though it never left.

Thanks a bunch.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
I grew up during the time of segregation, and there are a lot of people older, and younger than me, that lived during this time.

Segregation has not ended, no more than racism has ended. Hatred does not disappear, it just changes form.
www.cnsnews.com...

Your link only pertains to ageing and everyone is aware that now days

people live longer. It says nothing about segregation.

To remember school segregation you will need to be 70 yrs old now ...and

5yrs old then. Memory at 5 years old is at the least a bit grainy....

To remember Nazism you would need to be at least 95 yrs? I'm sure you're

not that.

However I'm sure you have heard folk 'lore' which has been handed down

from generation to generation, which propagates the 'hate' you are refering

to

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Yes, and because people persist in perpetuating it as though it never left, those of us who were born well after it ended now have to live our lives as though it never left.

Thanks a bunch.

I'm not sure why it's so bad to reflect on history. Most intelligent people are not ones to forget the past, history is very interesting and you can learn a lot from it. I can see, however, how people who hoard these racist feeling in them today may feel threatened or insulted by this article.

If you are free of racism tho...it should not bother you.

If you are triggered by this article, then please take the time to reflect on your inner self and become a better person so you are not so easily offended.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

www.cnsnews.com...

Your link only pertains to ageing and everyone is aware that now days

people live longer. It says nothing about segregation.

To remember school segregation you will need to be 70 yrs old now ...and

5yrs old then. Memory at 5 years old is at the least a bit grainy....

To remember Nazism you would need to be at least 95 yrs? I'm sure you're

not that.

However I'm sure you have heard folk 'lore' which has been handed down

from generation to generation, which propagates the 'hate' you are refering

to
I am not 70 years old. I grew up in rural Maryland. I went to a segregated school from grade 1 to grade 6. Blacks were not allowed to sit at the counter in Ben Franklin's. Were not allowed to go into the movie theater, they had to go around the side and up into the balcony. There were still white only water fountains at this time.

So your information is not correct.

The link was dealing with the numbers of people over 65 still alive today. I am not yet 65, headed that way, you said there were not many of us, I just wanted to let you know that there are more us us than you think.
edit on 24-2-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Accidentally posted prematurely.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Isn't justifying an opinion that people who share the same skin color must all share the same traits or beliefs pretty much the definition of racial stereotyping? While also lambasting them for supposedly judging people because of their skin color.
Reminds me of the 'poop me-puke you' creature joke on Futurama.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

A sign in Jackson, Mississippi, photographed in 1961.

Such signs, though, well into the 20th century, were an accepted part of the American scene. If you're not 50 years old yet, chances are pretty good that you never saw one in a public place. Yet as late as the 1960s, they were there; Elizabeth Abel, author of "Signs of the Times: The Visual Politics of Jim Crow," told me that some in fact were in place through the 1970s. This nation had been around for more than 175 years; more than a century had passed since the abolition of slavery; and the signs still hung.

It is hard to believe that segregation and racism are such a recent part of our history, but denying it doesn't do anything in correcting the problem.

I grew up in the country. The State of Maryland was very racist, yet the area that I grew up in required the residents to live and work together to survive. We did.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
We have to treat everyone according to their character not their, color, sex, religion etc etc I do not want to live my life looking at people and automatically judging them. I believe the majority of people are not racist but there are a lot of impressionable people out there that seem to be leaning that way on all sides and that is what scares me.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
a reply to: rickymouse

Law of attraction: Negativety and bad things follow negative people, good things follow good hearted people. I see it almost everyday. I see it in myself when I'm grumpy...but I know now how to quickly lighten back up so as to get the goodness.

When you realize that we are actually bodies of energy it makes sense.

I'm probably going to be deleted out of my own thread for going off topic.

But.if Trump supporters are supposedly racist...and racism is a negative energy...and negative attracts negative.

why are they getting what they want, a president wo supposedly supports their alleged racist views?

Seems to me that the people who have ended up with the negative end of the deal are the irate left...in the last few hours you guys have authored about 20 threads whinging about Trump and how the right are as happy as pigs in the proverbial while you're all so upset and see negativity everywhere.

Seems to me that you were right ebout one thing...negative does attract negativity and positive attracts positivity.

And in the grand scheme of things, it looks as though the right really are loving it right now.

How does one account for that?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

There's a difference between living in the past and reflecting on it. Some people persist in seeing the same battles under every rock and tree. It leads people to thinking that terms like black hole are racist.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: HeathenJessie

But.if Trump supporters are supposedly racist...and racism is a negative energy...and negative attracts negative.

I live in a rural, deep Redneck area. The area strongly supported Trump, not all, but a strong majority did.

Are all of them racist? Not by a long shot. Red Neck and country, is not synonymous with racist, though you will always see it painted as such.

If we are going to break the cycle, with have to dump the programming.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join