It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where did all of the bigotry come from? (You are not to blame)

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
a reply to: Tiger5

From what Ive read in history books (books for pleasure not school), the Irish was sort of looked down upon like the Mexicans are now.

Was sort of looked down upon

Let's assume you meant 'were sort of looked down upon'

This is past tense...but nobody is fighting for the Irish, are they? There's no Irish lives matter

Irish people have the same rights as everyone else, including black people.

That's a key point to note, here. My father is irish. You're right, Irish people were and in some cases still are looked down on. You know how many jokes I've been told in the 36 years on this planet that implies that Irish people are inherently stupid?

Countless.

You know what is true about Irish people...they've a thick skin, and don't cry about everything. A scottish person like myself can go to London and be called a jock, told to dance a highland jig and be asked by they aren't wearing a skirt.

Again, we're thick skinned.

We Scots were victims, in fact pretty much every nationality you can think of has been slandered, persectued, poked fun at, laughed at, mocked, spat on, beathen, raped, tortured...etc, etc.

Bigotry and hatred are part of the human condition.

The protesting we see, the attacks, the name calling, the threats...all of that is the exact same thing. You can't perpetuate a basic human trait while at the same time expect to eradicate it.

That's like saying we got rid of violence completely! How? Well, we beat and killed all of the violent people!

you're an idiot.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: veracity

There's a difference between living in the past and reflecting on it. Some people persist in seeing the same battles under every rock and tree. It leads people to thinking that terms like black hole are racist.

What I have posted and what I have seen in ATS...no one is "living in the past".

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Indeed we do need to break the programming.

It's like this - earlier someone made a thread claiming Trump was like Hitler.

I think it's not so much a break of programming. People get used to their living standards, when there's an imporvement and things get better for everyone we start to forget what real oppression is.

We get so comfortable we forget how bad it was and can be again and we start to see...actually we start to want oppression, we want unrest. We're pathetic as a species.

We begin to make improvements then we want destruction and chaos whether we realise it or admit it or not.

that's what this is, just another cycle in the construct/destruct mentality that has blighted our species for thousands of years.

We won't evolve past this stage unless we acknowledge and admit it. We need to fully identify and accept our self-destructive mentality in order to advance past that stage and onto the next.

I believe this is the very crux of the regressive mentality, it's a human condition. Even if there is propaganda and manipulation at work, causing people to want to self-destruct...it's still put out there by humans...we're our own worse enemy.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: HeathenJessie

Even if there is propaganda and manipulation at work, causing people to want to self-destruct...it's still put out there by humans...we're our own worse enemy.

You will get no argument from me on this one.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I just wrote a post about this topic. Just my point of view on it, without allowing any finger pointing at one side of the aisle or the other. Probably still on the New page. Don't think anyone has seen it yet

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
You know I saw something on tv the other day it was about British people buying property overseas in Australia and New Zealand.

One of those daytime television shows that you get on British TV during the day, I was at work and being lazy.

Anyway...they were talking about the red tape and hoops one must jusp through in order to migrate to and settle/retire in Australia.

Get this - they reckon that soon you'll be required to have at least 500,000 pounds, not dollars, pounds - if you wish to retire in Australia!

Imagine that, in Aussie dollars that's close to a million dollars!

And it ain't just muslims, either. Anyone.

I don't have a million dollars, or even 500,000 dollars!

There were no protests...do you know why? Do you know why Australia is one of the most desired locations for people to move to and retire?

The aussie gov't have had their heads screwed on for years. They can't possibly maintain a country that's severly overpopulated by people who are either incapable or unable to work. Old people can't work! Sick people usually can't work! People who cannot communicate or assimilate cannot effectively do a good job of work!

This is basic common sense.

I didn't protest that I don't have half a million, I said, yeah...fair do's.

Then I think - the UK could be the same, it's not about hating foreign people, it's basic economic, common sense. The UK cannot look after the people we currently have.

Here is the fact - if you have homeless, poor, poverty stricken people living in your country. If you have unemployed people, unhoused people, then your country is already sick!

These things should not exist in a modern and civilised country. If you have an already sick country...wtf are you trying to do here?

It's unrealistic to think that your country can sustain more and more people than it already is if there are even a million out of work and sick people in your country.

Please screw your heads on. People want to live in Australia and retire because they see it as an affluent country, a country with standards. You will contribute and you will recieve in dividends - better healthcare, public services. You won't pay into a system that's so far overstretched it can't even house and feed it's citizens or care for its sick and elderly.

you people need to get a grip...you've nver experienced poverty but things can change in an instant.

Believe me, when you're really in a bad situation you'll know - ATS will be the last thing on your minds, wise up.

ETA before smeone latches onto it - I'm aware that homeless and unemployed people xist in Australia...as do minorities and various ghettos.

This is bound to happen anywhere there's a concentration of people, it's impossible I believe, in the current global climate, for any large country to exist without these forming naturally.

But here's a fact - if you have half a million syrians or whatever come into your country in a short period of time, they naturally group, form small communities and create their own little econimies - their own shops, import their own products, etc. This is natural...and the formation of a ghetto who soon begin to feel disenfranchised...they're not bad people, they're no nasty people.

Hell, even in your job small groups or cliques of foreigners will emerge. It's natural human behaviour...but when they're constantly told they're somehow a victim, a lower class, they start to believe it and resent their host nation. They see the natives as prviliged...it's a recipe for disaster.

We can see evidence of this all over the world
edit on 24-2-2017 by HeathenJessie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Actually I'm wrong - I remember now,

It was that show that's on Channel 5 during the day - the Wright stuff, Matthew Right I think the host is called.

They were talking about Brexit and how it will affect ex-pats living in Europe right now...this would have been wednesday morning. The discussed the stringent criteria one must meet to setting in Australia.

For years the Aussies have scrutinsed anyone who wants to move and settle there, not to discriminate but in the interests of the people who already live there. They don't want people moving there if they can't support themselves as they'll simply be a strain on their economy...this is sensible.

This was what Nigel Farage wanted for the UK and was also branded a racist, etc. It's not racist to want to reform or change your immigration policy, it's been done by lot's of countries all over the world for years, it's not a new thing.

People are acting like Trump is the first person to ever want to do that.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Humm... Two points I want to ask you about...

1st. What "people" didn't accept the civil rights movement? Do you even know who, and how and for how long that group was fighting for real civil rights?

2nd. What "justice warriors" now call racism is simply an excuse to impose far left politics. Are there racists? sure, there are some, but people like you want to claim half of the country is racist because they do not want to bow to "left wing radicalism".

edit on 24-2-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

BTW, I also want to know what you think about the fact that a CNN hispanic journalist during election night had to admit that there were more hispanics in favor of Trump at the elections than hispanics who were in favor of Clinton...

I do wonder what you have to say for the millions of hispanics, like myself, who voted for Trump... Do yourselrf a favor and look up in youtube "Mexicans in favor of Trump", then search for "Cubans in favor of Trump" and listen to what they have to say then come back with your "you are all white supremacists who hate non-white people"...

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
There's a difference between living in the past and reflecting on it. Some people persist in seeing the same battles under every rock and tree. It leads people to thinking that terms like black hole are racist.

Your post struck a cord on something I was reading earlier today >>>>

*You can't have a better tomorrow if you're still living in yesterday*

Too true

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: HeathenJessie

And it ain't just muslims, either.
Anyone.
Then I think - the UK could be the same, it's not about hating foreign people, it's basic economic, common sense. The UK cannot look after the people we currently have.
Here is the fact - if you have homeless, poor, poverty stricken people living in your country. If you have unemployed people, unhoused people, then your country is already sick!

It's unrealistic to think that your country can sustain more and more people than it already is if there are even a million out of work and sick people in your country.

Isnt that just one of the reasons that the Brits voted to get out of the EU

And everyone who voted for Brexit was castigated for being 'racist'!

But as you rightly say "It's just basic common sense."

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

From what Ive read in history books (books for pleasure not school), the Irish was sort of looked down upon like the Mexicans are now.

Was sort of looked down upon

Let's assume you meant 'were sort of looked down upon'

This is past tense...but nobody is fighting for the Irish, are they? There's no Irish lives matter

Irish people have the same rights as everyone else, including black people.

That's a key point to note, here. My father is irish. You're right, Irish people were and in some cases still are looked down on. You know how many jokes I've been told in the 36 years on this planet that implies that Irish people are inherently stupid?

Countless.

You know what is true about Irish people...they've a thick skin, and don't cry about everything. A scottish person like myself can go to London and be called a jock, told to dance a highland jig and be asked by they aren't wearing a skirt.

Again, we're thick skinned.

We Scots were victims, in fact pretty much every nationality you can think of has been slandered, persectued, poked fun at, laughed at, mocked, spat on, beathen, raped, tortured...etc, etc.

Bigotry and hatred are part of the human condition.

The protesting we see, the attacks, the name calling, the threats...all of that is the exact same thing. You can't perpetuate a basic human trait while at the same time expect to eradicate it.

That's like saying we got rid of violence completely! How? Well, we beat and killed all of the violent people!

you're an idiot.

Actually Black people have even thicker skins than the Irish/ Scots etc. We actually are survivors and we as a people do not hate on the basis of race. In my earlier post I actually pointed out that I live in a community of friends that are PEOPLE first and Distinct skin colours second. I also find myself in black only setting and we do not sit around blaming whites or hating whites. I really do not understand why you do not read a full post. You just seem to cherry pick and life one thing out of context.

Given your attention span I do not think that Back people are thin skinned but I repeat 1965 is not so long ago. You may care to read up on that post!

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

And it ain't just muslims, either.
Anyone.

Isnt that just one of the reasons that the Brits voted to get out of the EU

And everyone who voted for Brexit was castigated for being 'racist'!

But as you rightly say "It's just basic common sense."

Politics is about soundbites nowadays. So some people called people racist - poor babies. You can call me a girl if you like. You can call me a girl face to face. You can even skype me.

Here is the truth. I am not a girl. No one could ever mistake me for a female. So name calling does not bother me because it is not true. If you are not a racist why bother with a name? why are some people so delicate?

Anyway when I was in London I did meet Farage. We had a debate. I set the tone we should start in a courteous manner and end in a courteous manner things could get heated in the middle however. Things were fine Farage was not in anyway racist. A Dutch TV company filmed it. Farage invited me to join UKIP but I declined

Curiously we both felt concerned about how some people who were fellow travellers would bring their agenda to UKIP.

Now look what happened:

1) A far right Brexiteer Murdered Jo Cox Labour MP.
2) Racist Attacks and murders have increased.

The issue with the right is that they have a number of wing nuts that that take their rhetoric way beyond the politicians words. The right has some nasty followers who are hell bent on taking use backwards to Jim Crow.

edit on 25-2-2017 by Tiger5 because: Add in more text

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

www.pewresearch.org...

66% of hispanics voted for clinton 28% trump i'm hispanic and voted for neither. trump won because of the electoral college, the majority of americans did not vote for him.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tiger5
Politics is about soundbites nowadays. So some people called people racist - poor babies. You can call me a girl if you like. You can call me a girl face to face. You can even skype me.

Here is the truth. I am not a girl. No one could ever mistake me for a female. So name calling does not bother me because it is not true. If you are not a racist why bother with a name? why are some people so delicate?

Until somebody uses labels about you that you find offensive. Then they aren't just words anymore, are they?

I suppose somebody calling an innocent person a paedophile without any evidence is all good? Just brush it off?

Or how about Michael Richard's rant at the comedy club? Maybe those who were offended should just grow a thicker skin and not be so delicate...

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Anyway when I was in London I did meet Farage. We had a debate. I set the tone we should start in a courteous manner and end in a courteous manner things could get heated in the middle however. Things were fine Farage was not in anyway racist. A Dutch TV company filmed it. Farage invited me to join UKIP but I declined

Curiously we both felt concerned about how some people who were fellow travellers would bring their agenda to UKIP.
Now look what happened:

1) A far right Brexiteer Murdered Jo Cox Labour MP.
2) Racist Attacks and murders have increased.

??????????? Sorry your post doesn't make a lot of sense to me

I was replying to a post by HeathenJessie

The issue with the right is that they have a number of wing nuts that that take their rhetoric way beyond the politicians words. The right has some nasty followers who are hell bent on taking use backwards to Jim Crow.

Surely that could be said at any one time about all politicians ?

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:08 AM
link   
The large problem is one of complete blindness on the part of the right. They love to tell people to forget. So they talk about things being in the past. A classic example occurs when discussing the issue of race. What they pretend to be blind to is the fact that a lot of their ideas indicate their desire to return to a golden age when they could just treat blacks, women and gays in a cavalier fashion because these people should " Know their place".

They then invoke the Welfare mother/Lazy baby father/ Child abusing gay man/ slutty woman etc? which are all stereotypes. Then because of a sensible opposition they then cry "Oppression" White men are being oppressed because they cannot just spew hatred as they see fit.

Say what you like about PC it is also about trying not to be unwittingly offensive. Is that such a bad thing??

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   

I never claimed black people were thin skinned...you read that into what I said, but if you read my posts...something you claim I'm unable to do - not once will you find me saying that.

The irony is it's mostly privileged white people who continually paint blacks as the constant victim.

I mentioned in a previous thread that I have family who are mauritian, who work hard and have pride...you are very right they are not victims, they don't act like victims, they are good people.

My point is, the left are not as willing to stand up for the irish when they heard a racist irish joke, or for the scots when they hear someone tell a jock to go and put a skirt on.

They are the ones who cherry pick...who they believe black people to be the victims, Then, they get all upset when not everyone jumps on their sordid little bandwagon.

So, yeah...I agree, most blacks don't see themselves as victims, nor do most irish or scots...in the grand scheme of it all, prety much any race can claim victimhood in some capacity but they don't;

The ultimate irony is the people who are seeing oppression everywhere are the very people who are the least oppressed.

They're the very people who constantly single folk out based on race, it's positive discrimination but they're completely blind to it.
edit on 25-2-2017 by HeathenJessie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   

The large problem is one of complete blindness on the part of the right. They love to tell people to forget. So they talk about things being in the past. A classic example occurs when discussing the issue of race. What they pretend to be blind to is the fact that a lot of their ideas indicate their desire to return to a golden age when they could just treat blacks, women and gays in a cavalier fashion because these people should " Know their place".

They then invoke the Welfare mother/Lazy baby father/ Child abusing gay man/ slutty woman etc? which are all stereotypes. Then because of a sensible opposition they then cry "Oppression" White men are being oppressed because they cannot just spew hatred as they see fit.

Say what you like about PC it is also about trying not to be unwittingly offensive. Is that such a bad thing??

Again- you said I am unable to read a full post.

You still find Irish people being actively discriminated against and the butt of many-a joke...not in the 60's but now.

Where's the outrage?

There ain't none...you say black people have thick skin, thicker than the irish. you might be right, I never claimed otherwise...the 60's was longer ago than the present, no?

The trick isn't to simply read an entire post, but to actually consider and understand the points being made, you have failed on that count, evidently.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I know many, many more jokes about Irish people and how stupid they apparently are.

If you want I can tell you some.

I don't hear anyone happy to tell jokes about black people, they're scared to death. Telling jokes about black people is terribly racist, and nobody is disagreeing with that least of all me.

But telling jokes about irish people, referring to them as "paddy" etc isn't racist, it's very much tolerated.

There are no marches, no movements. Again, we're not talking the 60's here we're talking the present.

In fact, I hear jokes about lot's of different races and nationalities except blacks!

Go figure.

I can tell you jokes about russians, chinese, irish, french, germans, italians, australians, americans, mexicans, but can't think of any jokes about blacks because like I said - people are literally scared to death to eve think about telling them

If someone does tell one..the reaction isn't to laugh, it's a cringy...f-hooooo you ain't ought to have said that type of reaction.

We all know it's true.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join