It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump returns the power of bathrooom rules back to the states

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Once again, reducing the power of the federal government. The bathroom rules will be determined locally at the state level.

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: happyperson
Once again, reducing the power of the federal government. The bathroom rules will be determined locally at the state level.

www.bloomberg.com...

Federal employees are a state issue?

What logic is there in making something like this a state issue? Other then religion, the main opposition to this kind of thing.

edit on 22-2-2017 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I think something like this issue should be a state issue. The states can make sure there are some single bathrooms that these kids can use, they can be used by any student and even any parent who comes into the school. They have these bathrooms in many places already, one person at a time, a picture of a man and woman on the door.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: happyperson

www.bloomberg.com...

What logic is there in making something like this a state issue? Other then religion, the main opposition to this kind of thing.

You follow the rules of any state you go into in this country. I couldn't legally go drinking in states that had a higher drinking age when I was eighteen years old. All Federal employees are supposed to follow the rules of the states they are in too. Just because they are Feds does not give them rights above the state laws they are in. Unless they are Federal Law enforcement on special business.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I think something like this issue should be a state issue. The states can make sure there are some single bathrooms that these kids can use, they can be used by any student and even any parent who comes into the school. They have these bathrooms in many places already, one person at a time, a picture of a man and woman on the door.

WHY?

One good reason this should be a state issue?

There isn't one - - except religious belief (primarily).

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   
The perverted minds have some sick twisted fantasies about what transgenders do in bathrooms and they create an issue.

You keep on fighting this non issue and continue to embrace the darkness that comes with the perverted thoughts and hate you may hold.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mictain
The perverted minds have some sick twisted fantasies about what transgenders do in bathrooms and they create an issue.

You keep on fighting this non issue and continue to embrace the darkness that comes with the perverted thoughts and hate you may hold.

Exactly!

And what do most of those type people have in common?

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   
This too is what he said he would would do in the campaign.

Unfortunately, he also said "but we have to protect people and make sure they're treated fairly."

I guess we'll see if he holds up that side of the bargain as well.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   

WHY?

Give me one good reason why it has to be a Federal issue. There are some things that our Feds need to enforce but most times this kind of issues should be state issues. Discrimination is one thing, where you go bathroom is not a federal issue. I actually don't like when parents persuade a kid to change sex at a young age. I was young once, what I believed back then changed a lot after I became a teenager. I see parents having their kids sex changed when they are in grade school, I think that should be outlawed myself. When a person gets to be eighteen they can choose for themselves, I would prefer twenty one because people can think better when they get a little older, but eighteen is fine if they want to do it.

I was easily persuaded to choose a side when I was really young, when I got older I hated that, I would rather stay in the middle. So kids being steered to choose something that effects the rest of their life when they are kids should be avoided. Being gay is not reversible, I have gay friends and also knew about two gay jerks that were/are overpowering and pushy. I don't care for them. Three of my better friends in my life are gay. I talked to one recently about the bathroom issue and he said that it was rediculous, just have a few either sex bathrooms they can use. His opinion on these things was no different than mine most times. He did not like all the hype about that cake deal for the gay wedding, he said that they should have just went somewhere else.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Unfortunately, he also said "but we have to protect people and make sure they're treated fairly."

Human equality left up to states - - same states who fought against Civil Rights.

States Rights of Human Equality - - - divides - - - that's all it does.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   

WHY?

Give me one good reason why it has to be a Federal issue.

Human Equality.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Yet another of obamas legacies gone with the wind.

Pretty sad when "transgender" bathrooms are one of your only accomplishments.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Human equality left up to states - - same states who fought against Civil Rights.

I look at it slightly differently.

As we move from Federal regulations to the State level to the City/County level ... powerful individuals have greater and greater influence over decision making.

Another way to talk about that is corruption.

The most corrupt organizations I've ever seen are small, local governments.

Our system was designed to be a balance between ALL levels.

And this decision, to my mind, is unbalancing.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   

I look at it slightly differently.

As we move from Federal regulations to the State level to the City/County level ... powerful individuals have greater and greater influence over decision making.

Another way to talk about that is corruption.

The most corrupt organizations I've ever seen are small, local governments.

Our system was designed to be a balance between ALL levels.

And this decision, to my mind, is unbalancing.

There are some things I can see that make sense as state rights.

Like Los Angeles has Smog Days where they close schools.
Some states close schools the first day of hunting season.
Farming areas may need to have days for harvesting.

These are specific to regions and culture needs.

Human Equality belongs to ALL - - Everyone, as in Federal.

Personal belief is not valid reason to deny Human Equality.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I'm going to stay out of this one like the kids in South Park choose to do. I do support equal rights but i'm not going to pretend to understand the issue here. I'm curious what both sides have to say though. Twitter as usual is going already balistic.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Can you show me where its ONLY the religious with this issue
and
Why cant they have a right to be heard if they are the majority, do you want to make the US an atheist dictatorship

1 trick pony Annee

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   
The will of the majority doesn't take away the rights of the minority.

The American Way 101.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Human Equality belongs to ALL - - Everyone, as in Federal.

Personal belief is not valid reason to deny Human Equality.

Except those who you deem as religious, obviously

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
I'm going to stay out of this one like the kids in South Park choose to do. I do support equal rights but i'm not going to pretend to understand the issue here. I'm curious what both sides have to say though. Twitter as usual is going already balistic.

Transgender is real. The brain tells you your gender, even if the body is opposite.

It is real. It is not a perversion.

The biggest issue is children. Yes, children, because this is how they are born.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   

WHY?

Give me one good reason why it has to be a Federal issue.

Human Equality.

Our Feds don't need to be involved in saying which bathroom you go into. They should be involved in equal rights for all citizens no mater what your sex preference is or what race you are. But giving people extra rights at the expense of taxpayers should not be their job. I do believe that we should give the Native Americans some extra rights because of how our government took so much away from them and allowed them to be ripped off in the past. But other than that all issues are just equal rights issues, blacks and whites and other ethnicities who are citizens should all have equal rights. No one person or group should have extra rights because of their color or sexual preference or sex.

Why should a boy with nuts be able to go into a girls bathroom anyway. The bathroom issue should not even be an issue, just build some single bathrooms anyone can use.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join