It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Churches increasingly feel need to offer sanctuary to undocumented migrants

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I stand corrected.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Did you say 'racist'?

Not sheltering illegal immigrants is racist?

What's your IQ?

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 03:05 AM
link   
So is this "sanctuary" an actual thing? I mean the priest waves his hand over somebody's head and grants them sanctuary, then the police show up. Can he say he has been granted sanctuary and the police have to leave?

I don't know if it is the right thing to do or not, but if they believe it is then it is the right thing for them to do.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07
So is this "sanctuary" an actual thing? I mean the priest waves his hand over somebody's head and grants them sanctuary, then the police show up. Can he say he has been granted sanctuary and the police have to leave?

I don't know if it is the right thing to do or not, but if they believe it is then it is the right thing for them to do.

Not since the fourteenth century or so.

Still, there is legal precedent.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   

There are plenty of good 'christians' out there-if you discount the pedophiles, the tax exemptions, and the multi million dollar "salaries" for the head honchos collect for 'administration.' There are many out there willing to help these people, but many are in it for the greenbacks.

I volunteered for a 'christian' charity for a while to repay a debt of honor and I have seen what goes on. They take donations of clothes or money and that's supposed to help the community but suddenly they say that they say lack stock of food for the poor as the head honcho sits on a pile of cash.

Expect a donation ad campaign soon.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Well if they're all centralised in these churches it won't be too hard to track them down for deportation.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

Well put, I agree entirely.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

All religions are of lies.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe
I am going to give kudos to Pence tonight, here in MO we had a Jewish cemetary vandalized. Several hundred headstones knocked over. Pence came to MO and toured it with our first Jewish Governor. Governor Greitens has asked for volunteers to help, and the response has been awesome. I salute all of those folks that were able to help.

Personally, I feel that President Trump should have gone to the cemetery in MO. It is the job of the President to underscore such horrible things and bring the spotlight to the issue as an American issue, not an isolated one.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

Because those people did not leave a happy life to come here. They gave up everything to come here. They are fleeing horrible situations. They need asylum.

How about they grow a pair, stand up and fight to make their country something other than a third world country. It's their own fault it's the way it is. But of course it's so much easier to run away from their problems, come over here and abuse a system with all their might and make demands, that they haven't worked for or fought for, which I find very cowardly. All the hard works already been done for them by US citizens and our forefathers. They have a corrupt culture period. I think it's ridiculous that people think that they cross the border and suddenly become upstanding US citizens that give a crap about this country, because they don't.

I've worked with them going on 40 yrs and some are great people, I've also learned that I have to watch my back at all times. If you only knew what some of them say about the gringos, it's pretty messed up actually. I'm not racist just being honest about my experience with illegals.
you are right. Many Americans are just plain naive and ignorant about this. They don't want to
Be American they want jobs and send all their money back home because America is not home to them it's a place to take advantage. There are jobs in Mexico, all the same ones they do here in the states and even gold mining and oil. Let the Mexican President stand up for his own people instead of encouraging breaking our laws.
I was appalled at the attitudes of these people when I lived in Orlando. In places like Wal Mart and Ross stores they were rude and not civil, they don't move their carts to let people by, they don't learn the language they have an attitude that they are somehow better than all the rest. I was truly shocked as I was from
The Midwest and the whole vibe was different.
This is not to say all
Are like that but my eyes were opened. Also they hire their own. It's true. Americans have been stupid .
edit on 23-2-2017 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

All religions are of lies.

Man made lies. Lies that those who choose to believe are forcing me to open my wallet for.

Did you make disease and the diamond blue?
Did you make mankind after we made you?
And the devil too!

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Love the idea. They can send them back to the country they came from and pay for their shelter and needs.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Why would The Church help people break the law?

Because they care about people more than they do the law

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Except God has told them to follow the law. It's not an and/or situation. Follow the law, send them back, and offer them support back home.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The LAW of the land is that these 'migrants' are here unlawfully and any church that refuses to submit to the God given authority of that law is no longer in communion with the Word of God. From where I stand, those 800 institutions need to lose their tax exempt status yesterday and be held to task as the political agenda driven heretics they are.

God must have been really just so pissed at the French Underground, the Underground Railroad, Rosa Parks, Gandhi...

God hates lawbreakers seems like - more than he hates bad laws

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Except God has told them to follow the law. It's not an and/or situation. Follow the law, send them back, and offer them support back home.

I think your god sucks rocks

I like the god that these churches follow better - I think they get it

(post by everyone removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Why are we unable to discuss humanity in a reasonable and respectful manner?

More over, why is it ok to attack others instead of talk about their points and see both sides and comment on both sides of the issue?

I read these threads and see more of self gratifying activity than I do people being scholarly and talking about the points that the OP and others have brought up.

It's kinda sick and disgusting to see people act like this on a daily basis.

Why is it so hard to acknowledge the fact that despite people from south america being in USA illegally, they come here because their countries are so corrupt that nothing changes for the better and they will most likely die as males and be forced into sex work as females is they go back?

Nevermind the obvious issue of USA cannot take every south american's defectors,

Why aren't we instead using our combined mindsets to talk about how solutions can be accomplished?

I mean, people just attack others here, when they had noble intentions in the 1st place, wanting to see good come to those who are suffering? It's insane that some of you attack people like that, instead of try to see where they're coming from.

So what's the end of all this?

America go on keeping south americans out? Don't many of you think that's going to make things worse? If you had to choose between death if you stay and uncertainty if you leave, you'd choose the uncertainty everytime.

Regardless of the fact that the USA cannot habor and willingly take care of all the people coming here and our own, What are we going to do about these South American countries not doing THEIR job?

What is wrong with humanity might be the better question. So much hate, so little original thoughts

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I think your god sucks rocks

I like the god that these churches follow better - I think they get it

I'm so glad you stopped by. THANK YOU.
Kind soul. You are a bright spot in my day, always!

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join