It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill of Rights protections for multinational megaconglomerate MSM corporations??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Fascinating times! We have the leftists out in full force shouting down any and all notions of criticizing the MSM. The stronger the criticisms, the louder the resistance.

Ever since Trump started calling them traitors to the American people, it's gotten extra interesting.

The argument now is all about how they're protected by the First Amendment.

Yes, the reporters themselves should be. Then again, they should have to live by the code of journalistic integrity.

Like doctors should face consequences for medical malpractice, the upper echelons of journalism should face consequences for maljournalism. A doctor can hurt what maybe dozens of patients? When the MSM doesn't do it's job hundreds of thousands of men, women and children can each be splattered into a thousand tiny pieces.

So here we have this MSM (primarily led by ABC CBS FOX NBC CNN NYT WaPo LAT), whom do have share in having the blood of millions on their hands (over a million just since 9/11), and what's this, oh, the multinational megaconglomerate MSM corporations themselves are to even to be legally protected and socially defended at all costs by the First Amendment.

Okay, fine, legally corporations do have such protections in how corporations are legally classified as "persons", and when you add it up they certainly do have more rights than any old living breathing human being citizen.

But with all of this we can see what's so wrong with this nation; how things went so wrong. It'd be one thing if they weren't multinational corporations (reeking partisan havoc on our populace while "our" [their] militarism that they cheerlead reeks havoc across the globe), perhaps.

What precisely to do about it is a larger discussion, and I don't have all the answers, but since when do liberals worship corporations?

If all of this isn't worthy as an episode to the Twilight Zone, then I don't know what is.

edit on 22-2-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Cooperations do not have rights.

But the people in them do.

You cant use the criminal justice system to throw people in prison over what they they.

You can however tighten libel laws and revoke jounlist passes and licences.

Let a person or company say what they like, but if they dont tell the truth they have to do it as independent individuals and not claim to be recognised news agencys.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

When the MSM doesn't do it's job hundreds of thousands of men, women and children can each be splattered into a thousand tiny pieces.

How does that happen? Does our military get it's intelligence from the media?

But with all of this we can see what's so wrong with this nation; how things went so wrong

Things are not as bad as some of you would like to make it seem.

The only difference I see is that we have more drama queens around.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
As a former Journalism student, Dan Rather's school Sam Houston State, I agree. There's no excuse for the state of the modern media. Unfortunately, it's not a new trend. It has been going on for several decades; it's just that it has gotten bold now. Same with the political mess. They've been manipulating the masses for a long time.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Corporate Personhood
It can also sue and be sued and held liable under both civil and criminal law. As well, because the corporation is legally considered the "person", individual shareholders are not legally responsible for the corporation's debts and damages beyond their investment in the corporation.

Although my bigger concern is how they always do and always have been given a complete climate of zero accountability in terms of justice, just like the Two Party's, their politicians and henchmen, the Intelligence Community, the agencies and their dark ops agents, and so on.

Set that scheme up in Heaven and you'd have all the Angels turn full crooked in a few short decades.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

It's the news media's job to keep the government, the military, the corporations, the party's and the politicians honest.

When they all work AS ONE to LIE us into each and every war, and then the MSM runs full damage control thereafter, the bodies pile up; the blood spills. About 2,000,000 gallons of blood has spilled since 9/11, and they still haven't even hardly been honest about why we were attacked.

In case somehow you have no clue what I'm getting at, well here you go:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

"Citizens United." A big freaking mistake that should be repealed. I am sorry, but the idea that "money is speech" and "corporations are people" is some of the stupidest # I have ever heard. Yet, there are people that will argue with you until they're blue in the face about it.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

400,000 dead and counting in Syria, from a civil war "we" started.

You can defend them and share in having that blood on your hands, but Not In My Name.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

It will take a Constitutional Amendment to repeal "Citizen's United". That is, however, in the works. It's at the state level right now, and has to pass in a majority of the states. I know that it passed in California, last November. I don't know where it's right now in the repeal process, on a national level.

Fingers crossed!

edit on 22-2-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I don't see how the media can get better. We are doomed until the next great equalizer (ELE).

We have the tech to fake audio:

We have the tech to fake video:

With technology going in this direction, how soon before we lose all concept of truth.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

It's the news media's job to keep the government, the military, the corporations, the party's and the politicians honest.

I agree. Which is why they report on the daily lies by Donald Trump. As they should. To expect the opposite, is wanting the media to not do that.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

I agree. Which is why they report on the daily lies by Donald Trump. As they should. To expect the opposite, is wanting the media to not do that.

They report on Trump's exaggerations (which everyone is aware of, no surprise) as if he purposely lied. Ok I can deal with that, but then they use propaganda shops like CNN to refute things!

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Obama and Hillary (and McCain and Graham) [and the CIA DIA etc] all getting a free pass on Syria though, that's okey dokie, right!!!

Tell us it was Russia's fault that "we" started a civil war there, and then bring back New McCarthyism including Ministry of Truth legislation, to deal with the "problem" (people trying to expose this kind of truth). But as long as Obama's "Honeymoon" never ends hey that's cool maybe only another 50,000 will die over there from here on.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Obama and Hillary (and McCain and Graham) [and the CIA DIA etc] all getting a free pass on Syria though, that's okey dokie, right!!!

Tell us it was Russia's fault that "we" started a civil war there, and then bring back New McCarthyism including Ministry of Truth legislation, to deal with the "problem" (people trying to expose this kind of truth). But as long as Obama's "Honeymoon" never ends hey that's cool maybe only another 50,000 will die over there from here on.

???

Who said anything about Syria? Your OP is about the press and how they should face the same consequences as doctors when they're wrong about something.

So, if that's something you really believe, you'll need an organization to investigate and put a number on how many people are hurt by the "fake" media.

Maybe a ministry of some sort. Should probably have truth somewhere in the title as well..

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

We should all just stick up for them, and howl whenever anyone criticizes them, and keep leaving it up to them to investigate themselves (just like the government, the parties, the military, etc with all that).

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Sounds like a "plan," Stan. Smh.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Not everybody left of center is as supportive as your knew jerk post suggests, I'm sick of this banter. Stop the hard Partisan BS, all your doing is weakening the Nation.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

No, it's not. The media can report on anything they damn well please.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

IgnoranceIsn'tBliss, a partisan? Bwaaaaaahahahaha... Wait till he sees this. Lol.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

400,000 dead and counting in Syria, from a civil war "we" started.

You can defend them and share in having that blood on your hands, but Not In My Name.

Just as I said. Drama queens.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join