It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill of Rights protections for multinational megaconglomerate MSM corporations??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Uh, I went to Journalism school and one of the first things ingrained into us was we were to be government "watchdogs." Not for the government, but for the citizenry.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth

Uh, I went to Journalism school and one of the first things ingrained into us was we were to be government "watchdogs." Not for the government, but for the citizenry.

If that's what you or the person you work for decides to cover, that's fine.

In a general sense, it is not the media's job to keep politicians honest. It's their job to report what they find and the people will keep them honest, if they choose to do so.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

When it was the Neocon's quagmire in Iraq, and people howled in their defense, they faced my online wrath. And now that Obama created the Syrian Quagmire, and leftists defend it from a position of deliberate ignorance, now it's the liberals turn. Trump goes and invades a country, or has the CIA overthrow a government, and then he'll be on the top of my shi'ite list too. In the meantime, Obama is still 'He who is without without sin' to the Democrat hordes, so it's still game on (plus the liberals didn't even have to deal with me most of the Obama years like the Bush people did so now it's catch up time).

Oh, apologies, perhaps I should be neutered and then address the subject all placid like. Timid, meek, with a soft tone 'hey guys maybe we shouldn't do meanie stuff, mmkay thx'.

You wanna see drama, go pull up some slideshows of the blown up children in Syria, Iraq. That's what drama looks like.

Unless you're a psychopath, my approach to such devastating carnage should be the natural human reaction to it.

People need to be held accountable for these kinds of war crimes, but instead these Obama worshipers will defend him and in doing so maintain the climate for it to happen again and again forever.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Oh, apologies, perhaps I should be neutered and then address the subject all placid like. Timid, meek, with a soft tone 'hey guys maybe we shouldn't do meanie stuff, mmkay thx'.

Is there something intelligent in there to respond to?

You wanna see drama, go pull up some slideshows of the blown up children in Syria, Iraq. That's what drama looks like.

Well, you've given us a good look in to what a logical fallacy looks like. An appeal to emotion. You're proving again there is an inner drama queen lurking.

Unless you're a psychopath, my approach to such devastating carnage should be the natural human reaction to it.

So anyone that does not react or think like you is a psychopath?

People need to be held accountable for these kinds of war crimes, but instead these Obama worshipers will defend him and in doing so maintain the climate for it to happen again and again forever.

War crimes are not just an issue under Obama. What an odd thing to say.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   
testing

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Corporations have always been persons. Even individual humans, have a corporate version of themselves. Its called the strawman and it emerges out of the birth certificate.

Should corporations like banks, pharma etc have a bill of rights? Well in fact they already have one.

Its called the xyz 'FREE" trade Agreement, you know, the ones you were never told about, the ones you never knew if they contained provisions that infringed on the sovereign laws of the US and other signatory states? yes, that one plus x x 10.

its called the Corporations Act and all the other laws that refer to corporations.

<< 1   >>

join