It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 14

page: 179
<< 176  177  178    180  181  182 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

European garden spider, Araneus diadematus.

Yeah, those classical webs are called "orbs". I've watched an orb-weaver spider weave its web. It's actually pretty cool to see how they do it. It takes so much time, too! Since then I always feel a bit bad whenever I accidentally damage one.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Shep, you lived in my State?????????? How did I not know this??????? Where in Rhode Island?

Good Lord Kaelci a whole family of daddy long legs? They live in our cellar and that's fine because I rarely ever go down there.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

Which is it? Daddy-long-legs, or spiders?

Daddy-long-legs:

Cellar spider:

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Right? I was sitting in bed with Mrs. Shepherd watching something on Netflix - Luther I think - and we both watched this one little spider make its way across the ceiling, right
over
me.
Then it lost its footing and dropped.

She laughed her pretty little derriere off at how fast I leaped out of bed and took my shirt off to make sure it was not crawling on me. LOL

The people who let tarantulas crawl on them and stuff - ugh. Sorry, not my cup of tea. I'll stick to dogs, thanks.

a reply to: Night Star
You can get bat houses at most of the home improvement stores around where i live. I intend to buy a few and cultivate the population.

Portsmouth, on Aquidneck Island. My father did classified stuff for a defense contractor at the naval yard in Newport. When you're only 7, those battleships and carriers are HUGE.

a reply to: swanne
Nice - such cool markings on those guys.

Alrighty everyone, gotta head out - Talk to you all later tonight probably!

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
ACK!!
scroll...
scroll...
don't stop to star anybody just scroll...
I will be back later when the spiders are gone!

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Lol sorry Jane!

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Bahahaha! I know right? I couldn't scroll fast enough! LOL

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Ooooh, you lived in a nice area! Bye Hun! Have a great rest of the night! Now I want to know about the classified stuff. Sure, leave us with that cliff hanger and just take off. Sheesh!

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Wow.

Have you guys seen that?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ah well, the world may be going to hell, but we in the Shed shall remain an island of friendship and awesomeness!

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Whatever this is supposed to be.

Here's a pic of one of mine, link so as not to disturb the spider sensitive

Also:

Some species, especially Pholcus phalangioides, are commonly called daddy long-legs spider, granddaddy long-legs spider, carpenter spider, daddy long-legger, or vibrating spider. Confusion often arises because the name "daddy long-legs" is also applied to two distantly related arthropod groups: the harvestmen (which are arachnids but not spiders), and crane flies (which are insects).

Confusion may arise, but they're still referred to as the same thing. /shrug

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I got those up here in Canada too. They're my least favourite kind of spiders. Up here they don't do much, they're so lazy they don't even bother weaving a web. Lol

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Ah well, the world may be going to hell, but we in the Shed shall remain an island of friendship and awesomeness!

Yes we shall! Well said my rainbow friend!

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I replied to your last post and it went flit poof! The gremlins are back.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

I never knew there was another meaning to the word idiot! That's awesome! Thanks for sharing.

I do cook, try to stay away from baking. I lose control with baked goods. I love them so much!

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

Hello Chelsdh! Nice to see you! What are some of your favorite meals to make? Any good crock pot recipes?

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I enjoyed it a lot. I love the smell of the sea and the sand on the beaches in the summer. Now, as an adult, I appreciate the old colonial style houses.

Well, those guys look pretty innocuous. We get the speedy little hunter spiders that don't make webs and when they crawl on you they are fast.
edit on 4-13-2017 by PrairieShepherd because: Erm, sort of didn't put anything in the post - LOL

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

Hello chelsdh - I am similar. I cook but don't do well with baking. Something about it I just don't get, apparently, but man I can improvise an awesome stir fry.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Night - I'll see if I can track down my favorite "Asian BBQ" chicken recipe. It's from a paleo cookbook and is for a crock pot. Really delicious and super-easy to make.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Night, I'm back to work tomorrow, so I will be headed off to bed soon.

Good luck tomorrow.

Try and get some sleep.

(((HUGS)))

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Well, those guys look pretty innocuous. We get the speedy little hunter spiders that don't make webs and when they crawl on you they are fast.

They -are- pretty innocuous, which is the brilliant thing about them

And they eat all the mosquitoes AND keep redback spiders at bay. Last thing you want is a redback infestation in a house with little humans running around.

I live in Australia, I think it's safe to say without expanding upon the statement that we get big spiders too

Anyway!
I've been having ATS problems ALL morning. Tried to respond to the Elfie One earlier, but nope. Tried to respond to this spidery Shepherd post earlier, but nope. Tried to send PM's here and there, but nope. Tried to show off my glorious stew that I am cooking today, but nope!

Curse ATS and their shoddy servers whenever "events" are happening in the world.
*nods solemnly, glares at ATS, and wanders off back to the Bushes O' Lurking while muttering under her breath.*

new topics

top topics

<< 176  177  178    180  181  182 >>

join