It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 14

page: 182
<< 179  180  181    183  184  185 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

Hi, I'm back.
I'm reading everything, lol. My brain has been pretty scattered lately so I thought I would take the time to read it all, and it's actually much easier now that it's in a separate thread.

I have no idea what an Alexa is, but I enjoyed Marty's story about making music magic with her niece. Last year (one day) we were asked to babysit my hubby's niece's daughter. I don't have kid stuff anymore and wasn't sure how to entertain her.
She found my little crystal ball and asked if I was a witch (apparently she wanted to be a witch too if I was)...so I said, "Yes" and we spent the day making magic wands & potions and casting spells.
We used our imagination and never touched an electronic device all day...and she had a blast!!

Okay, going to catch up now.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl
Jacy
We are talking technology.

This is the new device from Amazon.
*Hmmmm, maybe we can be the witchy aunts.

I am getting ready to slip out the back door. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Oh and HOW DID I FORGET!!!!! Jaeila got to see inside a chopper, she was in love!!!

edit on 4/14/2017 by Martin75 because: Live it up for the weekend, Pour it up, have the time of your life. Take a shot for the regrets, Double up and it's bound to get buck wild

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

I just refreshed the page and saw that you had added to your last post.
Beautiful picture of you and your niece...you look gorgeous!!

I will have to google search this technology as I'm not up-to-date anymore. I don't even have a 'smart' phone, all my stuff is older and slow. (like me, hehe...)

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Ack!

Just been scrolling through several pages of posts and making mental notes for replies, then got a text message from my neighbour and friend Alan who lends me his portable internet modem-gadget-thing while he's away, and he's arriving back tonight! I have to go and pick him up from the bus station in the nearby town in a few mins (he doesn't drive), so all my best-made plans gang aft a-gley. (Ask Gordi to explain Rabbie Burns to you.)

So, my hopes to spend a quiet evening here exchanging messages with you all will have to wait for another day. Or night. But it was good, at least, to read a little.

Not sure when I'll be back on line again. Could tomorrow if the modem's free; could be as late as next Tuesday when my neighbour heads back to Prague for two or three days. But I love being here with you all and will be thinking of you while I'm gone.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Hi Mike! Good to see you on, even if only for a bit!

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Aww, that made me sad!
I wish you could stay too, because after "laying low" for a week grieving Sophie, now I'm wanting to chat and get caught up with how everyone is. (eww, that sounded selfish)

Anyways, nice to see you Mike and I'm glad you made some happy birthday memories for Dada, even if you are the only one who remembers them. I do the same every year with mama-in-law, we always have a private party for two (but she doesn't remember)...at least one of us knows that they had a nice day and didn't spend it alone.

Hopefully you will be back soon. (I am mentally telling Alan to go back to Prague!)
Hugs to you and Dada,
jacy

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I think I have the place all to myself right now...what to do...what to do...
I know, I will talk to the lurkers.

Somehow yesterday I found the most amazing thread. Somebody must have put the link up in a thread I was reading, but I just don't remember. I started reading it, and realized that I was loving everything! (y'all know that is rare some days)

This thread was written in 2010 and the OP had received 130 flags (with mine added) and 119 stars. But after that, there were hardly any stars and many replies had none. It didn't seem to matter, what was important and wonderful was the reading material. I don't think I even recognized any of the members participating, and many of them had small amounts of posts here, maybe a few hundred. Of course none of them were online when I was.

I would love to revive this thread. Nearly every post had me thinking of a reply or personal experience to share. As I was reading it all earlier, I thought "Geez I want to discuss this, this is the great stuff that I used to adore about ATS!!"

So I'm going to leave a link here, and if anyone is bored or curious, please have a look at it. I feel like many of the Shed regulars might be interested but I also have various other friends around here who also could be.

Random thoughts not so random - pay attention!

jacy

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I'm here!!

*Shep raises his hand and bounces on tippy-toes*

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Hey, I thought you were off pontificating!!

I need a new word now, facetious has worn off and conundrum has become humdrum.
I just need to wait, something will pop up.

I see we have 2 stars, so somebody is lurking. *opens window, throws out donuts*
"You know if you get cold out there you can come inside?"

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I suggest 'gobbledygook'.

~*~*~*~
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
~*~*~*~

*waves good morning to everyone*

I just wanted to apologise to everyone... I haven't really been my self for the past few months, and I'm sorry if I seem distant, or not involved, or anything. I've been trying to be more active in here once more, but have been finding it difficult to "re-emerge".

And I want to try and continue my little Kaelci and Darien story.
But I seem to be suffering from the ghastly affliction of Creativity Denial lately.

And for now, I'm leaving the bushes and making my way over to the kitchens to prepare a caffeinated concoction to get me through this day.

And I just wanted to offer *hugs* to everyone who needs them.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl

Hey, I thought you were off pontificating!!

I just need to wait, something will pop up.

New word, huh? I'll have to pontificate on that particular conundrum. I used "peculiar" the other day and remembered how much I loved that word.

On a side story, my father was once roasted by his coworkers at a birthday party in his honor at our house. One person said he was "the only person I know who can use 'basically' and 'essentially' nine times in the same sentence."

I see we have 2 stars, so somebody is lurking. *opens window, throws out donuts*
"You know if you get cold out there you can come inside?"

And, if you come in we can raid Gordi's scotches and gin, jacy's donuts, and I have beer and hotwings!

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

kaelci sweetheart!!! *squishies*

Thank you for the word, I shall pontificate on it!

Regarding your apology...boy can I ever relate!!!
I have been feeling "off" too, and feel the need to keep apologizing to everyone for "falling off the radar". I seem to be going along fine then BAM! I am overwhelmed and emotional, and just shut down and quit communicating.
I get it. Many of us here get it.
*more hugs*

Some days I am literally forcing myself to 'fake it til I make it'...luckily, with friends like we have here...I usually end up feeling much better after a little chit-chat.
jacy

edit on 14-4-2017 by jacygirl because: stoopid spelling

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I like the word 'gobbledygook'
I always thought it was a British word, and then after gleefully managing to use it in a sentence the other night, I investigated and apparently it actually originated in Texas. (To describe politicians sounding like turkeys gobbling *giggle*)

*squishee hugs!*

(And thank you.)

edit on 14 4 2017 by kaelci because: colourfied my giggle.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Shep...I'm not sure how I end up latching onto a new word, usually one will appear to me a couple of times somehow and I just start using it (or over-using it, hehe....)

So basically you're saying that your father was essentially an honest man who used those words because he was basically telling the truth when he spoke. I'm teasing, but that's the impression I get from someone who would use those words repeatedly. (which is nice)

If I somehow start using one or both of those words I'm going to be ticked at you, because they're both a pain to type out.
So is gobbledygook, but I'm fond of BlackAdder.
jacy

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I'm going to have to pontificate on your post, Jacy.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

On a side story, my father was once roasted by his coworkers at a birthday party in his honor at our house. One person said he was "the only person I know who can use 'basically' and 'essentially' nine times in the same sentence."

I'm like that!
Not so much with 'essentially'. But, I use 'basically' all the time. The worst part is I can hear myself doing it, and I try to stop, but then I say it again!

(I Skype with Mr Bass for anywhere between 4 to 8 hours over the course of a day, depending on the day... and I'm fairly certain I use the word 'basically' at least 200 times a phone-call. I may need corroboration, but, fairly certain.)

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

There's got to be an API that Jess & I can use to program in a plugin for skype to count the number of times basically, essentially, pontificating, conundrum, gobbledegook, and peculiar all come up.

I mean, this is a market niche, right? It's GOT to be...!

edit on 4-14-2017 by PrairieShepherd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Alright lovely ladies of the Shed, I fear I must take my leave of you. As I will be cleaning and knocking things off my "honey-do" list, I suspect I will not be on much for the next 48-72 hours.

Do take care and I will chat more at y'all later!

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

lol @ both of you, hehe...

I don't really think I use essentially when I speak, but I do say basically a lot too.

I've noticed that I over-use the word "just" when I'm writing replies here.
I will just want to say that it's just karma...then I read before I post and have to erase 3 or 4 "justs" because I am basically using it way too much.

*waving good-bye at Shep*...and he's gone. (If it's just us wimmen, I'm getting into my jammies)

edit on 14-4-2017 by jacygirl because: manners, saying 'good-bye'

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
*waves farewell to Sir Shepherd*

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I'll be scarpering also, though I'll be here on and off for the rest of the day.

I was just advocating child labour and "encouraging" my son to clean his mess from the floors of every room, and taking advantage of him being distracted to be here. Now it's time for my work to begin and be a responsible cleaning tidying vacuuming mopping adult-like person.

(Though I don't know why I bother. It'll be like this again by the day's end.)

*exasperated sigh*

I will try to write a story today, at some point! Try!
I need a juicer on my head, fuel my brain with some lemons.

<< 179  180  181    183  184  185 >>

join