It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 14

page: 181
<< 178  179  180    182  183  184 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

Hi Shep!

So sorry about your vehicle...battery? starter? distributor? Hope it's a cheap fix for you! (I'd be in tears, lol)

How nice that you're able to work from home in your jammies though! I've got "Falling..." open in another tab and am quietly enjoying the opportunity to read this morning.

It's Good Friday here and pretty much everything is closed...but the sun is shining and I can be lazy for a while.
Will be checking back here as I continue to get caught up with your story.
*passes box of donuts*
jacy (and cat)

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Mornin' Jacy. Battery. It's fine - just needs to charge. Someone left the interior lights on last night when we got home and had a whole day's worth of stuff to unload from spending the day in town. I've got the charger on it; should be fine in an hour or so. Enjoy "Falling" - I haven't offed anyone yet.

It's Good Friday here too, but I don't think everything closes down around me. We've got clouds today - hoping for sun on Sunday when the family all comes over.

Thanks for the donut.
I accidentally burned my tongue on coffee that was too hot this morning, so the frosting of a donut will ease the pain.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Hey sweetie, I found you a town that might just fit you perfectly...if you are interested. LOL
Donut City for Jacy
Sorry pictures are fighting me this morning.

Shep I am so sorry to hear about your car. You two seem to be having a love hate relationship right now. I'm behind on homework which has also put me behind on your story
but I will get there soon!

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

No worries, Admin! I'm sure the battery is fine - we just drained it, that's all.
Homework comes first, young lady! Get your work done, then you can read.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
T G I F

Hope everyone has a wonderful and safe weekend!
(because you know, the Apocalypse might be around the corner)

!!!!

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
This is such as awesome place. The Shed. Just what i need right now.
The angels are with us :3

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ruchitaa
This is such as awesome place. The Shed. Just what i need right now.
The angels are with us :3

Hello and welcome, Ruchitaa!
I see you've recently signed up...how did you find your way to The Shed?
Grab a comfy seat and feel free to join in! If you've been lurking you know that we write stories, chit-chat and all are welcome!

Hey knowledgehunter!
The Apocalypse is late, lol.

jacy

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Hey Jacy did you see your city? LOL

Shep - I made a 90 on my test this morning. One more test and I am all caught up like a good girl!

Hunter - And a Good Friday to you also!

Ruchitaa - Welcome to The Shed! Find a comfy chair and curl up by the fire. There should be a pixie by soon with something to eat or drink. So nice to see you here!

Night- I am thinking about you sweetie!

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Very new. And i have no idea how i found this. I'm just happy that i did!

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Marty!! I DID find my city, thank you for that! I have the tab open and keep going back there, lol.

Ruchitaa...Well most of us who end up here find that we seem to belong...so don't be shy...you're amongst friends/family in The Shed.
We've been here for over 3 years now, telling stories and getting to know each other. You can tell us as much (or as little) as you're comfortable with.

I'm still reading Shep's story in between checking back here. It's rather addictive, so if I disappear...you know why! (or I'm in donut city uploading pics...so many to choose from!)
jacy

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Hello and thanks for the good wishes on my cat scan today everyone!

Ooooh, another new person has joined the family. Hello and welcome Ruchitaa! People are in here at different hours of the day and night, so hopefully you will always have company when you come here.

Had a couple of coffees while I still had time. Now I'm just drinking water and after my appointment, my Sister will take me out to eat.

Happy almost Easter everyone! Will be leaving around 12:30.

Swanne, are you moving to outer space?

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Ruchitaa
Well it sounds like The Shed found you! Sometimes that happens. The Shed is magical like that

The Shed is an amazingly magical place. Find a room that hasn't been taken and make it your own. We are a family. Lots of love, laughter, and good times. Scattered among stories and real life. We offer support and love. You will never find a better group of misfits or weirdos or whatever little niche we might fit into. Either way, come on over!!!
It's group hug time!!!!!

edit on 4/14/2017 by Martin75 because: You are my sunshine my only sunshine you make me happy when skies are gray....so hurry back!

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
We're such a bunch of love bugs in here. I love the different personalities, humor, love and support and of course the magic. Where else can you go where they have dragons and faeries and pixies and other wondrous creatures and beings?

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hi sweetie! Please try not to be nervous, I know...easier said than done.

I have to go do mama's lunch soon, so just wanted to give you a quick *hug* and let you know that I will be thinking about you. (and sending love, good vibes, and everything will be ok because we ALL love you too much!!!)

*pulls herself out of group hug* Thanks Marty, I needed that.

Be back later, love to all...
jacy

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Thanks Honey! Have a great day!

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
OK I have to share:
I have an Alexa (yeah yeah I know). I have lights in my house hooked up to it so I control them by speaking. Yesterday I took my niece to an Easter Egg hunt. When we were getting ready to leave the house I told her I had to do some magic. I rubbed my hands together (because every magician needs to power their magic) and then I shout the command and point - And the light turns off
I rub my hands together again, shout the command, and point
-And the other lights go off
So she asks to try. We rub our hands together....I tell her what to shout
-And Alexa started to play music

I wished you guys could have seen her face. She said "I have music magic! Most adorable thing, ever!

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986
Hi Knowledge! TGIF indeed. Or, I suppose if you're a Christian that observes Good Friday it would be TGIGF...?

a reply to: Ruchitaa
Welcome to the Shed, Ruchitaa!

90 - Awesome! Good job! Have a donut. And some coffee. Mrs. Shep & I made what was called "Mexican" coffee when it was introduced to me. Coffee in a standard drip-brew maker, but you add cinnamon and some crushed red pepper flakes to the grounds. I wouldn't want it every day, but it's a good change of pace.

Jacy - are you re-reading everything or are you just working on the parts you haven't read yet?

OK, I need some home automation advice then from someone who's done it. We just moved into a house with a fairly large property - 2.1 acres. There's a detached garage, and another little cabin-like extra building (the former owners ran a small business out of the cabin.) We have three lights out in the yard - one at the end of the driveway, the front lights on the garage, and a big halogen floodlight on the garage side which illuminates the walkways. But the switches for the two lights on the garage are in the garage, and the light at the end of the driveway is way out on the far side of the cabin, like 150' from our house! I want to be able to turn all those lights on or off from inside my house. Can some home automation solution utilize my wi-fi network to do that, or am I stuck running hardwires? I may need some kind of wi-fi range extender - our property is 400' across, and I don't think my network extends quite that far.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Alexa can do it. If you are OK with having an Alexa. You might have to buy a hub but I don't think so. I have Alexa and use Phillips Hue light bulbs and WeMo for my outlets that I want to control. The HUB for my Phillips is no where near the light bulbs so I think you can put the hub in the house and still control the lights outside. Feel free to ask anything, I don't want to vomit info all over the page. LOL

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Thanks Admin! I'll take it to PM if I have more questions after researching those things.
We have some Samsung devices here so I was considering the "SmartThings" line of devices for this, but I'm curious what other options are out there.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

These work great with my Samsung Galaxy 6

top topics

<< 178  179  180    182  183  184 >>

join