It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Random thoughts not so random - pay attention!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+106 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I suppose I was very young when I started tapping into the feelings, thoughts and emotions of others, but it wasn't until I got older that I realized those feelings, thoughts and emotions didn't belong to me. Strange, right? A little weird? You betcha! But we all have the ability, and it happens every single day. Most people just don't slow down long enough to get to "know" themselves well enough to distinguish between what belongs to them and what doesn't.

I use to joke and say that I didn't need a cell phone, because I knew exactly when my friends and family were thinking about me, and it was always true.

So before you try to skewer me and stick me on the grill, check this out and see if any of it rings true for you.

1. Do people you know randomly pop into your head during the day, without having any other source that triggered that thought? (like something that reminded you of them, etc.) If so, you most likely just picked up on a thought they had of you!

2. Everyone has at least one person in their life that has caused them grief, anger or pain. Do you find yourself in a relatively good mood, only to have this person pop suddenly into your head, and you find yourself getting angry? Congratulations.....you just picked up a transmission of emotion from them that was directed at you. There is another thread that someone else started regarding negative energy from someone harming you. This is very real, but I can share how I've learned to deal with it.

3. Have you ever been in a conversation with someone, and suddenly felt like you should retract something you said, even though you didn't mean anything by it? Follow that feeling, because that person just misinterpreted what you said and you just picked up on it. 9 times out of 10, if you apologize, they will kindly reassure you that they thought nothing of it...your feeling should instantly change. Generally speaking, a kind human spirit will seek to ease discomfort through your display of genuine humility and kindness by deflecting the cause of the vibe they just gave. Sub-conscious human behavior only wanted it to be noticed, and your attention to the matter was enough to correct it. The psychic world is one in which we interact in on a daily basis, but we don't even realize it!

4. Have you ever walked into a room and suddenly felt uncomfortable? Either someone was just talking about you, or someone has looked at you and was thinking ill thoughts. Of course, you can't argue with someone's thoughts, because people will quickly assume you're nuts, but you can learn to use it to your advantage.

5. You can equally pop yourself into someone's head by thinking strong emotions about them. Preferably good ones! I say "strong", because it is the loud voice that sticks out in a crowded room. Unless your friend or loved one is in meditation, it is likely they might never notice the random thought of you.

6, Have you ever walked passed a stranger out in public and instantly got a "feeling" about them, despite the dozens of others that just walked by? Maybe you KNEW they just checked you out, or maybe you felt like they just thought you were too fat or too skinny, or maybe you knew they liked what you were wearing, or maybe they liked your perfume/cologne....whatever. Congrats, that's your radar! Now this isn't an excuse for pumped up egos to walk around and say "yup, she wants me", or "yup, he thinks I'm hot".....be cool. Remember, "random" is the key here....not normal, habitual thoughts.

So how do you decipher between what's yours and what's not? Quite simply....know yourself first and foremost!! Get to know your own thought patterns and how you think. Are your thoughts generally positive? Are they generally negative? Do you meditate or pray on a consistent basis? Do you spend time in gratitude (thanking God for everything, etc.)? Are your thoughts a bunch of static that make no sense, or do you like to focus on certain things and go with it? Get to know YOUR thought patterns first. When you become familiar with how you think, and what thoughts trigger certain emotions, then you will begin to discern between what is foreign and what isn't. I have personally found that it is MUCH easier to discern when the majority of your thoughts are in a positive range. Negative ones will instantly feel like someone just screamed in your head, especially if it doesn't belong to you.

Compare it to your home. You know your furnishings, or at least you should. If someone came over and left something of theirs, how long would it take for you to notice? Most people would notice right away that there is something in their space that doesn't belong there, or that doesn't belong to them. Your thoughts are the same way, and our brains are magnificently programmed to be the original "cell" phone. Of course, we can't download applications, text message, or any of that, but if you are willing to "unplug" from all the gadgets and spend some time alone with your thoughts - paying ATTENTION to them - then you just might find your newly discovered gift a lot more fun than any electronic gadget out there.

I will say that at times I enjoy this knowledge, but also many times I do not. There are places I refuse to go, and people I refuse to be around, simply because their thoughts and emotions are so intrusive.

So, how do you combat a negative thought pattern or someone who is thinking hateful thoughts about you? Well, it's the easiest, and also one of the hardest things to do, especially if you're not use to it. When you feel the emotion or the negative thought come in, INSTANTLY say NO! Say it out loud....say it several times. What you're doing is denying those negative energies from entering your space. It may seem a little hokey, but you have to remember that thoughts are waves of energy on their way to becoming THINGS. If you want to keep bugs out of your house, you close the door, right? Same thing. Say NO!

Second, after saying no, replace it with a loving thought. If you cannot love your enemy, at least replace the thought with well wishes. Wish that person peace if you can't wish them genuine love. But whatever you do, you must mean it with intention....you cannot fool your intentions. Your goal in doing so should be to calm the person's mind, so wishing them peace enough to release you from their thoughts is something just about anyone can do. Practice makes perfect!

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Great stuff - s+f.
Much to think about.

I get some random stuff now and then. Only recently have I started paying attention. For lack of better term I call them the Good Voices
On the odd occasion when I pay heed, they seem pretty accurate.

Not exactly what you're getting at but perhaps related...

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   

2. Everyone has at least one person in their life that has caused them grief, anger or pain. Do you find yourself in a relatively good mood, only to have this person pop suddenly into your head, and you find yourself getting angry? Congratulations.....you just picked up a transmission of emotion from them that was directed at you. There is another thread that someone else started regarding negative energy from someone harming you. This is very real, but I can share how I've learned to deal with it.

Please tell. I have a problem with this sort of thing.

I have this sort of 'tactile radar' where if I touch an object that I usually use- pencil, steering wheel, utensils- I can tell if someone else has used it. Usually, there's a different feeling to it, a different warmth, ect. I havent been able to use it for like, say card tricks....

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
that, actually, would explain some things...

second line.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by emeraldzeus

Have you ever tried blanking out your thoughts when a negative person is around?
With practice it works the same as physically leaving.
What I mean by blanking out is removing all thoughts and filling it in with nothingness, the same nothingness that is achieved by meditating but only that this time it is forced. It can be achieved fast by "pulling" all of the thoughts and emotions that you can fit in at the same time and quickly replacing them with other ones, kinda like an overload, at the end you will have a blunder that becomes nothingness.
Also if you wish to stop the "feelings" from others for what ever reasons you can adopt an "I don't care" attitude and get more involved in every day "rituals" like TV, work, ...........

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
You have what someone from Gilead would call the "touch". This feeling is, to some extent, in everyone but some are more sensitive in it. I have more power over influence myself and have to really tap into myself to surface my sense of touch

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
A truly wonderful thread, thanks for sharing it with us.

There is an ex-colleague of mine that I have thoughts about, even though I have not seen her in over a year. She was attractive so naturally she caught my eye. But I still think about her now and wonder what she is doing and what she is up to. I liked her. An added bonus was that her father was a really nice guy that I got along with too. Unfortunately, I do not think she harboured the same feelings for me and she was in a relationship when we were working together anyway.

Now, a part of me wants to believe that maybe my thoughts about her now have something to do with her "regular thoughts about me" too. But in reality, I have probably just maintained an emotional attachment to somebody who never felt the same way and who has probably forgotten I exist. I doubt my thoughts about her are triggering any memories in her head about me.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   

I am in the same boat as you!

I can feel other peoples emotions, and sense when familly and friends are around!

I can also see auras around anything living and sometimes in-animate objects!

Lights tend to flicker randomly when I am around, (That could be to do with dogey electrics)

But yeah interesting thread! I have learnt to deal with it now and I intend to help people who havn't developed, to learn such skills and put them into practice in their lives!

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
great thread, i get this all the time, but i sense things from animals and even places, almost like a place is calling to me to come over and take a look, then it turns to a feeling like i have been there before, and sometimes feelings of excitement or sadness, depending on the place and what kind of memories it holds for me. I have a very strange thing with wild life and animals in general, things like when you hear people saying about a cat or a dog, when they come over to you for some petting, and the owner says something like "now thats strange he wont normally go to anyone he doesn't know" and with wild animals, i will have wild birds come up to me when i am sat on my own, even foxes will stand and stare, one of the strangest ones was a deer, i was on holiday camping out on my own again, and wandering through the forest, and noticed a deer just stood staring at me, no panic no fuss, then casually wandered off. I believe we are all in touch with each other on a level, and also with animals and all life including plants, and the planet, she speaks to all of us, we just dont hear it all the time, some of us never hear it.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Hiya, that's an interesting collection of ideas. Empathy is a subject I find fascinating. In fact, I couldn't do my job without it. A lot of the things you describe are recognisable occurrences in my daily life. Whether or not it's paranormal is a matter of opinion and who wants to get into all that? Maybe empathetic people are more sensitive to subtle social cues, body language, pupil dilation etc?

The price of empathy seems related to the cost of unsettled emotions. Whilst it's a good talent in life, people with the 'talent' often have to 'toughen up' or die trying. Steel shells and soft centres

[edit on 16-2-2010 by Kandinsky]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I'd say some of those feelings are caused by our subconsciousness detecting body language signals. And it happens so fast, You just don't realize it. You may not realize that You understand body language clusters that well, but all of us are just born with it. The difference is that trained people can describe it and explain it in details, others just feel it subconsciously.
And about random thoughts of random people popping into mind - I also think there has been some kind of a trigger - like an object or situation - that Your mind relates to that person. Maybe not obvious, but still...

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
An important thread here - people need to read the OP and digest it.

There is nothing more human than being in touch with your intuition.

I am able to use this intuitive communication to talk to my pets.

Its very handy. I own guinea pigs and simply ask them, intuitively, to poop in one spot for easier clean up, to tell me what foods they enjoy, if they like or dislike any other guinea pig, etc. Its important for your pets to know you respect who they are and love them. Send them the love.

Since i began listening to them using intuition, they have seemed much happier.

As Emerlaldzeus said, EVERY SINGLE PERSON has this skill, its just a matter of recognising it and developing it.

Dont try to rationalize it - just accept that IT IS.

[edit on 16-2-2010 by srsen]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Nice thread, thanks to the OP.

Think about this one: Your friend transmits a Vibratory Sound Complex towards you. Your brain assigns a meaning to this pattern. You "understand" what your friend said. You are telepathic!
So we could say that communication is simply the recognition of vibrations. All your thoughs in my opinion "count" towards your Energy Stamp or own personal rate of Vibration. The quality of these thoughts can be high (Positive) or low (Negative) thus influencing the vibrational whole.
In my humble opinion the words "thought" carry the same "weight" as the spoken message.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ChristosAlliance

'Vibratory Sound Complex'...

Read the Law Of One i assume...

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Unfortunately none of this has happened to me apart from '3'.
Though they say twins have a mental connection.
However I'll practice thinking hard about people and see if they pick up on it!
As for instances like point 3, I think we often don't give ourselves enough credit for picking up on body language. It doesn't have to be anything to do with psychic abilities. I started a new job recently and one member of staff is definitely hostile. It would be difficult to prove this to anyone but she has given off a million tiny vibes and I just 'know'.

[edit on 16-2-2010 by unicorn1]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   

What happens if the person is very famous or a very very important person. Wouldn't that person be crushed by all of those thoughts?

example

Baptist Pastors Prayed for Obama Death on Presidents Day

[edit on Tue, 16 Feb 10 by Jazzyguy]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Great post! Firstly s&f!

I wrote an answer but i felt it was far too long, but i feel very strongly about this post, so i'm going to follow and see what some other people have to say, but i'm definitley going to practice saying 'no' when those negative thoughts pop in with memories from certain people.

I always thought i was a really depressed person, i never had any reason, but i've always let myself get down on what others are thinking about me, as i get older and cut out alot of the negative energy in my life, the more i am realising that maybe it wasn't 'depression' but perhaps just these negative people putting out bad vibes, and since i've just had my loved ones around me, my life has improved what feels like 100 fold, i'm off anti-depressants, i'm off a drug that a negative person got me on, i've lost 50 pounds, i'm feeling better physically, and after 2-3 years my partner and i have finally concieved naturally, i put alot of that to being happy in my life with the people around me.

Keeping those people around that give me more positive feelings has helped dramatically, now when i go out and see people that i don't think are good for me, i find myself drained when i get home, to the point where the next day i almost feel like i've run a marathon and i feel quite down.

So much of this post rings true for me, all the points i can pretty much agree with so thanks so much for posting
You have brightened my mood up greatly already!

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by srsen
reply to post by ChristosAlliance

'Vibratory Sound Complex'...

Read the Law Of One i assume...

Reading the Law of One is certainly easier than living it! But I'm doing my very best.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I've had this feeling a few times , once recently I walked past my ex girlfriend from 3 girlfriends ago ! She is incredibly beautiful and I always wished that I could have got back out with her .

I walked past her on my way to college one night maybe last month she didnt see me at all because she was on the phone to some one !

Anyways I got to thinking about her quite a bit the next few days you know wondering what she has been up to , if she is single where she works lots of thoughts about her and even thoughts of getting physical with her ! as you do !

so a day or so after that im on facebook and she IM me out of the blue , baring in mind that I havent spoken to her in 2 years since we split up , and she hasnt spoken to me online since we split so it is very odd for her to talk to me in any way! she asks me what im up to and how ive been .

i just thought it was weird , i was going to tell her i was thinking about her but didnt want to seem weird !

you think maybe i was thinking alot of positive things about her and my emotions have some how transfered to her conciousness and triggered her to think about me !

I have similar thoughts with my current partner , we can be sitting in silence doing our own thing at home , then all of a sudden we will look at each other and say the exact same thing its very odd !

I reckon there is much more to this than meets the eye

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by bkaust

My current partner has a friend who is very negative , and well basically her friend is totally bad for her in every way , when they used to hang out she would transfer all of her depression and negative thoughts onto my gf. Basically she would bring her down with her, now my gf has cut her out of her life , however thoughts of her old friend still plague my girlfriend , and i think it could be because her old friend is still thinking negative thoughts about her .

I believe my partner has some sort of psychic abilities especially when it comes to peoples thoughts and feelings , one of my friends believes my gf is psychic or has the potential to develop psychic abilities

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join