It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 14

page: 133
<< 130  131  132    134  135  136 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: crappiekat

But can cause alot of damage. I have tree's around my house being tore up because of them. They peck away to make there nests, and they are going after the bugs in the wood.

They don't cause damage, it is their habitat and they eradicate huge amounts of insects that would other wise bother us. You are fortunate to have them so close, their symbolism is to drum new wisdom into our lives. I always pay attention to what life is trying to tell me when I am lucky enough to hear or see one.

Ya can't shoot em. Not even to scare them.

Why would you want to kill this magnificent animal. The Ivory Billed is possibly extinct due to loss of habitat and hunting, next of the big wood peckers is the Pileated.
Embrace them, feed them, learn their different calls.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Hiya Wis! How are you tonight? I love the woodpeckers too and used to get a couple at my feeder. I'll have to get some more seeds and suet to put out.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Olla Amiga, we call it "Little Mexico" here. I am Ok in diminutive. If you get my jest.
I love our native birds. They are well adapted, unlike for example the European sparrow, and the Common Starling both extremely aggressive.
Both of these were introduced by some nut case who wanted to "bring alive" a Shakespearean play. I prefer native species no matter where in the world I am.

The ice is almost off the lake so Gigi can bathe, the geese, sandhill's, redwings and wood ducks are back, so life goes on.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Yes, some birds were introduced here. I love the sparrows and starlings though. It's the pigeons I can do without, even though I rescued a baby one once. LOL

Years ago we had pigeons that were always on the roof of the porch below us. I would go to my bedroom window and there they were all pooing and cooing constantly. It drove me insane. They actually sell a product that keeps them off roofs. What a friggin relief that was!

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   
If anyone knows bally001, please wish him a Happy ATS Anniversary. He could really use some cheering up right now.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I know a little dog that got in trouble. I got home from work, to find that she'd chewed on my computer mouse. She's lucky she didn't get the battery. She's out in the hall pouting because I won't let her near me.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Welcome home Skiddy! You have been missed! Hugs!

Uh oh, you must be getting the sad eyes and lowered head thing from the dog. Which one was it?

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Uh oh, you must be getting the sad eyes and lowered head thing from the dog. Which one was it?

This one?

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

Have you seen this kat?

from "Xtreme Crappie Angler" on FB...

Pending state record caught today in Illinois 4.8 lb slab crappie!

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Ahahaha! Yes that's the one!

4:16 am here and I need to get some sleep. The early birds should be coming in a while. Catch you later Sir Gordi!

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 04:41 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Good morning my beautiful Shedigans!!! How is everyone this morning?

Chirp - Those pictures are adorable!

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
Hi. Thanks. I've been busy and haven't been able to stop by much.

I got both. Suzie is the culprit. My mom heard her chewing on it and took it from her. The thing that gets me is they have toys but never play with them.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark
Skid! So good to see you! I hope that you have been busy in a good way. You have been missed!

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Hello Hunter! How are you tonight?

Hi NS! Sorry I missed your message last night, I went straight to Dreamland. You must be in Dreamland yourself right now

Hello everyone else!

Gym time.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Is that so cool. Someone sent it to me this morning.

www.facebook.com...

We still have ice up here.

I had friends come up 2 weeks ago to ice fish.

I am headed down there this weekend to fish.

Down in Illinios they have had a warm year.( no snow for like 65 days)

The chain of lakes is really hot right now.
edit on 29-3-2017 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Oh, this does indeed exist. Number 14 already? Sheesh.

Bloody hell I'm tired.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn
Hello Eilasvaleleyn - Long time no see! Pull you up a seat and rest. We have the perfect spot for the weary.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
A long time indeed. I'm really gonna need that. I'm about to go to bed, getting 4-5 hours of sleep max. I have a lab prac at 9 and it's currently nearly 4. T_T

On an odd diversion, I was wondering this.
If you, as an older individual, were to clearly remember your childhood crush and still have feelings for them, would that make you a pedophile or some variant thereof?
And if not, were you to encounter that childhood crush as you remember them to be and circumstance was identical (for instance via a timeslip wherein you inhabited the body of your younger self but kept the same mind), would you then be considered an x-ophile?

An odd question, but I am approaching (or rather, reached several years ago I suppose) an age where those sorts of questions start to matter somewhat.
I'll be turning twenty this year. And yet, thinking about said childhood crush still makes me feel slightly nervous just as it did all those years ago, though I suppose it is true that it is much less intense. Is that odd? Should those feelings begin to fade, or have faded already?

I was already relatively advanced in terms of mental maturity as a child. When I was fourteen I felt eighteen, and conversely now that I am eighteen I scarcely feel much older than fourteen at all. Outside of annoying physical reminders, that is, like my hairline receding for the first time in ever. (Though not majorly... Yet. T_T)
edit on 29/3/2017 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Reasons

new topics

top topics

<< 130  131  132    134  135  136 >>

join